Natalia Boa Vista #1- New. Cool. Attitude *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by vegaslights, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patricia

Patricia Lab Technician

Re: Natalia Boa Vista #1- New. Cool. Attitude **SPOILERS**

Thank you! :)
    I don't know why but I can see anything at her official site..I have everything with red X... :(

I agree, that would be awesome!! We really need to see them like persons, humans and not only as csi's...they have lifes out of the lab right?
    And "Flashbacks" would be a perfect title!!

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Hey all, just for some Eva info. I read that shes been cast in a new movie opposite Samuel L. Jackson! Hes like a huge movie star! Go Eva!! I'm not sure if it's big screen or made-for-tv but i'm thrilled. I could see her career taking off into big screen stuff. Back to Natalia, that'd be awesome if they did a 'flashback' epi. Nick said to Eric "shes trouble", that remark kinda made me wonder if our Nat was a bit of a bad girl or was Nick just being an ass & saying it to keep Eric away from her?! Man, I have so many burning questions concerning her. & how the hell does she afford her house payment? Nick was a loser, do we really think he made enough $ for them to live there. Did she inherite the place?, are her parents dead?, his parents? I'd really like to know these things!

3. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

woo! go eva! the movie news is awesome. whatever it is, i hope it does well and i will definately watch it.

**ETA:
    i looked it up on imbd and the title is Lakeview Terrace and its set to come out in 08. it didn't give much else about the film but her characters name is Lieutenant Morgada and the short summary is "An LAPD officer (Jackson) will stop at nothing to force out the interracial couple who just moved in next door."

4. Boa_Vista_Fan

Boa_Vista_Fan Rookie

Okay... calm down, my friend. :)

I totally understand your frustration and I have it a lot of the time too, but I think the writers have a right to put our girl on the backburner for a little bit. Her storyline with Nick this past season was pretty big, especially the episode that ended it.

While I do agree that the writers need to forget about Horatio and Eric for a while, I don't think they should throw Natalia into another storyline just yet. Khandi and Rex deserve to have their characters shine in a few episodes, if not whole storylines. When it comes to some attention, I think they're the most deserving. (But after them definitely comes Natalia.)

Exactly!

Because this is a crime drama and not a soap opera (although sometimes it seems like it), it's difficult for the writers to focus a lot on the character's lives. If they wanted to, they'd have to spread it out over a crapload of episodes which would start getting some of the fans complaining: "All they do is show Jimmy-Bob now! Focus on someone else!"

I figured with "Flashbacks" you'd be able to focus a little bit on everyone. Of course it would probably leave a billion questions unanswered, but then that'd give the writers things to focus on in future episodes.

I don't know. *shrug* Just an idea.

Really? I don't have that problem. Hmm.

I'm sure you could also find other Eva pictures by simply going to the pictures area of Google and typing in her name.

Okay... here's the whole conversation between Nick and Eric.

Eric: You're inside a crime scene. You need to leave.
    Nick: Oh, I get it--she slept with you. Right. Am I right? You and about a hundred other guys.
    Eric: Get the hell out of here.
    Nick: She got something from you, didn't she? I mean that's her style. You know, tit for tat.
    Eric: You've got about two seconds.
    Nick: You want my advice? Run. Run from this chick. You got no idea who she is.

I've tried to analyze this billions of times and I'm still left going "WTF?" I can see the paranoia and control when he mentions her sleeping with a bunch of other guys. My guess is she had a lot of good guy friends that his twisted mind thought were lovers.

As far as her getting something from him and that "tit for tat" stuff... I have no idea. Left me puzzled.

The "no idea who she is" bit is probably just an attempt to drive Eric away from her. The more Eric distances himself from her, the easier it is for Nick to try to get her back.

That's just my two cents... Could be completely wrong, but at least I gave it a shot.

I don't think we ever learned anything about her parents. All we know about her family is that she has two sisters--Anya and Christine--and a few nieces. As far as Nick's family goes... the only family member of his that we know of is his mother. (In Internal Affairs, Natalia tells Horatio that Nick's mother asked her to get his belongings together.)

