Grade 'To What End?'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Jan 7, 2011.

?

How would you grade To What End?

1. A+

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. A

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. A-

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. B+

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

First new episode of 2011 tonight! Be sure to give it a watch and let us know what you thought.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Flack's a dag-um superhero! :eek:

Seriously though, I laughed when he jumped down to tackle the guy like that. Lulz! Combined with that amazing leap however-many episodes ago, I can only conclude that Flack was bitten by a radioactive spider or something. ;)

I did enjoy his scenes tonight. It's nice to get a bit of focus on Flack every once in a while. He's one of my favorites, and it's great when Eddie gets good material to work with. :D

I also enjoyed seeing Jo with Russ. I hope they don't get back together (she seemed adamant, and she knew exactly why they were incompatible - getting back together would be ill-advised IMO), but they were fun together. I wouldn't mind seeing him from time to time, as long as they lay off on him trying to get her back. ;)

Overall, a pretty good episode. They still had the super-convenient, only-found-in-one-place trace and whatnot, but it felt like more of a personal episode than a big science-y episode.

Oh, and I loved Adam's frustration with the clown guy! And then Mac and Jo having to deal with him. :lol:

3. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I'm gonna shock many by saying this but having agonized over the thought of it, I mustered up the stomach to watch CSI:NY and watch tonight's episode. Although I missed the first 15 minutes of it, I'd have to say that this was actually a pretty decent episode.

I never thought I'd ever reach this stage but I have gotten so tired of wallowing in TV-Grief and opted to send Hurricane Michael (My first name) crashing into CSI:New Orleans watch tonight's episode.

This was a very good episode. I'm still upset for obvious reasons but I feel like I braved it, got to the TV and am glad I did. :)

The Flack case was very good and I felt sad for the suspect although I felt when he assaulted Flack, he blew it completely and sent his innocence right out the window.

My loyalty to CSI:NY is still badly reduced but I felt I made a huge leap back to life once more tonight. Will I fall backward once more, maybe but I feel proud of myself tonight. :)

All in all, considering my feelings about what happened after last seasons, I give "To What End" a decent B in my book. :)

4. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I gave this one a B. I think they, like with the Larraquette episodes, misused DJE as a guest star. All the work up to his appearance and he was barely on. Sure I wasn't expecting him to be on all the time, but his presence didn't add much to the case. Plus the "sexual tension" game with Jo, Mac, and DJE is kind of weak. But that is fine with me. I think the CSI shows should focus on crime more than getting some action.

As I have said before, Flack is my least favorite man on the show. So the case focusing on his issues, didn't do much for me.

The clown angle was different and an interesting way to blend in. Bet some criminal would do that.

Oh and Adam was so cute getting mad at the clown guy! I love AJ Buckley :sighs:

5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

More often than not, whether it's CSI, Cold Case or Law & Order SVU, they hype up the guest stars...and they're only on for five mins or less.
    Still a decent episode all around, especially when they focus on Flack.

6. Country233

Fair enough. I guess it goes with the territory of crime shows.

Also to the Flack fans, glad you got an episode showcasing your man. Each member of the team should have a designated episodes :)

7. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

It was a so-so episode for me. The case was fine for the most part and I thought the clown thing was pretty smart. I just couldn't really get into the Flack/Bobby storyline that well.

I was appalled that once again they put Danny in a grandpa sweater.
    I thought Jo's ex was a bit arrogant, TBH.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That jump made me say "oh come on!". The show's ptb need to realize this is a show that's supposed to be a little more realistic. It's not an action movie or a show where characters have superpowers. Sure a jump like that looks cool in movies and the kind of shows where people have superpowers, but it loses its oomph when its done on this type of show because you're too busy going "that's ridiculous" rather than "that's so cool".

I didn't notice the sweater. I was too busy wondering why he got a haircut lol.

All those people dressed up like clowns for... did he say fifty bucks? Five hundred, maybe... but fifty?

Catch phrase of the episode: "Do you wear sneakers inside clown shoes?" :lol:

Poor frustrated Adam. :hug: "Lay off the caffeeine" lol.

"You're not very nice for someone who works at a clown registry". LOL!

Liked the continuity with Danny and Don being worried that history would repeat itself.

Like what Danny did with the fingerprint from the white face paint.

Loved Jo running from the room when she saw her ex coming and then he told her that he saw her run lol.

"Lindsay, ex-husband. Ex-husband, Lindsay." :lol:
    "Nice to meet you. We've heard... nothing about you." haha!

The bit with D/L and the comment about Edna being another woman was pointless and corny... and I wish the writers would stop giving them these corny lines to say. I'm sure the writers think the lines are cute/funny, but they're not. They're just annoying... especially when the characters and the audience know that Edna is a machine that they use in the lab.

I wonder if they'll give the two hundred bucks back to the original clown (that Bobby left for him).

Liked the ending scene with Bobby reuniting with his family and meeting his son for the first time.

I gave the episode a B.

9. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

ASLKDGFASDKLGSLADKFGH THIS EPISODE WAS SO AWESOME (sorry for the capslock abuse, but it.was.so.awesome.)

