H/Cal #4: Handsome and his Bullet Girl!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Bullet_Girl, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bringirl2001

bringirl2001 Hit and Run

Yay- i am so happy to know they will finally be back on screen- i have circled that date with a red crayola- haha-- and will make sure to record on my dvd for a KEEPS- even if they just share scenes with the whole gang- i don't CARE- i just wanted them to breathe the same air agai---
    also the new m- vids on you-tube are kickin butt- i have enjoyed them--- so glad to be back andfinally some DuCaine to enjoy!-- I never gave up the ship and never abandoned the ship- i just took a break for a while to KEEP my nerves together- teehee

2. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Nice vids - finally getting some DuCaine love ;) This ship won't die on our watch, that's for sure lol.

You know, I was listening to the radio today, and I heard this song from Coldplay, called "The Scientist" — it's one of the saddest songs I've ever heard :( but I think it would be a great song for H/C and their relationship - or lack thereof — right now. Check out the lyrics, they just struck me as DuCaine :)

"The Scientist" by Coldplay

Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry
    You don't know how lovely you are
    I had to find you, tell you I need you
    Tell you I set you apart
    Tell me your secrets, and ask me your questions
    Oh let's go back to the start
    Running in circles, coming up tails
    Heads on a silence apart

Nobody said it was easy
    Oh it's such a shame for us to part
    Nobody said it was easy
    No one ever said that it would be this hard
    Oh take me back to the start

I was just guessing at numbers and figures
    Pulling your puzzles apart
    Questions of science, science and progress
    Do not speak as loud as my heart
    Tell me you love me, come back and haunt me
    Oh and I rush to the start
    Running in circles, chasing our tails
    Coming back as we are

Nobody said it was easy
    Oh it's such a shame for us to part
    Nobody said it was easy
    No one ever said it would be so hard
    I'm going back to the start

I was just blown away by that song - I really wish H/C would "go back to the start" and rekindle that old familiarity and friendship that made them such a special pair. (hint, hint, video-makers ;) ) Actually, I wish I could do the whole video thing, but my technology is kinda crappy. I could see the images as I heard that song - H comin' up to Calleigh, realizing he's been kinda distant, both of them wanting to go back to "the start" when she used to make him smile, etc.

Does anyone else think (aside from any possible behind-the-scenes stuff) that the whole Marisol thing really hurt H and Cal's friendship? I mean, Calleigh seemed like she was upset about it - the whole exchange w/Ryan, and the exchange w/H before the wedding. One theory: she was sad that he didn't think to turn to her once Yelina left, and kind of felt betrayed that he was marrying a woman he knew for three months while he'd known and been fond of Calleigh for all those years.

That's one of the reasons I think "The Scientist" is such a great song for them (aside from the "science" references, which are also kinda neat lol ;) )

Also on that same Coldplay CD is "Green Eyes," which is also an awesome H/C song - just trying to get some DuCaine goodness wherever I can.

I can't wait for "Chain Reaction," but maybe we'll get lucky and they'll interact in "Sunblock" too! :eek:

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^^ Actually HANGEL made an EDeN video using that song, requested by me of course, & it turned out BEAUTIFUL!!Notice my location<<<<! I would gladly share it w/ my ducaine though too. I love them. :)

4. horatiosangel

horatiosangel Lab Technician

Glad everyone is enjoying the DuCaine vids... :D

And welcome back bringirl2001!!! :)

I will check into that song "Green Eyes" miamirocks... I've not heard that one before and I'm always looking for new inspiration... (although it doesn't seem to take much where DuCaine is concerned... :rolleyes::lol::devil: )

Oh, and by the way, Chapter 3 is now up on youtube... it's set to my current favorite song, "Wake Up Call" by Maroon 5 and, although it's not my place to say, I think it turned out pretty good... :) Hope y'all enjoy the DuCaine goodness... :D

DuCaine Forever Baby... Yeah!!! :D:devil:

