Horatio/DC #15: 'Back To Basics'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Aug 31, 2009.

1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

David pretty much is the show so I don't think they would get rid of him.

2. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I agree - no David, no CSI Miami, as far as I'm concerned. I think what's happened with Law & Order SVU (and House, to some extent) is making me nervous. I don't think for a moment they'll 'get rid of him', but negotiations can come unstuck. I'd just like to hear a definite 'yes'.

3. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I loved an ep of season 5 and i just melted when i saw Horatio's face and thought " mind into gutter"

4. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

It wouldn't be a cliffhanger if we knew whether or not Horatio is gonna survive. Knowing Eva is gonna be around takes some of the suspense out of Natalia's predicament. We know she will survive but we don't know if she'll be alright or if she'll be like Eric in season 5 after he got shot in the head and have some brain damage. We don't know anything about Horatio's situation. We don't know how bad he's injured.We don't know if back-up will arrive in time. We don't know if he'll bleed to death before back-up arrives. As frustrating as all that is, I like it that way cause that's what makes it a cliffhanger. Season 6 finale lost its cliffhanger appeal after I read here at Talk CSI and other places on the net that Horatio faked being shot and dying. I was relieved Horatio was going to be around in season 7 but I would've preferred to have remained ignorant of that fact.
    So, David Caruso, if you happen to come here and read this: DON'T TELL! DON'T TELL!

5. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I agree that CSI Miami would be worthless without Horatio, but in the end it's not even up to David if his character lives or dies. It's alll about the almighty peso.. er, dollar ;)

6. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I want to comment on something I was just thinking about. Last night I was watching the last 2 CSI: NY re-runs to air on ON DEMAND: Scared Stiff and Justified. Now I'm watching NCIS on ON DEMAND. Mark Harmon has a producer credit on NCIS and Gary Sinise has a producer credit on CSI: NY. I think David has as much producer type influence on CSI: Miami as Gary and Mark have on CSI: NY and NCIS. I think they should give David Caruso a producer credit in season 10. Better late than never (10 seasons late).

7. fanilowchick

I know Gary produced CSI NY and William Petersen produces CSI LV, and I always wondered why David isn't a producer of Miami. Is it because he doesn't want to or they won't let him, I wonder?

8. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Proof of Life is on ION Television right now.
    David looks just like he did in NYPD Blue...HOT.

EDIT
    Well, Proof of Life ended 13 minutes ago.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  9. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:guffaw::guffaw:I imagine if he wanted it, he would have it. Just saying.....................

10. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I really highly doubt that CSI Miami would ever be able to continue without Horatio Caine or David Caruso. As much as people may make fun and mock David and his character, but Horatio/David is iconic for this show, he is the lead, the foundation, and if he falls, the show falls with it. People can deny it but it's the simple truth. This show falls and rises on the back of David Caruso and Horatio Caine, once we lose them, CSI Miami is done for without them.

Look at what has happened to CSI LV since Grissom left the show, that viewership took a dip at about 25% when he was gone and it still hasn't recovered and probably never will recover. There are some characters that are the heart of the show, you take that away, you are killing the show.

Sure CSI Miami may drag out a few years like CSI LV is doing, but without David and Horatio, it just won't be CSI Miami anymore. And I doubt the networks are that stupid to do something like that unless they just want the franchise to break up and fail.

All in all, I'd be really shocked if David doesn't return for next year.

11. fanilowchick

I agree, I really don't think David will leave. I'm just itching forany spoilers or info on the new season.

:{ Grr... I hate cliffhangers!

12. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I don't think there's any reason to think David won't be back. As far as I know, he's never indicated he's restless. If there were tricky negotiations or anything going on, we'd have heard by now (e.g. upheavals in CSILV, Criminal Minds, SVU, House, etc. all now public knowledge). And I don't think a new series of Miami would ever have been commissioned unless David was on board. I think he carries the series more than the leads in LV and NY do in their respective series. (Yep, I'm biased...) But I could do with a spoiler or two... Just a hint...

13. fanilowchick

True, true, and true!!!!
    I guess we're going to get the first spoilers in about two weeks, which is too long for me :(

14. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I think in the coming weeks and especially once we get to July and nearing Comic Con, news and spoilers will probably start filtering in....most shows have only just begun production at this point so it's normal not to have anything yet....

I just hope that we actually get to deal with a realistic consequence/repercussion of Horatio being shot and not just magically have him be better! I wanna see the aftermath, I wanna have the show pick up where it left off! I mean, it took us 9 years to finally see Horatio Caine being human and not superman, I'd rather they don't just magic it away!

15. fanilowchick

Same here. I doubt they will magically make him better, only because H actually getting shot after 9 seasons is such a monumental event.

Here is a question for all you H fans: What do you think about the H/Renee relationship and what would you like to see happen between them in season 10?