Grade 'Vacation Getaway'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 26, 2010.

?

How would you grade Vacation Getaway?

1. A+

20 vote(s)
    20.6%
  2. A

15 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. A-

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. B+

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    9.3%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    4.1%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. C

13 vote(s)
    13.4%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  10. D+

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  11. D

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
  12. D-

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  13. F

11 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Yeah and you only saw 20 minutes of a show that ran for over 40 minutes ... thinking the show was good when you barely saw half of it gives you the right to not let the rest of us tell the truth that we didn't like the show? I stand by my original impression that this episode was not the best and that really does not give you the right to jump in tell us that you hate us or our views. I know I have a lot of differences with what some of the fans think about this show and others as well, but I don't say "I hate you" ... and I think it's because you clearly left out the "for" ... so run off watch the whole episode and then you might have different views, cause quite frankly I don't think you can give a show an "A" rating when you clearly missed half of it.

Sorry if this upsets anyone ... I'm not trying to be rude.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  2. kljmiami

kljmiami Dead on Arrival

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

OOOKKKKAY!!!

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I was actually thinking, I can't really see them killing off Danny, he's really one of the staple characters. What I see playing out in my head is Shane holding the gun and pulling the trigger and Danny moving out of the way without knowing that Lindsey is there behind him. I think that scene would be much better than Lindsey coming to the rescue.

4. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

:lol: But I fear it would inevitably lead the whole show into the DL melodrama!

5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I actually graded this episode A- but I decided to make it higher to an A. :thumbsup:

It was really good. It was suspenseful, really reminded me of season 3's HOTD. The clues were amazing. Before was t-shirts, now money. Casey is an artist so he's capable of that. Why leave any clues? Because he's crazy. It's his signature.

The Messer Family moments were great. Feel good moments.

So, Casey was targeting Danny because he was proven wrong about his brother's innocence. He's really crazy! We can't really understand what's going on a crazy mind.

I kept guessing what the cliffhanger would be. I think I was fooled three times as when the cliffhanger would be shown. When the showdown between Danny and Casey ended, and there was a scene with Stella/Flack/Lindsay/Lucy/Danny in slow-mo, I thought the whole lighthouse would blow off and the end! :lol: I was wrong! And the last scene definitely made me nervous. I was sure Casey would show up.

Before, I was just wondering how Casey went all over New York City just like that. But he had a gun so he could just use it to scare any taxi driver to drive him all over the city. Or he has his own car. (Yes, there was a scene of him with Ganz in a car.)

Well, I really enjoyed it as well as the rest of the season. Although the finale (cliffhanger) was not the kind of I would speculate or worry the entire summer, I'm happy how this season ended.

I congratulate all the writers, staff, crew and actors behind CSI: NY. Thank you for bringing us a roller-coaster ride this season. I really appreciate that you all did your best to give us a great season. Job well done! :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  6. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Gave it an F. I was trying to be nice but, the thought that the writers think we are so stupid that we would believe that Shane fell from the top of a lighthouse into the rocks and water below; and yet suffered no injury. Come on how stupid do you think we are? Enough is enough already.:brickwall:

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

OK, it's been dealt with, so please drop it. For the record, I think he was trying to say "I hate how you people are..." rather than "I hate you." But let's all move on.

On topic, I'm still digesting this one, but I think my biggest problems were logic ones. Most of the episode seemed like filler. If Shane wanted Danny, why didn't he go after Danny a long time ago. What did it matter where he confronted him, since he apparently didn't want to hurt his family, and wanted the CSIs to know he was after Danny? Or did he want to hurt Danny's family... ack, it just made no sense. I guess I bought his explanation for being pissed at Danny for destroying his image of his brother, although that doesn't really line up with the end of "Raising Shane." Or his earlier reactions to Danny.

The hunt to decipher the clues felt like filler this time, rather than an important part of the mystery, probably because I figured out he was after Danny as soon as he took his badge. I mean, we all did. So for the CSIs to be stupider than fans of the show... come on. We're a bright bunch, but these CSIs shouldn't be that far behind us.

I can't say I don't miss the old Danny still, and though the Messer family stuff didn't really bug me, it's no substitute for the guy who used to blindly rush in impulsively and get himself into trouble. I am glad that Danny is still the show's Damsel-in-Distress, and Flack is still his White Knight. Poor Flack--the guy knows what Danny wears to the gym and how he likes to pay for things, and he still doesn't even get a hug when he charges to the rescue. :p ;)

The confrontation between Danny and Shane was probably the best part of it, but it's hard for me to give the episode anything above a C because of all the logic problems.

8. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

I know some of this has been said by others but here are my thoughts.

That cash bar idea was cute. I wonder if there really is such a place.

"Five nuggets short of a Happy Meal." Flack, I could kiss you.:adore:

In the museum, how did Casey get the skull dollar bill into the donation box? Those slots are usually very thin.

So Danny and Lindsay have a convertible. Or was it a rental?

They know Casey is loose and Danny doesn't take his cell phone and although Lindsay takes hers she doesn't turn it on. How stupid is that? Also, can't the phone be turned on remotely? I thought that happened in an earlier episode. Maybe it was another show. Even if Casey didn't exist, you take your phone with you. Things happen.:brickwall:

When they couldn't find the body and Mac mentioned "high tide" I was sure Casey got away.