5. miamirocks

Hey everyone,

mjszud — Awww... I could see "The Scientist" being used for EDeN, too. (I'm down w/that ship, since it would free up Calleigh and all LOL). I just was listening to the song after watching the Season 3 episode "Under the Influence," and thinking about how distant H/C have become - I could just see Horatio sitting there, flashing back, thinking about things, trying to find Calleigh and tell her how he felt, etc... but that's just the "mush" in me ;)

horatiosangel— Thanks for takin' "Green Eyes" under consideration - it's a nice song for H/C (aside from the obvious reference to Calleigh's "green eyes" ;) ) - check out the lyrics:

"Green Eyes" by Coldplay

Honey you are a rock
    Upon which I stand
    And I come here to talk
    I hope you understand

That green eyes, yeah the spotlight, shines upon you
    And how could, anybody, deny you

I came here with a load
    And it feels so much lighter, now I’ve met you
    And honey you should know, that I could never go on without you

Green eyes

Honey you are the sea
    Upon which I float
    And I came here to talk
    I think you should know

That green eyes, you’re the one that I wanted to find
    And anyone who, tried to deny you must be out of their mind

Cause I came here with a load
    And it feels so much lighter, since I met you
    Honey you should know, that I could never go on without you

Green eyes
    Green eyes

BTW - I can't wait to check out your new video (my computer's really slow so I have to watch it elsewhere...). I LOVE that Song "Wake Up Call," but I couldn't find a way to get it into DuCaine context (unless H kills Jake hahaha ;) )

I actually made a mix CD w/songs from CSI:Miami and songs that remind me of it (OK, a little lame, I know, but the songs rock, really:) )

In case anyone was wondering or lookin' for some DuCaine inspiration, here's my list of songs:

"We Don't Get Fooled Again" - The Who (obviously...)
    "The Pretender" -Foo Fighters (from "Dangerous Son)
    "Sorry, Blame It On Me"-Akon
    "Love's Divine" -Seal (from "Innocent")
    "Where Is My Boy" -Faultline (from "Lost Son)
    "Heaven" -Thievery Coporation (from "Under Suspicion" :) )
    "How Far We've Come" -Matchbox 20
    "Stronger" -Kanye West
    "We Takin' Over" -DJ Khaled (yea, this one's just cool...)
    "Wake Up Call" -Maroon 5
    "What I've Done" -Linkin Park
    "Bring Me To Life -Evanescence
    "Signal Fire" -Snow Patrol (This song is DEFINITELY DuCaine:) )
    "It's Not Your Fault" -New Found Glory
    "Face Down" -Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
    "Harder To Breathe" -Maroon 5
    "Apologize" -Timbaland/One Republic
    "Umbrella" -Rihanna
    "The Scientist" -Coldplay
    "Something To Believe In" -Aqualung (from "Born To Kill")

I've got plenty of reasons why I picked each of these, and if they inspire any of you, terrific ;)

Here's to hopin' we'll get some DuCaine scenes so we can have more to work with - Big shout-out to all you video-makers out there - You guys rock! :)

6. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

Hey Everyone, :D

Welcome back bringirl. ;)

Hey, okay I just put up a new Mnaip and OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now hold onto your hats...It's JK with Calleigh again and Um... Well go see for yourselves! :eek:

Awesome vid HAngel...I love it and that song! Terrific job as always! :D :D :D

Miamirocks very nice list of songs there. ;) Hmm, I have to see which one I am going to use. Thanks for the inspiration!

HCrazy :cool:

7. miamirocks

Wow, those manips were awesome, HCrazy :)

Well, 15 episodes and counting (22 not counting "Man Down)...

I just emailed TV Guide again - tried to make it short, sweet and straight to the point. I hope someone gets on this. I know there's a picture of them together for the next episode, but I'm not getting my hopes up - it'll probably just be one scene. Besides, they've been cutting out scenes left and right - just look at the previews. They have a bunch of stuff they're not showing. (Does anyone else know what happened to that scene of H slamming the suspect down on the table from the season premiere preview???)