I'm 99.99% positive that having that house has something to do with Nick. Remember last season when she told Ryan that she lived up the street from that one crime scene in the oh-so-rich Coconut Grove? He was like "you live here?" And she nodded and said that it was a long story. Then he said that the story couldn't be a bad one if she ended up in this neighborhood, which was when she changed the subject.

Maybe she not only put him in jail but also sued him? Or perhaps she got the way-better end of the divorce deal? I'm also tossing around the idea of Nick's parents giving it to her as an apology or something.

I honestly don't know, but it is something that I'd really like to find out.

Hmm... interesting description.

I love the fact that she's playing a cop again. Maybe we can see her with a gun! And tackle someone! Again! (Like I said before, she was awesome in Cries in the Dark.)

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I wish they'd repeat "if looks could kill" epi. There was so much that i forgot! I couldn't even remember Nick saying that (about all the guys). Im sure it was to eat at Eric but they really left that whole relationship (nick/nat) up in the air as far as im concerned! Oh & BVFAN, Im all good now, its ok!! I do agree that we need Alexx & Frank too, & that Nat did have some good Nick issues but I felt like they just dropped everything w/ her after "internal Affairs", they should have at least tried to drag it out thru the season at least a little. I was never too keen on how they 'got rid of' Nick. or the way they played it out. This was a man she was so afraid of that she went into 'hiding' after putting him in jail. Then we meet him & yes hes an ass but it just left you wondering "what the hell really happened" & then she sleeps w/ him & it's all oh, i still loved him. I know that happens alot in real life but i guess i was expecting something bigger after the way they worked him up to be such a monster. im sure this sounds AWFUL, but i was kinda hoping he would attack Natalia or at least hit her & then break out w/ all the killing him & stuff. Anyway, I guess we'll see this year if anything comes out of it!

6. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

Mjszud, I think what you are trying to say is they should have done more with the story about Natalia and her ex. There was so much they could have done. It would have been very interesting if they had shown how he manipulated her.

I realize that some abused women still love their abusers, but you would think that after she has gone through alot to start a new life that she would think twice about sleeping with him.

7. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

in 'Internal Affairs' she told Horatio that some of the times between her and Nick were really wonderful so maybe she was just trying to get that back and be happy again. but it really didn't make sense that she was warning Valera when she wasn't even listening to her own advice of staying away from him. i suppose like all advice though, its easier said than done.

8. Patricia

Patricia Lab Technician

For me it didn't make sense either...I think the sleeping with him again thing happened because in orther to accuse her of his murder they had to find her DNA in his house...and apparently they couldn't come up with another reason that would place her DNA there...

9. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

I know what your saying but it seems like they could have gotten her fingerprints from something or she could accidently left something there. Maybe they wanted to show that even in the worse circumstance there is enough good times to make people come back to the person.

10. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

11. Boa_Vista_Fan

Boa_Vista_Fan Rookie

I agree. That storyline had a lot of potential that the writers chose not to explore. That's one of the very few downsides to this being a crime drama. If this was a soap opera, I could garantee you that this storyline would still be going on and that we'd be learning a ton about this confusing relationship. Unfortunately, a lot of it is left up to us to speculate.

We really haven't been given enough information regarding Natalia and Nick's relationship to come to any conclusions, but...

Sure, Natalia was terrified in the beginning when Nick first came back into her life, but after they made that agreement, I'm willing to bet that things started going downhill right then and there. In order for him to drop the TRO, she had to be "civil" to him at crime scenes. So she was, and he probably turned on his old charm, and they started talking more and maybe even flirting... And all of those amazing memories Natalia had of her and him together came rushing back... and she figured that he spent this much time in jail and he got released early because of good behavior so he must have changed, and maybe they could start over...

I don't know. Just my $0.02.

Yeah, this is the hard part to understand... Again, we really haven't been given enough information to understand any of this, but... I think Natalia warned Valera because she really was worried about her friend. I'm sure a part of her still thought Nick could be abusive and she didn't want Valera to take that chance. However, Natalia was ready to take that chance herself just because she had dealt with him before and maybe thought she'd be prepared if anything was to happen...

I don't know. Enough of me playing psychologist.

Oh, and BTW: new thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.