Person of Interest

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Geeno, Sep 23, 2011.

1. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Yeah, that was funny how Reese lost his POI right after mocking Fusco like that.

I rewatched Number Crunch yesterday and I'm really wondering what's going to happen when Agent Snow and the sniper drive down to where Carter is. She's in a dangerous situation.

I like the actor who plays Snow. I think he did a good job in the episode, so I'm hoping to see him in the next one, but I guess it's going to depend on whether the show picks up where it left off last time or fastforwards a few weeks.

2. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Person of Interest not only has a new episode tonight, but it won the People's Choice Award for Best New Drama last night. :beer:

3. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

That win was one of the few that I agreed with. I just re-watched the last episode again two days ago to ready for tonight. I wish I could get my hubby to watch, but he always studies on Thursday nights. I keep telling him he is missing a great show.

4. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I know what you mean, mrsJr. So far I've gotten two people to almost watch. Maybe now that it's won the PCA, they'll finally watch. :)

I watched the cliffhanger episode 5 times. I was going to watch it again a little while ago, but I'm already too much on the edge of my seat anticipating tonight's episode. I think after tonight's, I'll re-watch both the cliffhanger and the new one in a row.

5. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I recently started watching the show after hearing good things about it. Admittedly it took me a few episodes to get into but I can easily say I'm well and truly hooked!

I really, REALLY like the characters as well. Reese is pretty bad-ass, Fusco is amusing, Carter is a well-rounded character and likeable and Finch is so mysterious and quirky. (I'm REALLY interested in getting some background on him.)

My favourite episodes so far have been "Number Crunch" and "Super", as I said before, at first the series began moving slowly but I really love how they've started to gradually introduce the machine as almost a fifth character and build on a series arc.

Whilst I thought the most recent episode ("Legacy") was one of the weaker ones so far, I loved how Reese kept keeping the two detectives out of the loop. The three-way phone-call was very funny. :lol:

The funniest moment so far?

Reese: "Well, you need to move fast."
    Finch: "Thanks for that newsflash, Mr. Reese. Here I was planning to move at a sloth-like pace and get myself captured."

:guffaw:

Looking forward to Thursday's episode. :)

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yes, I agree the last episode wasn't the best of the season, but at least it was still good. They can't be perfect every week... although that would be nice.

It's still interesting to me that Fusco is sort of a good guy- especially after such inauspicious beginnings. I mean, he was basically taking Reese somewhere to kill him. I feel like we've all forgotten that now, but I wonder if it'll come up again later in some way...?

Anyway, I am seriously jonesin' for a new ep. These hiatuses in the middle of the year get on my nerves.

7. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Me too. Sometimes I forget what happened in the last episode and have to read a summary before the new one airs. Do we get a new one this week?

8. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

According to the Futon Critic, we've got a new episode every Thursday up to the 23rd. So yes, there is a new episode this week. :)

9. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Good I am ready for a new one.

10. BabaOReilly

I wish I could explain why I love this show so much, but it seems like it's for a different reason every week! :p

11. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

This show can NOT come out on DVD fast enough for me. Wish this show was on ON DEMAND. I think my rapidly diminishing crush on Horatio Caine is redirecting and reintensifying on Jim Caviezel's character John Reese.
    :drool: :luvlove: :adore:

12. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I have to agree. I used to be a Horatio fan, but Reese is so much better. Less corny and tougher.

13. Lego107

Lego107 Dead on Arrival

:) can't we be a fan of both?!!!

14. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I finally figured out who Jim Caviezel looks like, to me anyway...George Clooney. Does anyone else, besides me, think George Clooney could do a few episodes as Jim Caviezel's character John Reese's twin brother? If the show were pay-per-view, I would pay to see that.

15. BabaOReilly

The episode with the baby was pretty good, but the part where John gets bamboozled by Elias felt... off to me, for some reason. Like it was just too easy.

Still, good episode.