Anyway, I noticed H was particularly upset at the end of this episode and he was lookin' out the window...maybe at Calleigh and Jake? Hmmm...there's some good fodder for fanfiction ;)

I really hope we get more in the next few episodes than just one of scene of H/C - I mean this is CRAZY - I can't believe people aren't noticing. :(

8. horatiosangel

AWESOME manips, HCrazy sis!!! ***snags for personal DuCaine stash*** :devil:;)

OK, so what did y'all think of last night's epi? I have to say that I might have been reading A LOT into the ending scene with Horatio looking out the window, but in my heart all I kept thinking was that he was watching the whole Cal/Jake interaction and MAYBE realizing his true feelings??? :eek: (Wishful thinking, I know :rolleyes: ) And then his line to Ryan about how they all needed to stick together or they would "die alone"? Hopefully, he is at least realizing how little time he and Cal have spent working together over the past season and a half... and how much he misses her... I don't know... :confused:... maybe TPTB are just throwing us another curve ball... but I do know that that scene has inspired some great DuCaine fantasies for me and gotten my creative juices flowing... (Chapter 4 here I come... :D )

DuCaine Forever Baby...Yeah!!! :D:devil:

9. EmeraldEyes06

EmeraldEyes06 Lab Technician

HI!!!! *dances in singing, 'I'm in the middle of a chain reaction...'* :D :D *hugs everyone* It's so great to see people posting in here, especially with the upcoming eppie!!! I neary died when I saw that promo pic! :) I swear I nearly started crying!! :lol: I am soo excited!! Horatio and Calleigh are all I look forward to every week, and every weekend when I've finished studying. :D :D We so rock, and we are BACK!!!

Just to echo miamirocks and the point about Marisol, I agree. I believe the whole Marisol wedding thing did push them back a bit, definitely. Even though Calleigh was indeed upset, she knew that Horatio had to do what he ahd to do. Marisol was sick and dying, she needed. That scene in 'Shock' was so heartbreakingly beautiful with the champagne bottle, but I think Calleigh loved Horatio even more because of what he was doing, because there was that small smile before she walked away. It was his selfless compassion that made that pain easier to bear for Cal, IMO.

Loved all the songs, miamirocks!! Great choices! If I can find the song thread, I'll add those ones!! :)

@ rockyhorror: THANK YOU!!!! You appear to be the only non H/C shipper who's admitted that!! :rolleyes: I can understand being devoted to your ship, but disregarding all other characters is just demented!! Even if Eric and Calleigh didn't speak for a year and H and Cal were having scenes every week, I'd still say, 'Hang on a tic, what about her and Eric? What happened??' But nooo!!! :rolleyes:

Okay, before I go off on a massive rant, I just want to talk about a poem I read in English class last week by the metaphysical poet, John Donne, that is particularly significant for our ship. :) It's called ' A Valediction: Forbidding Mourning'. Here's the text:

As virtuous men pass mildly away,
    And whisper to their souls to go,
    Whilst some of their sad friends do say,
    "Now his breath goes," and some say, "No."

So let us melt, and make no noise,
    No tear-floods, nor sigh-tempests move ;
    'Twere profanation of our joys
    To tell the laity our love.

Moving of th' earth brings harms and fears ;
    Men reckon what it did, and meant ;
    But trepidation of the spheres,
    Though greater far, is innocent.

Dull sublunary lovers' love
    —Whose soul is sense—cannot admit
    Of absence, 'cause it doth remove
    The thing which elemented it.

But we by a love so much refined,
    That ourselves know not what it is,
    Inter-assurèd of the mind,
    Care less, eyes, lips and hands to miss.

Our two souls therefore, which are one,
    Though I must go, endure not yet
    A breach, but an expansion,
    Like gold to aery thinness beat.

If they be two, they are two so
    As stiff twin compasses are two ;
    Thy soul, the fix'd foot, makes no show
    To move, but doth, if th' other do.

