hodges/nick-slash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by pabzi, Mar 14, 2006.

1. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Well, dark and emotional isn't necessarily bad.
    But of you want light, why not try an "in-ep" thing. You can take a scene from an ep that was ligh-hearted and try to go on from there. Advantage: You already got a starting point, and you can start on a lighter note...
    And really, these two do have some cute scenes, even if Nicky seems a bit rude with David at times. We all know how that is just self-defense. Or denial. Whichever.

2. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

its true...hmm the waist scene from way to go...
    yeah, but i write dark so much better, but it drains me, which is why i get stuck. actually, im starting to get to the lighter part of what i am writing (and a bit of humor) but its so heavy...

3. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Wow, Mia, you give really good suggestions. I'mjust not good at advices...pabzi, whatever you do, it'll turn out great. The fact that you have all those ideas means that you already have something to start with. work on it, Im sure it'll come out great. Im so sorry, Im pretty bad at fic advice-giving.

4. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

hehe, sidler, do you understand why i really do not feel like writing anything dark now? uh, i told you about 11 monmth memorials, right? and november is just getting closer...
    when i feel dark, it makes it worse to write dark, so its killing me that i can write light.

5. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

11 month memorials...i understand. But if you think that im thinking about a different thing, please let me know. I think so far most of your stories have been dark-humored. Have you tried writing purely-comedic fics? Any that Ive never read before? It is Nick/David right? What about writing a fic based on a song?

6. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

youve read everything that i wrote. you are right about the 11 month memorial...then thers the 12 month...
    dark humored? im not sure about the humor part.
    nick/david only, allthough i promised someone a david/bobby for christmas...and someone gave me an idea for a vartann/cath, but i dont know if i can write het.

7. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

November...
    By dark humor I meant that some of your fics are dark, but there are some parts in those stories that are funny..be it witty dialogues, funny things that the characters do or think..things like that. :) I call those type of fics dark-humor. Im not familiar with fics and their ratings and categories, so that might not be dark-humor. You can try writing het. You might like it. But do continue writing David/Nicky at the side. ;)

8. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

me? het? im not sure i could...things are moving in my head though.
    yeah, now i know what you mean by dark fic with humor, even i was laughing at what i wrote last night, and im my worst critic :D
    my problem is that i hate my writing. but others seem to like it...well, part 2 of my 3 part story is up...im not sure i can link it though, as part 1 is heavy pg-13, part 2 light pg-13. and part 3 R-ish...

9. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

^Know what you mean, I'm never fully satisfied with my writings either, but as long as someone out there enjoys it...
    Your work is to be found on LJ right? Shouldn't be too hard to detect, even without direct links.

As for Nicky/Hodges. Does anyone have some nice pics? I've been looking around but there's not that many scenes that spring to mind. There was this cute scene in the lab where they run into each other and Nicky has that weird look on his face, it's somewhere season 3. I don't remember the ep and I haven't found caps of it, can anyone help?

10. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

i forget the name of the ep also, but they have a scene in king baby, which i must see again, 4x4,which is awesome, and of course in way to go :D i have to go to beyond imagination later.
    yup. lj. its not in csi slash or labrats, but youll find it :)

11. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Ok, so I did find a picture. Not what I was looking for but hey, it's Hodges and Nicky. So close they could as well be pressing up against each other. And, could Davie's stares be any more obvious?

[​IMG]

Ah David, where are your hands? :devil:

12. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

awww
    such a loving stare :)
    and yeah, where are his hands?
    and notice nickys turtleneck :p
    and nick doesnt look annoyed with him at all

13. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Proudly announcing I've written my first Nick/David fic. It felt strange because I've never done anything like that. But yesterday when I was already lying in bed I suddenly had this image in my head and it wouldn't go away. So I turned on the lights at 2:something and was finished close to an hour later.

It surprised me how natural it felt to write them. They are just a perfect fit. I hope I captured their personalities alright, with David that's a little difficult.

BTW, the story is of mature content (if you can even call it content ;)), so I can't put up a link. It's on my fanfic.net account.

Something else: Do we have a ship name? Do we need one? I don't like some of that silly stuff some ships come up with just so they can say they have an official name...

14. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

ohh, ill go there now :)
    cant wait :)

eta-good job!!!

15. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Thanks pabzi.
    Now what about that ship name? For some strange reason the word "Hodgicky" has been crossing my mind. Now I'm not seriously suggesting that, but I thought I'd share, it's funny.
    Speaking of sharing, look what I've got:

[​IMG]
    (Davids head is a bit big I know, I might fix that tomorrow, too tired now...on the other hand, it kinda fits him... little big headed man :lol:)
    Okay. That's it from me :)

ETA:

[​IMG]
    (hope this is a little better)
    Aww, Hodgie is just so very kissable, isn't he, Nicky?