I also agree that Lindsay realized something was wrong, got a gun, and shot Casey. I'm sure nothing happened to Lucy and Danny was already shot last year. Of course it's possible he'll become a widower, but that's unlikely.

Even though the episode had some glaring and annoying stupidities, I still enjoyed it and look forward to next season. I'm easy. (Plus I'll love reading the FanFiction that's going to come out of this.)

9. Fwuzzfwuzz

Fwuzzfwuzz Hit and Run

I wouldn't call it horrible but I was reaaaallly bored. This whole episode just didn't feel like a finale. I actually fell asleep for like 5 minutes.

So many scenes were just really long, mundane day to day stuff that even when I did feel a little suspense it was tempered by these scenes. It was like a stop and go effect. I've always been indifferent to D/L so I didn't really care for all the scenes with them.

Lucy looks like she's at least 18-24 months if she's able to stand that steadily and be that tall. (I work with that age group a lot). She seems a little bit too old but ah well.

I love Flack and Adam. It seemed that the writers were teasing their own scripts. Flack and Adam both had line that were pointing out plot holes.

Overall, I give it a C. Wasn't horrible but just really wasn't Finale material.

10. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Why oh why don't killers take Ziva David's simple approach to murder more often? I can't recall the exact words, but it was something like "If you want to kill someone, you knock on their door, they open and you shoot them." Wise words.

There was so much fail in this episode I can't be bothered commenting. It was painful to watch, even worse than reading poorly written fanfiction. You know why? Because fanfic authors don't write for a living.

What the hell were they thinking, again?

F (just because I can't give it less)

11. Lizz02

Lizz02 Civilian

Well this episode had a few nonsense moments, such as when they couldn't trace Lindsey and Danny, or when Casey literally jumped out of the window and nothing happened to him. Also in my opinion the Danny/Lindsey/Lucy moments were too sweetened up.
    Moreover, when Stella said "at least they have each other"?? that's kinda weird.
    Anyway, I still hope all the Messers will survive, and I will sure watch the season premiere in the fall. Oh and Flack was great in the episode! :)

12. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

F
    Because that is what I think about D/L. And since they having been trying every which way to make Lindsey the ultimate super being she will be the one to kill Shane because she is sooo much smarter then Danny you know. What would we all do without her? And they were right I am going :wtf: cause I cant believe they think we would care.:rolleyes:

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

It thoroughly confused me mainly because I had just watched the Criminal Minds Finale before I watched this and well and that was a cliffhanger which leaves you slightly frustrated whereas this one you kind of know there are only few options that could happen and which ones are most likely.

I wasn't as disappointed as i thought i might be. I was just slightly baffled by the whole thing. I didn't hate it didn't love it but enjoyed it.

It only bugged me how they overplayed the holiday part because I like DL but they made it overly sickly sweet for me when they got on holiday. Lindsay explaining how she would kill him was very creepy but thats the sort of relationship with them i like to see the banter and winding each other up.

And leaving phones behind i understand not answering them i take mine on holiday but don't carry it with me but they are in the same state so it won't cost any more for calls and as they learnt they could have possibly saved themselves a lot of trouble and surely when Lindsay took the photo she may have noticed the missed calls.

The kid was cute tho if not slightly confused by the whole episode herself she just went with the flow.

I did like the bank notes and folding them it is incredibly clever but as some said it almost seemed like a trail they already knew the answer to which makes it seem pointless.

It did amuse me watching them empty the charity jar because some one was generous in putting in a £20 note they must have loved the gallery. But thats me being english and thinking £20 could get me a lot of things.

Overall I was happy there was some random good banter between different people. But i would have rather it ended with him falling and that was it a cliffhanger at that point may have been more suited tho equally obvious but still i wasn't disappointed just baffled.

14. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

:guffaw:

I used to think that about James Bond. The bad guys always made these long speeches, allowing James to start his escape...But I digress...

I give it a D-.

Things I hate about it: Little Lucy. I'm sorry, but she didn't do much but stand there and look bewildered. I realize the kid is young and I don't expect an Oscar-inspired performance, but a little emotion would have been nice. (Or maybe just seeing a bit less of her..)

No cell phones. Ohhhhh-kay. The crazed killer that stole my badge and has used my debit card is now on the loose. It's vacation time? And seriously, no one knew where they were???? I always leave a phone # and location with someone and I'm just a lowly civilian..

"I Fell Off a Light House and Survived, " by Shane Casey. Seriously? High tide? Bleh! It took Flack forever to get to the top of that thing and he was running. Go ahead, abuse my suspension of disbelief.

Of course, Shane shows up with a water-logged gun. I'm guessing a dream since the opening shot was of Danny's eye. Not sure why. Shades of "Lost?"

Things I Loved: Flack. When this show is cancelled, I'm hoping Eddie Cahill will be snatched away to start in something worth his talent and good looks.

You know why "Snow Day" was so good? The team had to make do with what was at hand. They had to think and plan on the fly. There were no long sequences of DNA testing or examination of autopsies. Everyone was working as fast as they could and the stakes were HIGH!

I, for one, will not be pondering over the summer who was shot or why. I'm hunkering in with some re-runs of my favorite episodes...

Tobin

15. davester64

davester64 Victim

What dirt does Eddie Furlong have on the writers, that they keep him alive?!