And though it in the centre sit,
    Yet, when the other far doth roam,
    It leans, and hearkens after it,
    And grows erect, as that comes home.

Such wilt thou be to me, who must,
    Like th' other foot, obliquely run ;
    Thy firmness makes my circle just,
    And makes me end where I begun.

When I first read this poem, I liked it, even before I read deeper into it. As I began taking down notes from my teacher, I began to realise that this completely describes Horatio and Calleigh! 'Why?' I hear you ask. Okay, here's a little synopsis and why it is so DuCaine.

Donne is telling his love that he is leaving on a great journey, but he is also telling her not to cry when he leaves. He says that their love is virtuous and extraordinary; they are not an ordinary couple who mourn each other each time they're apart as if they're dead. Donne and his love have a bond that goes beyond physical boundaries; it is spiritual. Their feelings run deep, like the convection currents beneath the earth, deep within their souls. Donne is saying that ordianry couples build their love on the physical, and they can't stand being apart. He is so assured of his own feelings, he knows that they are stronger than most. Literally, they are one, their souls are joined together, there is no seperation.

Now at this point, my heart stared pounding and I started smiling despite myself. Donne uses the image of a mathematical compass to represent himself and his love. His love is the stationary point, and Donne is the pencil revolving around her. She remains static, fixed in one place(almost like Calleigh being the rock whom Horatio depends on), and he moves away(similar to Horatio growing distant to Calleigh). As the compass moves, Calleigh leans towards Horatio, and when his journey ends, Horatio will come back again, and the two parts of the compass that are destined to be joined will be back together again.

From what I have seen, Calleigh is the foundation of the relationship, the centre of Horatio's world. Though they may have moved apart due to difficult circumstances, they are two parts of the same instrument, of the same destiny, and just as the circle of life returns to the beginning, they too will return to each other. And just as mjszud rightly put it, 'Let's go back to the start'. Let them begin anew. Please??

Here's some pics of a scene from 'Evidence of Things Unseen'. I love Cal's face in the first one!! :lol

H: I'll be working late tonight, sweetheart... Cal: *Darn, I wanted to clean his nine mil...*
    H: If you let me, I'll make it up to you... Cal: I'm listening...
    H: It involves you, me and a movie. Cal: Oh, come on! You'll have to do better than that!
    H: Alright... you and me in a hot-tub with rosepetals! Cal: Handsome, I'm so there!!

It's time to count down the days until 'Chain Reaction'! 6 DAYS TO GO!!! :D Keep the faith everyone!! :) You're doing great!! :)

Byee!! DUCAINE FOREVER!!!
    :D

EDIT: I'm sorry about the way that comment came out; it was meant to be a joke, and I didn't mean for it to sound like I was labelling other shippers, of course not! Apologies again, sometimes my passion for the ship takes over!! I just find it hard to believe that when two characters stop talking, no one really notices.
    My main focus on posting yesterday was to inject some happiness into my fellow shippers who seem a bit down, and discuss our favourite couple. That was my true intention. We are going through a rough patch right now, so it's understandable that things will be said that were unintentionally misleading.
    Apologies again. At least we're having a scene next week! :)

10. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

I think people may have noticed the lack of H/C interaction, but maybe in the main, they're not bothered by it. Most fans only post about what concerns their interests, or things that bother them.

Also, we need to be careful about labelling other fans as 'demented' just because they don't see things the way you do. It's fine to complain about the show, but we all have our own take on things, so let's be tolerant of the opinions of others please. Thanks. :)

Hcrazy, I apologize for the edited picture size a few posts back. I just copied and pasted the URL address as usual, but the picture came out really small for some reason. Again, sorry about that. Please let me know if you want me to get a copy of the original size for you. :)

11. miamirocks

"Demented" comment aside, I agree that shippers can often blind themselves to other relationships outside their ship. Personally I think the ratings speak for themselves.

