Monk

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jan 21, 2005.

1. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

Eeee, I'm going to have to start watching Monk! I can never remember to watch it when it's on, and then I've already missed so much of the episode it's not worth watching. I shall make a point to force my cousins to watch Monk with me when we're on vacation the week of the 4th. :devil: :D

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

The Season premiere rocked i loved it, it ticked me off and made me laugh at the same time, i think they are under playing Nat, but the Captain and Monk are picking up the slack.

The thing is they are making "Disher" dumber and dumber, i understand it was suppost to be so he could be funny but it's like he can't find a clue if you put a bright neon sign with an arrow pointing to it.

They need to brighten Disher up a bit like in the first season, and give Nat more of a chance, in my opinion.

But otherwise the show is keeping the comedy going and its getting better and better.

3. PurpleBlood

PurpleBlood Rookie

I watched the new episode last night and it was very good. Last season, when I heard Sharonna wasn't going to be on, I was a little upset by it. However, I have gotten to like the new girl, Natalie.

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Monk has been nominated for the following Emmy Awards:

Outstanding Directing For A Comedy Series
    Monk • Mr. Monk Takes His Medicine • USA • NBC
    Universal Television Studio in association with
    Mandeville Films and Touchstone Television
    Directed by Randy Zisk

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series
    Tony Shalhoub as Adrian Monk

5. keiko

keiko Pathologist

Yeah, I like Natalie too. she seems ok..
    I laughed so hard thru the whole last ep I thought I was going to die. I've missed Monk sooooo much :(

6. Destiny

Did you see the previews for the next ep after last week, where monk is sick in bed, and the capt, asks him.
    Capt: Whats that?
    Monk: A humidifier
    Capt: Then whats that?
    Monk: A dehumidifier
    Capt: Would that cancel each other out?
    Monk: That's the idea

:lol: OMG that was so funny, i am going to enjoy this, you can see previews on the USA/Monk website, and on the first page you can see a mini spoiler listed there, just a little one not a biggy. ;)

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Comedian Steven Wright had done a similar joke like that in his standup act years ago.
    "For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier... I put them in the same room and let them fight it out."

8. Destiny

:lol: it's funny in the strange way, it shouldn't sound like it is, but with monk using the sick tone i just started laughing so hard.

Apparently they are borrowing but its a good joke to borrow!

9. lambda_T

lambda_T CSI Level One

I actually just watched Monk for the first time this past week and it's kinda cool! :)

10. Destiny

This is the first time watching it, wait you mean not eveyone watches it :eek: *Slow deep breaths* :lol:

It's really awesome, i liked it when they had sharona on there but she is the total opposite of Natlie, it's hard to explain but i think its cool i like Natlie, but if you get the chance to see marathons or repeats i recommend it.

Course i should warn you they break up the eps, meaning they show like half of the season now until a certain date and then return with the other half in January or so, i hate that they do that drives me up the wall.

But they clean up in the ratings because those are usually the times alot of shows are on break and in repeats, and Monk is fresh new eps, sneaky little network, and it works, but i don't have to like it. :D

11. DannyFan05

DannyFan05 CSI Level One

I watched Friday's Monk and while it wasn't one of my favorites, I love when Ambrose is on. He kinda makes Monk look normal.

I can't wait to see the next episode this Friday. Monk being sick might be one of the funniest things I have seen in awhile.

12. Destiny

I hated that we didn't get to meet the father, and geez what a way to try and kill you're wife.
    If Ambrose makes Monk look normal then the world is in alot of trouble. :D

13. Jiffyjazzy

Jiffyjazzy Captain

One of my friends told me that I'm exactly like Monk, but I've never seen the show, so I'm not sure how to feel about that...I think she's referring to my OCD :rolleyes:
    Most of my friends say I'm like Monica from friends, I cook all the time, I'm anal, and I'm super competitive. I think I like the Monica analogy better :)

14. Destiny

This is the bio for the monk character from the USA Network.

Adrian Monk was once a rising star with the San Francisco Police Department, legendary for using unconventional methods and out-of-the-box thinking to solve some of the department's most baffling cases.

But after the tragic (and still unsolved) murder of his wife, a devastated Monk became obsessive-compulsive.
    Now plagued by various phobias, almost everything causes him angst: germs, heights, crowds - even milk.
    His condition eventually cost him his job, and continuously poses unique challenges as he goes about his daily life.
    He is in therapy for his condition, but signs of progress in overcoming his psychological disorder are spotty at best.

Now working as a private consultant, Monk continues to investigate various cases using his vast intelligence and unconventional approaches. However, Monk would like nothing more than to gain back his position on the force.
    Can he pull himself together and get back to solving San Francisco's toughest crimes full time?

15. DannyFan05

DannyFan05 CSI Level One

Me too. I wonder if they'll revisit that sometime in the future since he left a note for them. Is that the reason for why the guy was doing that? I didn't catch that either time I watched it. I was doing a few other things while watching and not paying full attention to it.

Yes, we would be in trouble at that point. :lol: Maybe not normal, but at least Monk leaves his house for things other than a house fire or attempted poisoning.