Flack <33333 I think I love him even more now! (like that is even possible)
    And that ending scene <3 Don Flack + 3 Doors Down + awesomeness in general = SKLDGJSAKGL <33333

BTW that jump near the end was a bit weird... I sure as hell wouldn't jump down from there O___________________o

AND ADAM. HE'S SO PRECIOUS

10. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Havent watched in awhile but the suggestion of a Flack related episode drew me in!:thumbsup: That is the only part worth watching sorry to say. Not much has changed, but Dannys grown up hair style:lol: and Adam a little more round in the face than I remember. Still like him though.:thumbsup: Jo seems to be doing the same as always, being told by "mama" that she needs a date. Always the referance to what a great catch she is and all the boys being deprived:rolleyes: And of course even the ex could not contain himself he had to let her know just how great she looked. He was a charmer reminds me of a guy I knew, I no longer want any contact with him either:lol: But Jo didnt seem to mind the flattery to much, just another reminder to herself how awesome she is:rolleyes: And then of course the wonderful D/L moment where Lindsey had her little snuggle with Danny to remind him that she is a much better catch then Edna...I'd go with Edna if I were him:lol:. But getting all of that out of the way good to see Flack but it reminded me that he is about all I have left:( As much as I love Gary Sinise first as a human being then as Mac Taylor it just seemed that time is winding down before the lights go off. I wish as Flack was watching the guy reuniting with his girlfriend and son they would have flash backed to a moment with Jess maybe the scene where they were in the car and he "busted out his game on her":lol: He seems like a lonely guy and after watching these past years it would be nice if they referance to what was, memories are not so out of the ordinary and such a bad thing after all are they? No Sid either too bad for me.Well just felt a bit melancholy as I was reminded of all that was missing in Stella and Jess and Aiden for that matter. My three most favorite females on NY. Now all I see is an overstated Jo and Lindsey(fill in the blank).:rolleyes: Episode would rate abit on the higher end very high if they could have not focused on Jo for once, and her self absorbed narcissism. Give the others there own episode as a whole and give it (Jo) a rest.:rolleyes:.......
    Oh yea and by the way do you think Don fell on a trampoline or a giant mattress when he jumped.:lol:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Do you mean you think Gary might be leaving the show soon or do you mean Mac might be coming close to burning out regarding the job?

12. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

This episode gets an A- for sure.

Alright, what I truly loved about this episode was the humour. There were so many funny moments..

• Flack interrogating the clowns.

• "Do you were sneakers inside clown shoes?" I loved Sheldon's reaction to Jo's question. When Jo was laughing at him, and went about her business, he was going 'crazy people...' I loved his facial expression.
    • Adam calling the clown registry. Oooh, Adam.

• Jo and Mac actually visiting the clown registry. "I want to meet the guy who blows the yolk out of these things." "You don't walk into the MOMA and póke the Picasso's, do you?" (Well, those little egg thingies were kinda cute, but a Picasso?) "Save it, Kentucky."

• "I'm pretty sure he doesn't keep his balloon gun loaded."
    • Jo running from her ex. "You're leaving?" "Oooooh, yeah." And her mama fixing her up.

... all just hilarious, in my opinion, that is. I also loved the music in this episode.

With the little EDNA-scene between Lindsey and Danny, I went.. meeeeeh. The storyline was alright... I liked it, but it wasn't really.. "Oh my, I'm so excited! I just can't take it." Nah.

So, overall, a very good episode.

13. CSINYADDICT99

CSINYADDICT99 Hit and Run

I liked this episode enough to give it a b+.
    I loved Adam he's so funny even on caffine. And the sneakers in clown shoes thing was great with mac's expression when danny asked him of all people. I also enjoyed the whole flack story, it was good to see more of him and the jo bit with her and her ex.
    I though the jump was a tad high but was overshawdowed by the clown thing which was awesome.
    All in all great ep with lots of humour!

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

here are my thoughts having watched a crappy streamed version, i'll try to watch properly at some point :)

liked:

the bit between mac & lindsay with the bullets in jelly - it reminded me of mac & lindsay's interactions in s2, y'know, when lindsay was still bearable and had a bit of oomph to her character.

the little sneakers skit, or at least skit was what it came across as, again it kind of reminded me of s2, when there were more of those bits that were almost comedy but still kind of serious and connected to the case as well as allowing proper team interaction stuff going on (as opposed to just silliness which is what we've had the last couple of seasons).

the egg dressed as krusty the klown, and mac & jo's clown registry visit generally, it was quite funny to see them up against someone who was uncooperative but in an unusual way. nice also to see jo saving that one instead of mac who seemed to be floundering a bit. well, i guess really it was adam that saved it.

adam getting all pissed off and mac telling him to lay off the caffeine :)

flack and danny's conversation about busting in the door and hoping they wouldn't get the same result this time - nice to see some actual continuity there even if it was only from a few eps back.

flack's chat with the girlfriend (who was super hot, btw).

didn't like so much:

flack jumping down several floors - seriously? i don't think so.

flack giving the guy 10 minutes with the family at the end - pukesville.

danny & lindsay's joke about him cheating with edna - lamesville.

the serious underuse of the guest star - i liked his interaction with jo and mac, and after all that build up they should've done something more with it. i realise the "jealous" question was the point but it was only one line and they should've been a bit more generous in using him.

oh and the fact that they went from having no connection between the baker and the killer to having several connections and witness protection and memphis and torture and kneecappings in about 3 seconds flat. i liked the clown comedy stuff, but it felt like the entire first half was given over to that and then they had to wrap the rest in record time which meant (a) i was a bit confused for a minute there and (b) it seemed totally implausible.

and an "eh?":

danny's hair, what's going on there?

overall B+, mainly for the comic element :)

15. Country233

Amen to the quoted stuff!

The comedy bits were good, I think there should be some fluff in crime shows. Sure it isn't as fluffy as say, Castle but I enjoy a mix of serious and amusement. And I want to know if they wear sneakers in the clown boot. I would think so.

The mean clown boss was funny as heck and the freaky clowns in that place. I am not one of those people who is afraid of clowns, but they aren't my favorite either.

Yes, "super Flack" flying down was pretty ridiculous. And his hair looks so odd this season. Weird.