CSI:Miami is experiencing one of its lowest-rated seasons ever ("Bang, Bang, Your Debt" aside, which only emphasises the point, actually). I don't think this is about the fans not saying anything regarding a lack of H/C interaction. On the contrary, I think they're saying a whole lot - they're saying "Adios, CSI:Miami."

I know a lot of DuCaine fans who've just given up and stopped watching the show. As for why those still watching aren't saying anything ... well, I think it's b/c, for the most part, they may have started watching the show during mid- to late-Season 3 or beyond. When I try to explain our ship to E/C or CarWash fans, many of them don't remember "our" shipper moments, like "Kill Zone," "Evidence of Things Unseen" "Big Brother," ect.

Why haven't people spoken out more about the lack of H/C interaction? I think it's b/c they're not watching the show anymore. CSI:Miami did a major shift in season 3, trying to get a younger audience, and I think they did, but that "new" audience has never really experienced "DuCaine". (I'm in my 20s, so I guess I'm one of the odd younger people who's been watching since the beginning).

The sad thing is, the show has lost a valuable group of viewers, and it shows in the ratings - numbers don't lie. And just for the record, when CSI:Miami was first declared "The Most-Watched Show In The World" - every other country except the US was on Season 3. So technically, those ratings were based on Seasons 1-2, since CSI:Miami was never #1 in the US. And what did we have in Seasons 1-2? We had DuCaine!

I recently watched a bunch of Season 2 eps w/a friend of mine who only recently started watching CSI:Miami, and she was blown away by the H/C interaction. She said something to the effect of: "I never realized they were close." It's all about the history, folks.

In the end, it's just hard to see others completely ignore this - especially those who watched the show from day 1. I could quote magazines, commentary from episodes, and even the actors, in terms of how great the H/C chemistry is - ship or no ship. Cal does bring H down to earth, and everyone's always complaining about how stoic and distant he's become. Well, what's the one thing he hasn't had ... interaction w/Calleigh on a regular basis.

Sometimes it feels like H/C shippers are looked down on or ignored completely. We have valid opinions, too, but that never stops other ships from being dismissive to us.

Anyone else feel like we're just getting s**t on for the last two years? :(

12. horatiosangel

Hello... ***listens to crickets chirping in the background*** ... Hello... is anybody in here???...

Oh well, if anybody cares, I have posted the latest chapter (#4) on youtube... :D

Isn't it this epi where we are supposed to get our H/Cal scenes back? ***keeps fingers crossed in anticipation*** :)

Oh, and can somebody PM me about how I might be able to contact the writers at CBS... I've got an idea... ;)

DuCaine Forever Baby... Yeah!!! :D:devil:

13. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

*stomps on crickets* :D

I'm here! :lol: I'll go check out Chapter Four in just a bit. And hell yeah! It's tomorrow's eppy where we get to see our H/C together again! *does happy dance* :lol:

Hmm, what ideas do you have there horatiosangel? Dun dun DUN!!! :D

14. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I miss DuCaine and their scenes, they work really well together and it sucks they haven't been shown in the same dangit room in how long?? Sad really. Hopefully we'll get something Tomorrow night or I'm getting my pitchfork out.

15. miamirocks

Wow...real quiet in here. Thought it'd be buzzing since our pair finally got a scene together but....

Yea it totally sucked. They didn't interact AT ALL!? I just don't get it - they seemed so cold and removed - I mean, could H stand any further away from her? How could they just walk away like that after questioning a suspect w/out exchanging a word or even a glance?

All in all, it was extremely disappointing, but what else is new for us DuCaine fans? We're relegated to scraps, and the scraps aren't even any good.

If anyone has any spoilers that might ease my discontent with the direction this show is going in terms of H/C - please share! I'm starting to lose hope - and I really think that scene last night was sooo disappointing and stilted.

I know the writers are on strike - In a perfect world, they'd start reading our fanfics and get the idea that H/C compliment each other too well to be left behind. TPTB: Please bring back DuCaine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.