Grade 'This Is Life'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Feb 22, 2013.

?

How would you grade This Is Life?

1. A+

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. A

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. A-

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. B+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. B

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

I very much hope there's a 10th season, even if it's another short one and they announced up front that it's the final season. If they do get renewed, ending with Mac & Christine's wedding would make the most sense. I would HOPE they'd work it out so Stella would be at the wedding, it wouldn't seem right if she wasn't there. After learning of their friendship in the crossover, I think it would be appropriate if DB Russell & his wife from CSI Vegas were there, too.

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

No, I don't see DB and his wife going just because it didn't seem like they were best friends. I mean after meeting at a convention just once they become best buddies?

Not sure I want the show renewed if CBS isn't going to announce, this would be the final season. If it does get renewed, we will be back the way we have been the last two years.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah,IDK either about DB. I definitely don't see him crossing again. I could see an occasional email and maybe a mention of events but IDK about more. I initially had thoughts about it too but am less sure now....it seemed to me like they wrote in too much of a friendship anyway for how they knew each other. And for the record, I wouldn't think of Horatio coming either. It seemed like Mac only met him in 'Nonstop' and then they worked together on the Darius case, that was it.

I'll take anything more that we can get.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  4. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I'm hoping for one more season but if not...we've had nine amazing seasons..a rarity for many shows these days.
    As for Stella returning,not only has the character of Jo grown on me but bringing her back at this point would ruin the new chemistry of the characters now IMO.

5. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I adored this episode. It was CSINY at its best. The drama of the case and the romance of the team. The sadness of the case and the happiness of the team. I could not think of a better way for the show to end season 9. I hope it is not the end for good, but if it is I think they did it right.

6. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

I just got around to watching this episode on CBS.com. I like it, a lot. And bravo to the shooting victim's girlfriend with her words at the near end. Lives were destroyed because of two reckless punks. As much as I hate to admit it, Kevin Hopkins wasn't in the wrong. It was to shoot or be shot at as a cop. With past real-life tragedies such as Amadou Diallo and Sean Bell (which has me questioning if Tori Bell's last name was chosen after the latter), it would be wise never to place hands anywhere but where an officer can see them. I just find firing excessive bullets into someone unnecessary and unjust. I'm glad that CSI:NY has touched on this subject. I like how suspenseful and realistic the first chapter before the starting credits looked, edge-of-your-seat-wise. It's refreshing to have an episode where it's focused out on the street more than the lab for a change.

I don't really see too many CSIs here. If Sheldon hadn't left the morgue, I'd be seeing him as the New York Super Dave, or something. I think that the other CSI shows had more than New York, with the additions of Jesse and Walter of Miami, and Morgan and Henry on the credits.

If this CSI was to get a new season, I would really like zero cliffhangers to any episodes in case the show gets cancelled early-,mid- ,or late-season. That way, every episode would wrap up nicely without any unfinished cases.

I love Mac and Christine at the end, especially Mac's speech. I'm glad that Mac's finally found someone he can truly be happy with for a really long time. They saved each other's lives. I couldn't imagine anyone else better for any of the two. This episode gets an A-.

7. MacsGirlMel

Did anyone realize that an ep or two into season one, Stella told Mac he had to get out and live life? I caught it watching reruns and love how it sort of came up again at the end. I can see him remembering that when he talks to Stella the next time.

I am sooo gonna write it into a fic.

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

When do you think the date is that Mac proposes? May?

9. MacsGirlMel

Man I just rewatched for what I think was the first time and cried just as much as back then. I would have loved to see it go on but if they’d have ruined Mac and Christine just to stick him with Jo I’d have screamed. I could ship them kinda but the ending was great and it wouldn’t have sat well with me period. Now if Christine died and he reunited with Stella then maybe but otherwise I do still think it ended in a nice way.