"Meet Market" Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 28, 2007.

1. melbel

melbel Pathologist

thanks. thinking of putting together another video for my youtube account & bolt account

2. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

maybe he was going to send the letter, but decided to sent that stick thing instead...i don't even know the point of that scene otherwise..

3. phantomscreams

phantomscreams Hit and Run

I was very impressed with this episodes main case... I really do like the Keppler character, and I hope Liev and the writers decide to revisit the character at some point in the future.

I have seen nothing of the next episode, but I've heard everything from he's a killer to he dies, and even he moves back to Jersey. I actually hope that if something does happen, it allows him to come back as a CSI and a full time cast member... the character is just so much more interesting than Grissom imho.

4. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

I agree with Adzix here. It wasn't a flashback.

About the letter ... we see him writing Sara's address, and then right in the middle of it, he just stops. Why? Has he forgotten where she lives? Or is he thinking maybe it's a bad idea, maybe he shouldn't send it?

5. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I liked it. It wasn't the best of the season, but not at all bad (I think that sweet jane was probably the weakest so far)
    I'm almost ashamed to say it, but I'm sorta starting to like Keppler...
    I still don't get why Nick was so nice to him though.
    Whenever Nick calls David Phillips superdave, my heart melts. It's downright adorable.
    The end was FREAKY.

6. ebuzz55

ebuzz55 Pathologist

I definitely think it was more of a parallel, and the reason he hesitated while addressing it will become apparent (some spoilers contain at least one possible explanation).

I was sort of :confused:... Nick usually holds on to stuff like that. It seemed to break continuity for him to let it go so soon.

7. allmaple

allmaple Judge

wait a minute, continuity? whats that? :p :lol:
    im glad nick wasnt sulky like he has been for a while. although the tension disipating into thin air is a little unsatisfying. oh well.
    i liked the episode having a little more comic relief, especially after last weeks drama. i thought it was quite good, not amazingly incredible but still nothing to complain about.
    i am really enjoying keppler and i cant wait to find out what the heck is going on with him!
    i thought grissom writing a poem for sara was sweet. at first i thought he forgot saras address when he stopped writing it, but i think hes just not sure if she will appreciate it. we know hes not good at this kind of stuff, hes trying and he doesnt want to screw up. shows he cares in his own grissomy way.

8. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

it did not look like he forgot her address, he looked worried or upset, like he knows this whole thing is a bad idea. It doesn't really matter what he wrote in the letter, because sara never got it anyway.

9. bookworm1973

bookworm1973 Dead on Arrival

Champagne and cocoons

Champagne bottles are designed to withstand a lot of pressure. Champagne, after all, has a lot of carbonation, which is why people like to celebrate with it - shake it up, pop the cork, and watch the bubbles spew. A bottle that could be broken just by knocking against a tabletop (or against someone's head) would explode before the cork was popped on New Year's Eve. (Bottles would often explode spontaneously back in the 1700s.)

On another note - does anyone recognize the type of cocoon Grissom sent Sara? I'm no moth expert. (And a chrysalis might have been more appropriate - hearkening back to Butterflied)

10. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Re: Champagne and cocoons

I liked this episode. I don't think it was the best one they've done all year or anything, but it was good - it was one I could rewatch and enjoy. I did think it odd that Nick was so polite to Keppler after last week, but Nick is still a gentlemanly guy - it'd be interesting to see him around Catherine and how he reacts then. Agree that actually watching Warrick work a case is all too rare a phenomenon. It'd be nice to see more of Greg - I hope that his storyline with the suit won't get cut or anything like that. Catherine wasn't so much in this one - and, hang it all, even after every stupid storyline and WTF characterization they've done to her, I still like seeing MH on my TV screen.

But it was lovely to see Sara working her CSI-mojo after so long - since when has she basically ran with a case, as opposed to assisting or showing up for a minute somewhere? I too thought she'd gotten her "Lady Heather" moment when Jesse appeared on the scene, especially between the hand-holding and the champagne and the roses and the "I'm selling a needed service for the good of the masses" schtick; too bad they didn't run with that idea. Not that I'd think Sara would be tempted to cheat on Gris for a single moment! But if Jesse had just been more self-assured and sexy and eerily perceptive... and, y'know, weren't a filthy murderer... it would have set up a nice parallel to Grissom. I'm just saying.

How nice to see Grissom in this episode! And how nice to realize that he'd ditched the Deliverance II beard! That letter - PERFECT. Perfect in characterization, and perfect in execution - kudos once again, CSI! Although I pity those who made the supreme sacrifice of watching the whole thing over and over in slow-motion high-definition to make sure they got every nuance of the letter; I'm sure it was painful in every respect....

Enjoying all the bits and pieces of interpretation of that scene - not sure I know where I weigh in on it just yet. I rather think that it was meant to show that Gil is thinking about how much he needs Sara at the same moment that Sara, clear across the country, is wondering just how much Gil is willing to let her into his life. In that sense, the letter is like an invitation into his life, and while Sara has been able to call it into being she remains unaware that she is capable of doing so and therefore doubts herself and the strength of her relationship. And because we're still not sure whether or not he sent it, in a sense we can share in (or at least sympathize with) Sara's perception of being unsure and pessamistic about where her future with Gil is heading.

And when you add to this the whole idea of the chrysalis, tying back to "Butterflied", and the notion that this sabbatical is a chrysalis for Gil (and maybe for Sara as well), and the fact that the song playing is called "Metamorphosis II", especially since both Gil and Sara really have undergone a previous metamorphosis with his hearing loss arc and her childhood-issues-instigating promotion arc... the level of depth in this scene is just... it overwhelms me. I expect this level of text and subtext and symbolism and depth when I read a good book... but not from television. This whole storyline with Gil and Sara - it's literature, pure literature.

I know I end every post squeeing about how amazing this season is - but I swear, lately I've been tempted to upgrade the quality of this show to sheer art. I had a feeling this would be a watershed year for CSI way back before the season started... call it a sixth sense, if you will... but in no way did I ever think that TPTB were capable of this. And for some reason, I have a feeling that this is nothing compared to what they'll accomplish by the season finale. Man, my insides squeeze in anticipation just thinking about what's left....

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I just re-watched this, from a new perspective, fast-forwarding the annoying commercials, and I did like this ep. although, I still don't care this Keppler character :( the whole cast is so riveting and so special, especially the scenes with him and Nick, who's so powerful, so honest and so sensitve not to mention so handsome, and he's always uo-front, with his thoughts, when the camera was on him. exciting, and when it cut to Keppler, dull, YAWN-YAWN, he drags down the scene, mumbles and has a montone voice, and has a sinister persona , that is suspicious. He, to me just doesn't fit into this SHOW, the rest were all awesome, as usual, he's jus plain boring, the story creepy :( can't wait for the "real" team to be back together ;)

12. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I actually have a feeling it may be a butterfly larvae (caccoon) since they said it was a reference to Butterflied.

13. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

Right on! I'm sure they'll come up with something great this year -something in the range of Tarantino's finale :cool:

14. gregsandersfan

gregsandersfan Pathologist

Why would they make all those butterfly references anyway? The person who was originally all about the butterflies was the murder victim who just looked like Sara, not Sara herself. So Grissom still connects her with that?

15. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

The thing about the letter, it was a bit OOC for Grissom...that is, it was OOC for the logical cool-headed scientist that he's been for the first six seasons.
    But now he's in love, or at least as close to it as he's ever been before - on the show - and bam, he's going to be behaving that bit differently because this is new/unexpected to him.

Count me in as somebody who likes Keppler and wouldn't mind if he stuck around. (maybe Cath could transfer to day shift/off the show and Keppler could stick around!)

I'm a little surprized there wasn't more tension this episode. Granted the biggest tension was likely to come from Nick/Cath, and they had no screen time together. I'd hate it if it was all just brushed under the carpet and never mentioned again.