Sara Sidle and Conrad Ecklie

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by squirt, Aug 10, 2005.

1. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Alright, I'll say what I said in the Ecklie/Sofia thread yesterday - if this pairing isn't your cup of tea, there are a million other threads for various pairings out there, so there is something for everyone. Lets not start labelling people as crazy - I mean 'We all go a little crazy sometimes' but there's no need to point it out :D

Personally I can't see this pairing myself, but this forum is open to everyone, or every different opinion and thats the beauty of it. So lets leave the Ecklie/Sara discusion to those who are interested in the pairing, m'kay? Many thanks.

2. Sidle_my_Idol

Sidle_my_Idol CSI Level Two

Do you hate Sara so much that you want her paired with Ecklie?
    Seriously man..I think Sara hates Ecklie's gut more than any other CSI..except Gris maybe...and it is as obvious as day...and to pair someone with someone s/he hates ...*shudders*

Squirt, you still hate Sara that much or what? :devil: But I hope the creation of this thread is not the reason behind it.

If Conrad Ecklie is that good and deserving, then how come I don't see you pairing him up with Cath and Sofia (the characters I know you like) instead? mind boggles

or do you think Sara is so much better and nicer than Cath and Sofia that only she can help Ecklie be better?

just curious.

Ecklie was humanly to our CSIs only in GD, and well to Cath in ND.

3. squirt

squirt Pathologist

No actually I was watching the eepisode when Ecklie wanted to break up the team and Sara lied and told Ecklie that she had had that talk with Grissom. I though hmmm wonder why she would like to Ecklie like that and risk getting Grissom in trouble.. maybe there is some underlying feelings there or something... that was the reason...

4. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Okay guys, friendly debate and questioning is fine, but lets keep it friendly. Its fine to come in and ask why someone thinks this ship could fly, but lets not get bogged down in debate.

Have to add my two cents worth, though. Sara didn't lie to Ecklie in Mea Culpa.

They did have an 'abbreviated' conversation in Viva Las Vegas - she asked to speak to him, he said sure, asked her about PEAP and she said she was going to the sessions - then they got interupted - the very definition of 'abreviated'.

Now, lets get this thread back on topic. Does anyone see this ship? And if so, why?

5. Sidle_my_Idol

ya..I am also wondering the same thing.
    and ya I remember that PEAP conversation between Sar and Ecklie...I agree with forensicsgirl that she did initiated the conversation with Grissom, but was interfered..but then I agree that she didn't really have a conversation..which she said to Ecklie..now that was an attempt to save Grissom, the supervisor's butt..

See Sara was covering for Grissom actually. :D.

6. squirt

squirt Pathologist

If you do not like this thread then do not view it or par-take in it. I thought it odd that she said what she said to Ecklie... Grissom states "and we didn't" and she told Ecklie that they had.. he even made a comment about maybe Grissom just forgot to document it... whether she was covering for him or not... I just thought it odd and thought that there may be a possibuility for them. Look if you are not happy with this thread why do you read it and then comment? Ecklie does look at her differently.. Maybe he is the one who wants her,.. you never know.. stranger things have happened.

7. Sidle_my_Idol

I didn't say I don't like this thread..how can I ..if Sara is there? I just don't agree with it, but then I have my freedom to comment on what I think was happening during that conversation.I didn't deny your opinion; I just stated mine.

8. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Okay guys, please do not let this degenerate into an argument. As long as it is kept friendly, I have no problem with anyone coming in here and seeking clarification as to why this ship could/should fly. Its not like the more obvious ships like Gil/Cath, GSR, Snickers, Sandle, etc, where there have been instances of flirting, etc on the show. People may have questions about this pairing, and questions are not an evil...

Squirt, please don't tell someone they cannot come in here and participate. As long as the conversation does not turn hostile against individuals, there is no problem. But please, I'll repeat what I said earlier, lets not get bogged down in debate. Primarily, this thread is to discus the possibility of an Ecklie/Sara relationship and as yet, I haven't really seen any discusion on the subject.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I guess it just depends on what thread it is to what the mod says.
    So it's ok in this thread to say you don't like it they shouldnt be together but in the other you can. sounds like too different set of rules.

10. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

GrissomsButterfly, I also said:

Please don't take me out of context. In the Sofia/Hodges thread people were simply coming in and saying 'I think Hodges would work better with Ecklie' or 'I think Sofia is better with Grissom' - there are already threads for those pairings.

In this thread, people are confused as to why Ecklie and Sara would be paired. Several posts ago, I nipped the coming in to say you don't like the thread in the bud:

However, if someone wants to know why Ecklie/Sara shippers think this ship could fly, I don't see why they shouldn't ask - as long as it doesn't spiral into an argument.

Now, can we please get on topic? Is there anyone out there that likes this ship and thinks it could work? Let's talk about the reasons for that, shall we?

11. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

I think it could work she wants power and he could give it to her, she was upset that Grissom did'n recomend her for the key positon.

12. Future_CSI

Future_CSI CSI Level Two

He called her a "loose cannon with a gun." Foreplay maybe?

13. squirt

squirt Pathologist

Maybe... maybe he knows what really makes her tick.. and how exactly would he know that unless he had been studing her and following her..

14. Future_CSI

Future_CSI CSI Level Two

Ooh, I like where this is going. He was totally flirting with her in Mea Culpa. Something about Sara not polishing her jewelery at work? LOL, maybe not flirting, but he wanted to see her smile. Or maybe his social skills just suck...

15. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

Maybe its the only way he knows of trying to get her to come and talk to him.