House #3: Everybody Lies

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by sandersidle, Sep 26, 2008.

?

New thread title?

Poll closed Oct 3, 2008.
  1. House #3: Humorous Outrageous Unkind Sarcastic Ego...but we love him.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. House #3: A lowly infectious diseases guy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. House #3: They Call Me "The Cane"

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. House #3: No more mister Nice Guy

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. House #3: Finally lupus

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. House #3: Read less, more tv

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  7. House #3: There's no "I" in "team"

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  8. House #3: Patients always lie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. House #3: Everybody Lies

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Last nights episode was good and it actually felt like a hostage situation, well at least until House had the gun and then again after the guy got the gun back. I was beginning to think there was going to be more bloodshed. It did show that House will not stop until he finds out what is wrong--he HAS to slove the puzzle. As it showed at the end when he found the man could now breathe. And he did it almost at Thirteens expense, which I think he truely was concerned for her. And what is with Chase not even staying, Forman wouldn't help but that was after House had the gun so that makes sense because then the situation was different in that House could have stopped the whole thing.

2. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Why does House have to be such an idiot? Cuddy was practically throwing herself at him! House is so infuriating sometimes.

Anyway, pretty good episode. The case was so-so, but the background drama was great. Loved the whole House/Cuddy sharing an office thing. Well, except for the end.

Poor Kutner. I did think that thing with the girl at the end was kind of random. Would House really go through all that trouble? Sometimes it seems like the show goes way out of its way to be surprising sometimes.

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I enjoyed this episode for once. We need more Wilson though and less 13. Loved how House set up Kutner and Taub!

4. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

i couldn't agree more. who doesn't love wilson? i know i do. 13 gets annoying after a while.

5. Amanda_Ruth

Amanda_Ruth Witness

I actually quite like Thirteen (Remy, whatever). She's got a great dynamic to her, and I love that about a character. Some characters are so flat and static, it makes me want to fall asleep.

However, on the topic of Wilson... *runs into a brick wall* I need to pay more attention to where I'm walking when he's on the screen and I decide to get some form of munchies. I fell over one of our many cat trees a couple weeks ago. He's probably my favorite character of all of them (though I still think he had a moment of pure stupidity where Amber is concerned, but that's just my opinion).

I know, my first post in this thread, but I got super excited about tonight's episode. You have to wonder why certain ships are canonized first, y'know? But I couldn't be happier about tonight's episode. Not even a little bit.

6. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I was kind of disappointed in House's and Cuddy's last scene. The look on House's face seemed to say "It's over because she's found a baby to love and doesn't need me, now." :( I just wish he'd hugged her or kissed her on the cheek, to remind her he cares. After all, it's Christmas (and Hannukah - Lisa Edelstein's Jewish, so maybe Cuddy is, too) Poor House. But, I think we're looking at despair again for Cuddy: newborns are the most desired age group for adoption. Right or wrong, no adoption agency is going to give a newborn placed with them to a single parent when there are qualified couples out there. :( Too bad the teenage girl and her parents couldn't have done some legal paperwork to get the baby to Cuddy. But she's way too cool to have even brought up that issue while the girl was dying.

Boy, do I get overly-involved with my favorite characters or what! :lol:

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^I found weird that the baby's grandparents weren't going to take care of her, even more with their teenager daughter dying, but good for Cuddy.

I missed so much the clinic cases, they're always hilarious, the girl asking if she could get pregnant by sitting in a toilet and the inhaler woman, they really gave House a pretty bad time trying to be nice. :lol:

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Hugh Laurie will be hosting "Saturday Night Live" this weekend (Dec. 13th), with musical guest Kanye West. Just incase folks didn't know or might forget. :)

9. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Yes! I remember seeing him on a few years ago and he was hilarious. He sang the protest song. I was like :lol:.

I enjoyed the Christmas ep. It felt more like the House episodes I'm used to. The case was really interesting and I didn't see the ending coming.

My favorite line was this:

Dr. Wilson: Of all the ways to mess with people, why give yourself an imaginary present?
    House: Have you checked the prices for fireman strippers recently?
    Dr. Wilson: Yes.

Wilson's face was perfect. I was cracking up. :lol:

10. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

i'm glad i watched it before i came on, that part was just priceless. i almost doubled over.

11. Amanda_Ruth

Amanda_Ruth Witness

Any of the scenes with House and Wilson are amazing. I've got a few in my Facebook profile, because they were so funny I needed to share them with the world (or at least the friends I have). All the relationships on House have a comical dynamic to them (Taub and Kutner's secret business, anybody?). My friend and I actually goof around, and I pretend to be Cuddy, and he, House. He actually went as him for Halloween last year, and used Tic Tacs to act as his 'Vicodin'. It was bloody hilarious!

I think my favorite scene between House and Wilson is from season... two, I believe. I'd ask my friend, but he's in his finals crunch (which I should be studying for as well, but forums are too much fun):

Wilson: You dosed me.
    House: Yes, I did. But only because you didn't trust me. Your best friend.
    Wilson: You could've killed me!
    House: Amphetamines aren't gonna kill you.
    Wilson: You don't know my medical history! I-I-I could've... You could've given me a heart attack.
    House: A heart attack is not gonna kill you, you were in a hospital.
    Wilson: *yawns*
    House: AHA! You yawned!
    Wilson: *through yawn* AHA! You tried to kill me!
    House: I put you on uppers, and you still yawned. It means it's a symptom... of being a big fat liar. Yawning is a side effect of some antidepressants, apparently the ones you're on.
    Wilson: I'm not on antidepressants, I'm on SPEED!
    House: That means it's a symptom of the cerebral tumor. You've got six weeks to live. Mr. Well Adjusted is just as messed up as the rest of us. Why did you keep that a secret? Are you ashamed of recognizing how pathetic your life is?
    Wilson: It's not a secret! House, it's, it's... it's personal.
    House: How long has it been personal?
    Wilson: It's personal.
    House: Yawning's recent so either you just started or you changed prescriptions.
    Wilson: This is why I take them.
    House: They're anti-depressants, not anti-annoyanceants. You'd think this would naturally come up in conversation -
    Wilson: Oh, don't act hurt! You don't care.
    House: -on one of those occasions where you're pompously lecturing me on what to do to fix my life.
    Wilson: You wouldn't take them! You'd rather OD on Vicodin or stick electrodes in your head because you could say you did it to get high! The only reason to take antidepressants is because you're depressed. You'd have to admit that you're depressed.
    House: Gimme.
    Wilson: Are you gonna admit that -
    House: Nope. I'm gonna prove that I'm not depressed.
    Wilson: Well I can't give you my prescription. You've gotta meet with a psychiatrist. You need a whole work up. Gimme a Vicodin so I don't stroke. *goes to drink from random coffee mug*
    House: I wouldn't drink that... my leg hurt and I... *waves it off*

I know it's a bit long, but I couldn't find a good place to cut it off, so I just put the entire scene o_O

12. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I have a small Christmas present for Huddy fans.

I was watching the Huddy kiss clip on youtube, and I noticed that someome commented that you could hear Cuddy say "I love you" right as they break off the kiss. I went to the right section, blasted the volume and sure enough...she really does say it! You can hear it pretty cleary when you're listening for it.

Maybe you guys noticed this already, but if you didn't, here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpzzQrkYlc0&feature=related

Go to 2.01 in the clip and blast the volume. It's amazing.

~Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

13. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Oh I think that was just a whisper that sounded like "I love you" but I'm not sure. We'll see when the transcipts are online.

14. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

My mom introduced me to this over Christmas. Liked it. I like well placed sarcasm and this was good. Might have to start watching it.

15. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

I watched Stuart Little yesterday
    With Hugh Laurie, he is so nice in that movie - it's confusing :D