"Living Legend" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 19, 2006.

1. drummergurll

drummergurll Police Officer

loved it....doc was great and i really enjoyed cath's role and her sticking up for sam...i did have the disguise thing figured out right off the bat, but it still was fun to watch the team struggle....and the final scene with cath and mickey was really good...i like how she winked at him before she left...and also how sam protected her....

2. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

My second favourite ep. behind Rashomama

This one was class.........first disguise looked phony so gave away the plot and it blatantly looked like Daltrey anyway.

Loved to see the Doc kick some ass.........and the Greg/Hodges thing was funny.....

Nice to see Archie again as well

3. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Doc Robbins was made of win.

I thought the disguises were patently, painfully fake, and I was surprised that no one cottoned on before Grissom's "Eureka" moment. The first was particularly bad. Yow.

Dear Catherine,

Stop being a hypocrite. You hurled Sam Braun's mob ties at him every chance you got, and he didn't exactly deny them. You treated your father like crap when he was alive, so I don't buy your attempt to be the vanguard of his sainted memory now.

Eat me,

La Guera

On a related note, as Sam Braun's only living and free heir, would she inherit the totality of his estate, or would it be divided between her and the incarcerated son?

4. FedUpWithMiami

FedUpWithMiami Civilian

What a brilliant episode.
    The fact that Roger Daltry played the role of the Who Are You man simply shows the depth and thought that goes in to the CSi writing rather than the woefully poor Miami.
    I suspect the writers have been waiting years to tie up the theme tune with a case and who better than someone from The Who to play it..:)

The rest of the episode was just full of suprises and content.
    Ok, the disguises were obviously fake straight from the outset, and the names used by 'Johnny' too, but it added to suspense that whilst it may have been obvious for the viewer, it would have been far less so in the setting the CSi's are in.

Revelations about Catherines' past. Doc turning showing that he is far from unable to handle himself in any situation and Catherines defensive posture with Greg after his fopar whilst examining the car.

So much was packed in to this episode it felt that it went on for far longer than the actual 40 minutes.

Certainly one of the best ever episodes.

5. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

- Roger Daltrey's still got it, baby...

- Do. Not. EVER. (bleep) with Doc Robbins. Especially when he has his cane in hand. GeezerStud of the year.

- This more-screentime-for-Archie thing is making me a happy, happy girl...

- I agree with all who adored the goggles-down-the-nose look on Greg. He rocked it.

- "Now we know how Dunn done died..." :lol:

- Best. Line. EVAH.

Archie: You watch slasher flicks?
    Catherine: With Lindsey, I do. They always get the spatter wrong.

Seriously fell off the couch laughing...

- The very end twist with the bullet having been removed was nice.

- Not only Roger...but Barbara Bain? Anyone else a fan of the original "Mission: Impossible" TV series from the 60's, or am I the only one that old? :lol:

- Poor Hodges - can't impress Grissom for love nor money...

Bummer that next week's a rerun, but 'tis the season - plus at least it's an ep I liked. The December 7 preview looked intriguing, though!

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

what is funny...is that CSI is more violent than Friday the 13th ;) The first movie is just a psychological thriller mostly.

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i agree with you FedUpWithMiami 100%. it was a great episode, like i said before. The flashbacks were a piece of art if you ask me.

the young Mickey Dunn was veeery creepy, especially when he was smashing the head of that cop agaist the ground. he looked seriously insane at that moment, and i felt i was watching one of the real horror movies.

Catherine and her flashbacks, just, wow. all i have to say. they casted a great young actress to play her, and i believed it's really Catherine. what i would completely love to see in the future is this kind of flashbacks but of some other people on the team. i'd give away my right hand to see a 30 year old Grissom, lol. well, i've seen a 30 year old Billy Petersen which is absolutely yummy, but you know what i mean.

the case had its twists and turns and it actually felt a bit like Colombo, lol. WE know who the perp is, or maybe what is his technique, but the CSI's don't, and we look at the way they solve it without this extra information we have.

i completely agree with you FedUp that CSI's had a lot harder job to figure out it was characterization than us. they had just some crappy quality pictures/videos and i don't know if i would figure it out in those circumstances. but the episode, although showed us more than CSI knew, still had its surprises.

usually when the plot is complicated, like yesterday, we tend to rate the episode lower. this time though, was different, and in the end everything was exactly explained, solved and clear.

i'm radically spoiler-free so i didn't know how the guest star is going to look like, nor did i see the promos. i completely didn't know what is the episode going to be about, but the first moment i saw the singing guy, i was asking myself "what's up with his face?". later on, i was surprised that he was the one to be the killer and that they showed us the actual moment of the crime giving away the face of the perp. but then it hit me. i remember one of the Agatha Christy's crime novels, with Hercules Poirot (i absolutely love the guy, lol), and there was one case that involved a woman-perp who tried to draw everybody's attention in one place so people would remember her if Poirot later came to ask if anybody seen her. so it was a classic criminal Agatha Christy moment right there, and the time when i saw the black woman, confirmed my suspicions, i knew what was going on.

so IMO this episode can be interpreted as a bow towards the biggest detectives of all time, Colombo and Poirot ;)

oh and about the dental records, i don't think they keep the data longer than 20 years.

8. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Oh what a disappointment. I am *very* surprised to say!!!

The plots are getting predictible. Roger was obvious under the desperately fake makeup. Having him sing at the start of the show doing the karaoki was just so obvious - gave you time to check the eyes. He is very identifiable and I am *not* a Who fan or anything, he is just a legend indeed, like Mick Jagger would be hard to hide. Daltry's eyes are close together, deep sunken and he has a big nose! Bless.
    Really good actor though! I was impressed by his preformance.

I kept thinking come on you lot, realise it is all the same person... come on. Also how readiculous to have Grissom measuring the eye separation on printouts of video. Yeah, like they are going to be to the same scale.... I don't usual care about fuzzing the lines to more the plot along, only if it is abit *too* unlikely. It stops the fantacy. Do they not have *any* scientists checking it over?

Lovely idea having Daltry in it, lovely idea having him play several roles, just not well.directed I think.

I hope this is not a trend. The last three episodes have been abit obvious. I hope they are just building up to better.

I have to say I thought Burn Out was one of their best ever!
    So well worked and brillantly acted and even though you guessed it was him, so did the police and CSIs. You were just left wondering if they were going to add a twist.

Summary: great idea, just not put together well.

I have another week to wait until next CSI injection!!!! Don't feel satisfied this week!!!

9. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

Dark and freaky CSI episodes usually end up in my favorites list, but I'll make an exception for this one. There were lots of light moments in the episode, the forensics were simple but I thought the episode was well thought of and it held my interest all throughout. I was also impressed with Roger Daltrey's acting.

And yay for Archie and Doc. :D

10. assumenothing

assumenothing Rookie

I'm very, very, happy with this episode. I just hope they keep it up next episode, and for the rest of the season! This season has been very good so far. It's almost back to the way it used to be, only a little more evolved, which is good.

Loved that episode. Loved seeing Greg and Warrick again. Writers- keep up the good work!

11. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

Sorry im so late putting my two cents in but I wasnt even home yesterday till late!
    I LOVED this episode! Roger Daltrey was really good. And Catherine was SO gorgeous when she was young...and she still is :D Mickey Dunn kept me guessing till the very end. Im kinda bummed theres a re run next week but oh well :)
    Greg was AMAZING as usual. I love the way that man dresses, he rocks everything he wears like no one else~ :D
    And I actually am very pleased with the writers this week- no gag inducing scenes and Warrick actually had a substantial role! :) I hope they keep up the good streak! Overall, i give this episode a 9 out of 10 :)

12. edog

edog Lab Technician

I really, really enjoyed this episode. The cast was great, as usual. I thought the episode flowed from scene, to flashback, to scene again very nicely. Brass = Hilarious. 'Nuff said on that.

Just to put in my two cents on Daltry's disguises. The man wanted to get caught. He wasn't a professional make up artist or performer or actor or whatever. Mickey was just a disgruntled mob guy who was outsmarted by his crew and he was looking for revenge. And he got it. I don't think the writers were trying to "fool" us or "trick" us with those lame brain disguises. It's fairly clear how crappy they were.

I think the only thing that really bothered me about it was that Grissom and the team didn't notice it. If you were upset about that aspect, then yeah, I agree with you 100%. If we could see it from the beginning, then surely Sara and Archie could see it on their fancy tv screens.

All I know is, I knew it was Daltry from the start. It was just a matter of who he really was (Johnny or Mickey) under that make up. Honestly, up until Brass found Johnny in the oven, I thought Johnny was the killer.

13. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

Wow. Best episode in a long time.

The case was amazing and we got to see a little bit of everyone! What more could we want? well i guess there's always more but thats that.

Brass! "We go yeaaa! Then the car goes vroooom, then it goes bam!" Or something like that! That was hilarious!

Doc Robbins and the Paparazzi was the best part! He was like mr. miyagi with a cane!

14. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I so agree with you. I thought I was the only one who thought that way. Catherine was a tad rude to Greg when she chastized him for his remarks regarding old-time mobsters. He didn't mean to be disrespectful. He was only referring to Lois O'Neil's book. But I guess the episode isn't complete unless one of the character's disses Greg in some way, shape or form.

15. Dardeile

Dardeile CSI Level One

Well, I don't want to defend her, oh something..But you know, sometimes you don't realize what you have until you lose it. ;)
    Probably it's the guilt she feels towards her father that make her act like this sort of white knight in shining armour.