"Let's Make a Deal" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

The CSI team investigates a murder at Clark County jail after an inmate stumbles upon a body while running away from officers.
    “Let’s Make a Deal” was directed by Co-Producer Brad Tanenbaum, whose 23 previous credits include this season’s “The Book of Shadows”. Co-Executive Producer Elizabeth Devine wrote the episode, which marks her nineteenth credit for CSI; she previously penned “Uninvited” during season fourteen.
    The following guest stars will appear in the episode:
    Marc Vann as Conrad Ecklie
    Derek Webster as FBI Agent Parker
    Larry Mitchell as Officer Mitchell
    Grant Harvey as Pete McCrone
    Ryan Devlin as Det. Carl Brenner
    Rich Ceraulo as Officer Elliot Woo
    Anthony “Treach” Criss as Lincoln Mayfield
    Charles Baker as Denny Morrison
    David Dean Bottrell as Bruce Grady
    Jeremiah Birkett as Wilbur Tandy
    Bryan Friday as Prison Guard
    Nolan Gross as 9 Year Old Pete

2. Smokey

Great to see an episode that doesn't forget the previously addressed character issues, and especially to see it so well done. Well written, believable, and well-acted by George Eads.

Now...why does Morgan just aim her camera at things and snap away pictures without even looking through the lens?? That was weird.

3. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I actually thought it was a pretty good episode. Real nice twist at the end.

And I was happy and surprised they mentioned what happened to Nick when he was 9 - that scene was well played by George. Loved the interaction between Nick and DB.

4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

To me, easily the best episode of the season! :thumbsup:

Yes, they showed the killer early on but for once they didn't make it obvious in the first 5 minutes who it was. He was just another inmate in the wrong place who happened to get punched by an inmate freaking out over a needle.

As for the "young" detective - I wanted to shoot him! He was a little too happy, a little to into himself, and the business card! :rolleyes: It's a no wonder the FBI took an interest in him.

The end - Perfect! They did make it kinda a little to obvious what was coming with this guys molestation happening when he was 9 since Nick's happened when he was 9. But I'm just happy that there's still a writer there that not only remembers this little tidbit of Nick's background but remembered that Catherine was the only one who knew about it. It was writen perfectly and played perfectly by George Eads and Ted Danson. And I thank them for bringing back a characteristic of Nick that has been missed lately - that Nicky does get emotional over cases.

I believe that the first one's she took were what they call "overalls" and they're just point-and-shoot to get overall pictures of the possible crime scene. Then they take individual shots of the possible evidence. These days the camera's are digital and you don't have to look through a lense to see what the picture is of because of the screen on the back of the camera.

Susan

5. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

I only saw the last five minutes but...WOW! :eek:

That is the reason I like George Eads.

I've been waiting 13 years for some real mention of Overload.

Now maybe Russell gets why Nick is so empathetic.

It sure seemed like heading for an exit for George/Nick so the writers must have known about his decision when they wrote this.

I said before that I could live with Nick being injured and going back to Texas to recuperate or Catherine taking him back to Quantico but now I'm thinking he may get out of law enforcement all together (unless he becomes the Sheriff of a small town where there's very little crime) and become a full time toy maker. (I still love that that was his hobby) :lol:

6. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

One of the best episodes I've ever seen. I really like the continuation of what happened to Nick; though I don't think he fully opened up to D.B. about his molestation as he did to Catherine. The closest that I remember him trying to open up was to the guy who was raped by his girlfriend's brother years ago. I thought for sure that Nick was going to break down in that locker room. Maybe he did but we just didn't see it. I wish he would.

A 8.5 not bad yet not the best.

7. Smokey

I think if he had broken down completely it would have been too reminiscent of the scene at the end of "Turn, Turn, Turn" in the locker room with Ray. This was different because it was personal, and I think it was true to character that Nick would be more reserved about it. That's what I loved about it. It was subtle, I'm sure DB got it, and it didn't stray into soap opera or fanfic territory.

8. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

I agree Smokey.It's not in his nature to go in to a lot of detail.He didn't even give too much information to Catherine.Do we even know if his molester was male or female? When he said Pete's life was ruined years ago was he actually talking about himself?

9. Smokey

Somehow, even after what happened to him, I don't think Nick considers his own life ruined by it.

Nick's molester was female. He told Catherine, "She was a last minute babysitter".

10. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

I was thinking more of his relationships.As bad as they turned out both Warrick and Sara committed to others.Nick has never even hinted at being in a long term relationship let alone ready to get married.I thought DB was perfect in that scene.He knew not to push but also made himself available if needed.

11. babydoll

babydoll Victim

I just watched Sunday's ep. I loved it. I was under the impression that GE didn't want to touch on his babysitter storyline ever again because he was afraid it demasculinised his character, which I always thought was a real shame because I felt it added a great amount of depth to his character. Tonight I was proved right, I was proved that GE can really act and connect with viewers, the moment we discovered the suspect was the molested victim I thought of Nick and desperately hoped they didn't ignore the connection - I was actually quite moved and very impressed with the scene - and it was actually very sad, because, as Nick quite rightly pointed out, the suspect's life was ruined the moment he was molested, and the course of unlikely events that resulted in him finding himself in a position where he was compelled to murder his abuser... is entirely tragic and tugged at my heart strings tonight - because it's a very real and quite frequent outcome for abuse victims. Very sad. Just felt like sharing,

12. Rena

Rena Rookie

I agree with you, guys. I thought it was the best episode of the season so far. Well acted, well scripted, and a very good twist at the end. Thumbs up! :thumbsup: