Horatio & Yelina #5 ~ How Can I Not Love You?~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Ok I'm gonna say 'Sexes and Taxes' too. Cable is showing re-runs of s3.

Count down song #6 'Home' by Daughtry.
    I'm staring out into the night,
    Trying to hide the pain.
    I'm going to the place where love
    And feeling good don't ever cost a thing.
    And the pain you feel's a different kind of pain.

Well I'm going home,
    Back to the place where I belong,
    And where your love has always been enough for me.
    I'm not running from.
    No, I think you got me all wrong.
    I don't regret this life I chose for me.
    But these places and these faces are getting old,
    So I'm going home.
    Well I'm going home.

The miles are getting longer, it seems,
    The closer I get to you.
    I've not always been the best man or friend for you.
    But your love, it makes true.
    And I don't know why.
    You always seem to give me another try.

So I'm going home,
    I'm not running from.
    But these places and these faces are getting old,
    So I'm going home.
    I'm going home.

Be careful what you wish for,
    'Cause you just might get it all.
    You just might get it all,
    And then some you don't want.
    Be careful what you wish for,
    'Cause you just might get it all.
    You just might get it all, yeah.

Oh, well I'm going home,
    I'm not running from.
    But these places and these faces are getting old.
    I said these places and these faces are getting old,
    So I'm going home.
    I'm going home.

It's time H put aside his self-imposed barriers and confess his feelings for Y. The lyrics of this song seem very apt for H at this moment, if only he'd act on his feelings cos we know Y has always been the one more open with her feelings for him.

I tend to agree with that but they've got GSR on LV and I don't think LV is ending its run soon. So getting H/Y together now didn't seem that implausable to me. I think if they get H/Y together there's still plenty of things for them to explore as a couple given their interesting pasts. And like Kit said they've dragged this for a long time so if tptb decide to drag this further I fear they may come up with silly storyarcs to keep them apart.

Yikes that thought is too depressing for me. :( The worst case scenario is getting them together at the end of the shows' run. I'd rather that than not. I mean they must have killed off Ray Sr and Marisol so quickly for some reason. Well at least that was my thinking till this EC spoiler.

I just watched s3 premiere of NY and there was that bedroom scene between Mac and Peyton and then the ending scene where they kissed. I mean my impression of Mac Taylor is that he's a a private and guarded guy compared to H, if tptb allow those scenes on NY I sincerely hope to see something to that effect on Miami between H and Y. (Hope I'm not off topic here)

Ok maybe I'm just in a depressed kinda mood. I desperately want May to be here already... I need some spoilers or some inkling of what direction tptb are taking with H/Y. But no matter what I'll always be a H/Y fan, hopefully tptb don't let us down.

Sorry for the very long post. I'll end off here. Had some time on my hands so updated my fic again.
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1142566&Main=1083198#Post1142566

2. silk

silk Prime Suspect

So we've done the 'how will they bring Y back into H's life' thing. Now, let's suppose that they are together. Married. Living in (gasp, o the shame of it all) sin, seeing each other exclusively, whatever you want. Now what. What direction do you see the couple going in?

Personally, I could see them getting together and being reasonably happy (is that possible for longer than 3 seconds on a CSI show?) and then I can see Suzie dying of an overdose, car accident, whatever and now the question of what happens to Madison comes into play. It was fairly apparent that Suzie did not have any other family to help her when she needed it before so that would leave H. I can see that he would want to take care of her, but would Y be magnanamous and accept her into their little family or would this create a huge conflict between H/Y that could split them up? (I love 'what if's'. Does it show?) Would love to see what the rest of you come up with. As much as I would love to see some new spoilers or better yet, the real deal, I am sooo enjoying the way we've been passing the time of late. You guys are fun to play with. Never thought I'd say that at almost 50 years old.

3. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Well I think both of them would be extremely happy. (I would!) And I certainly hope that Yelina will go to MDPD again so she can work together with H.

If anything would happen to Suzie I don't think Yelina would have a real issue with Madison staying with her and H. Maybe in the beginning she would but she would come around eventually :)

Horatio's Plane Plunges Into the Everglades on "CSI: Miami". Monday, May 14

Sounds really really incredible and I have high hopes Yelina might be in this one. How ridiculous and unbelievable would it be if she isn't??

4. lieueitak

lieueitak Hit and Run

And isn't that way annoying? They completely disrupt a good storyline to "try something new" and send Yelina to Brazil. But then, they never even really explore this new dynamic before wanting to go back to the old ways and killing Ray Sr. and Marisol. And then, as if that weren't lame enough, LOL, the writers still ignore Yelina. It's like they work so hard to force these events to happen, but then don't even try to write the fall out of those situations.

I sort of agree with that, but I think there would be definite problems with Yelina accepting Madison into their lives like that. I mean it's one thing to know that the person exists, but it's quite another to be faced with seeing the product of your husband's infidelity on a day to day basis. I would think that'd be very difficult for her.

But I don't think the writers will go in that direction because I see them getting far more mileage from the story with Suzie being alive than dead. :)

I agree. It would be totally messed up if she weren't in the episode. Quite frankly, I'd find that oversight to be rather unforgivable. *nods*

5. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Who were the people again who email Correy Miller and Sofia Milos? Could you ask if Yelina will be in the finale?

According to the people who have access to some sides, there's no immediate sign of Yelina which is really disappointing :'(

6. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Hey guys, busy day for me, sorry for the delay. Just a late confirmation that Sex and Taxes is correct! :D

Corey has been keeping his cards close to his chest lately and giving very little away. I think he is under strict instructions not to divulge spoilers.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon. :)

I have needed 3 essential things whilst being an H/Y fan:

1) Endless patience.
    2) A sense of continued hope. Never give up hope.
    3) Finding another fandom that also rocks my socks! ;)

7. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Luce I think point 1 and 2 are possible but not point number 3 for me. Whatever's on tv just isn't as good as H/Y for me.

OMG Kit the spoiler sounds just like how s5 will end off. Us not knowing H's fate. *snickers* That kinda sounds alot like my fic right now... Maybe I'm getting a taste of my owm medicine. Sorry off topic. It would make sense not for Y to be in the season finale. But it would set up the perfect scenario for her to re-appear in the s6 premiere. Her anxiously awaiting news of H. But of course we know H will be ok cos well Miami can't move on without H. Maybe the H's life in peril thing is the very thing H/Y needs to give them the push towards each other? But the spoiler does sound very like Miami's writers. To end off s5 with a cliffhanger.

As to what direction I'd like to see H/Y, more of a picture of domesticity (is there such a word?). I mean those 2 have been through enough I'd like them to have a break for once and live happily ever after. But knowing TV land that sounds impossible. Maybe throw in Stetler into the mix, that'll be fun.

Personally I don't like the Suzie dying and Madison coming to live with them idea. But I can see how they can add conflict to H/Y. Maybe the writers will explore that.

8. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

*eyes pop out* :eek: That sounds incredable! Perfect way to end a season...but nobody will die of course. Hopefully.

9. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

hehe a lot busy night have in this thread, love to read so many interesting posts. ;)

and back to the topic, for this spoilers S5 final, hummm...H is H he will be Ok in the end...hope this info to be slightly sign that Yelina can be involve more in S6 .... but even this to make 100 % logic for us, did tptb think the same way ?! :rolleyes: till then i`ll stay 'cautiously optimistic' or ‘hope for the best while expecting the worst’ ;)

Kit4na for now i don`t have any news from SM. and all my questions was connected only with epi 22 - re what will be her job like PI. if i got e-mail replay will ask again for her future plans in CSI Miami. but so far now my knowledge give me impression that tptb don`t think a lot for the future. for me this monsters still don`t know what will do in S6 ... till then have a lot time, so we only need to be patience. also all this spoilers web side that i know for now don`t have any news for Yeilna :( *sigh*

Hrockz in this tv land have some very good tv show. as like MD said once: "Such a shame that the gulf in the quality of writing between a show like BSG and Miami is deeper than the Grand Canyon these days." for me tptb have to work more harder, befor they win me like fan again. ok i agree that H/Y are very special for me, but this is not enough to keep my attention on CSI Miami. hope u got what i have in mind ;)

10. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

1 & 2: yeah okay
    3: No way! I mean I watch other shows like 24,House, Prison Break etc they all have a very cool ship in them BUT nothing comes even close to my H/Y :devil:

Would the writers dare to not involve Yelina when something happens to H? If they do they'll lose some of my respect :(

11. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Yes it would be absolutely ridiculous not to involve Y if something happened to H. Especially after the upcoming episode we will find out that Y is in Miami. So it doesn't make sense not to go to Y if H is missing or feared dead after the crash. But of course we all know he won't die. Y and Ray Jr are afterall his only family left.

It's 100% logical to us Pusher for Y to be s6 premiere, just like to me when at the end of s4 H said "We're going to Brazil" I knew instantly Y will be in s5 premiere even before I found this forum. So if they're crashing the plane H is on, I'm think Y has at the very least to be in s6's premiere. But I wil remain cautiously optimistic till then.

Pusher I understand what you're getting at. But for me like, Kit said nothing comes close to H/Y. And because of that and also because of DC's Horatio, Miami will always have my attention.

12. Lucy

Please bear with me during this post, as I am going to stray slightly off topic, but it is still relevant. ;) I used to think that too Hrockz. That is until I was introduced to BSG. There is a character dynamic on that show - between Admiral Bill Adama and President Laura Roslin that is nothing short of amazing to me. I really can't recommend it highly enough and it is interesting that other H/Y fans here find BSG (and the Adama/Roslin relationship) so appealing. :)

I adore H/Y and have done so for several years (since I saw my very first Yelina episode). However, since being severly let down by the writers, I wasn't prepared to just wait around endlessly hoping that the writers would come to their senses. Therefore, the void needed to be filled with something new (there is only so much one can say and think about seasons 1-3 of Miami), and it has been more than filled by another show where the writers actually respect the audience and believe in rewarding them (Ann D, take note). After the last two dire years of Miami (just my opinion, but it is currently a very poor TV show), it has been so refreshing and hugely enjoyable. The Miami writers need to win me back again and then some.
    Thanks for the reminder of MD's wonderful analogy here. I couldn't agree more. ;)
    I think I have covered your first point, but re your second point, I am no longer much of a fan of DC's Horatio. He has changed a little too much for my liking. I find the whole show very contrived and superficial right now, but I do think that if Yelina (who technically isn't family anymore as Ray is dead) and Ray Jnr (and possibly Suzie and Maddy) were involved in the show again, we could see a return to the dynamics that I enjoyed so much in the first 3 seasons. I feel that this would effect Horatio's character in a positive sense and we would begin to see the real him again.

As always, we can agree to disagree. ;) We are all united in our support of H/Y so that is the important thing here. I just wanted to clarify a couple of points from my perspective. :)

13. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Luce, I agree with you 110% and I could, infact, quote your entire post, but I think you get my point. ;) I also feel that it is possible to remain a big fan of several relationships/dynamics from different shows and enjoy them equally. I have to say that Adama/Roslin also have me totally hooked (MM and EJO so rock!), and H/Y will always be very special. I just hope that we have something more to look forward to on that score. Corey says we will, but these writers change their minds, as we know. Is he just saying that to keep us watching? I sincerely hope not.

14. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

After a year without Yelina we deserve some H/Y moments. And I think it would be a very unwise choice of action if they didn't include her when Horatio gets injured and possibly is in the hospital..

Owh yeah what's BSG again? I think I might give it a shot. I wanne see why so many H/Y fans also love BSG :p

By the way who has to post the next pic? :)

15. Lucy

Agreed, and it very much depends on how well the writers develop a storyarc as to which dynamics work the best. Plus the natural chemistry and the quality of acting of course. Both Mary McDonnell/Edward James Olmos and DC/SM are wonderful together on screen. H/Y had such potential, and hopefully we will be rewarded, but my faith in the writers is still on very unstable ground.
    I've often wondered that too. Corey is never very convincing, but I suppose he can't give too much away.

Kit, if we take 'Rio' out of the equation, we have been deprived of H/Y interaction for nearly 2 years. :(

BSG = Battlestar Galactica (new 2003 onwards version). ;)

I'll post the next pic! :D

Countdown pic #19

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.