"Goodbye & Good Luck" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I liked the episode overall. I have to wonder whey the heck anyone would let Sara head a case with Hannah on it. As for Marlon, I can't feel too bad for him. Yes he was set up by his sister but he put himself in that position with the GHB. You can't feel too bad for him

2. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I think this was the first episode since GSR started that actually had both of them in character. And because of this, it was obvious that these two people are in a failed relationship, and are not really meant for each other. To me, this episode just showed how wrong they are together...i mean Grissom just had a puzzled expression on his face the whole time. And Sara just leaving like that...yeah, they really didn't have much of a relationship going.

i saw that as well. I really didn't like the whole hannah storyline, and also how Sara handled it. She wanted to hurt hannah, and it was kind of like rubbing it in her face. Way to beat up on a kid...jeeze, hannah may be really smart, but emotionally she is still young.

The look on Catherine's and Nick's face said it all. They both flashed this 'oh hell no' look :lol: But since nothing bad can be said about GSR, it was allowed. Grissom lost all of his ethics and integrity anyway, so i guess he doesn't really care anymore. He went on to supervise her anyway. It was pretty stupid to allow Sara to even go near Hannah, especially since it was clear she was out to get her. I just didn't see the point in taking the case away from Nick and Greg like that.

3. FAVRE_GIRL

FAVRE_GIRL Civilian

sarah was never a favorite of mine, from the first show she appeared on i just got the feeling she could not be trusted. she always seemed to have problems going along with others and it seemed to me that she always wanted things her way. I wont miss her at all and i think the show can only get better without her, I don"t think they will have a problem finding a replacement

4. jerispencerlvl3

jerispencerlvl3 Police Officer

I'm still on the fence about this episode.

It was a good episode, overall. I loved the Nick and Greg interactions. It was like we had classic Greg-O back.

And the interactions between Sara and Hannah...awesome. You could so tell that Hannah was trying to push Sara's buttons and tick her off.
    Heck, I wanted to jump through the screen and slap the taste out of her mouth.

But the way Sara left....MEH!! I figured there'd be some big good-bye to all the crew and not just some "Dear Grissom" letter. I was very disappointed with that.

Overall, I'd say it was just okay...I wasn't really that impressed by it but it was a decent enough episode.

5. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

My husband said "That was f?!%ed up. I liked it." :cool:

I know what he meant, and I sort of agree. It was a little over the top to do to a 12 year old, no matter how evil she may be, but it was sorta like "Aw, you went and made Baby Antichrist cry, awwww..." :D

I had similarly conflicted feelings about the whole ep. I liked the contrast of Sara's obvious severe burnout with Ronnie seeming to reflect what Sara was about six years ago. The kiss? To me it was less a lovey-dovey smooch than sort of a "F you" to the whole job, career and environment. I mean...no duh, it was inappropriate. But Ecklie wasn't there to flip off, so hey...(Plus it was worth it to see Hodges "WTF?!" look)

I dunno. I'm neutral on GSR because, while I "get" it, and I've seen it coming for years, it just became the whole focus on things. I'm all for a peek at the characters' personal lives, especially when quirks, strengths, weaknesses, relationships (romantic or otherwise), hobbies, interests, etc. might enter into a case in a relevant manner. When they eclipse the raison d'etre of a show...not so much. Maybe my viewpoint is skewed because I go on postboards and see all the hardcore pro or con GSR discussion...I take that chance when I come in here chumming for spoilers, so I'm not whining about that. It's just that it isn't only the fans; the network and producers seem to have picked up that particular ball and run with it, right out of the arena.

That all said, Jorja acted her butt off, as she has since at least "The West Wing", and I'll be anxious to see her future projects.

And to those wanting to continue the angst next week instead of having comic relief, remember that A) there is talk of co-workers reaching out to Grissom, so a dash of angst is probably going to happen, and B) angst isn't great for one's digestion, and with it being Thanksgiving, a little laughter should help the turkey and stuffing settle a little more comfortably. Besides, it's the Lab Rats. I'm carryin' THAT banner, baby! :D

6. byline

byline CSI Level One

My opinion? Hannah killed anyone who, according to her, stood between her and her brother. I think she killed both girls, and it's possible she may have even killed their parents (though, surprisingly, that was left hanging).

7. byline

byline CSI Level One

And also possibly a psychopath with no empathy for anyone else; her only concern is her own feelings. She may be young, but she's off to an early start as a sociopath. Remember, she's directly responsible for the deaths of at least two people (that we know of).

Sara was simply confronting her with the consequences of her own actions. The fact that it was one of the few things that would get to Hannah, emotionally, makes it no less a direct consequence of Hannah's own actions. Others who didn't know Hannah as well as Sarah might have walked on eggshells around her, but that's precisely because they would have treated her like a child, ignoring what she's capable of. There are probably all kinds of legal reasons why that was completely the wrong thing for Sara to do, but morally? I think she was completely justified in doing it.

8. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

I'm not convinced that Hannah was the guilty party, by any means. It was a very ambiguous case. Either or both of them could have been the one (or neither). Sara should have stopped playing games, as Hannah accused her correctly of doing, and allowed the pros to go with the evidence. Why does Sara always get this ridiculous free pass for her behavior?

9. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I still think there was a sick fixation or infatuation, whichever you wanna call it, on Hannah's part, over Marlon...which is just creepy gross. Her attitude kinda reminded me of an overprotective parent, yet is the little sister, and was totally riding the coat tails of her big brother regarding the social aspect of life...anyway... :)

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I am going to untack this now, please feel free to continue the discussion. :)

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

You all might be right on creepy/freaky Hannah, she's really far out there, in all area's EWWWW :eek: I've a question, now that I'm thinking about the ending! where the hell was Sara going, where's her stuff? her clothes, furniture, etc. was the taxi taking her back to her apt. first, or what.. :confused: and if she's taking a plane, where too, and with her same outfit, and no other items, any answers on this one?

12. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

well sociopaths and psychopaths are too different things. It is unlikely she is a psychopath since she did have emotional responses and a connection to her brother, even if it was a creepy connection. But even if she is a sociopath, murderer, creepy and/or playing games, she is still very young, and there was no evidence to suggest she was dangerous, just suspicion. Suspecting a young person to be a dangerous sociopath is very serious. If you accidentally label someone this, it could ruin the rest of their lives. You can't treat a teen badly because of suspicion. IMO Sara couldn't handle being outsmarted by a teenager, got frustrated, and went down to Hannah's level. There wasn't even any evidence to support that Hannah killed anyone, other than speculation because she is creepy. I think it would have worked better if they had actually used forensics to catch her, instead of a rehash of the first episode. If there isn't much evidence, than why would forensic scientists even be investigating the crime?

13. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Two separate crimes, with several years apart from the other, and still couldn't find any solid evidence to prove which of the two WEST kids were actually guilty...yet they can find the connection with, Natalie, the miniature killer, Paul Malander and his little charade, and just about every other case we've seen over the past 7 seasons. It just doesn't make sense...or is it just me?

14. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

omg DJRideout, your avatar is pretty funny :lol:

Yeah, that must have been an awkward scene to film...i was laughing at his face i pretty much missed the big kiss.

15. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

It's not just you - it's in fact the show that's gone from proedural to soap. NO one, no one sat down to think about how to investigate the crie. I didn't hear anybody looking for trace on the dead girl's clothes or epithelial tissue or such.

Marlon would not have been in jail in RL for having had consentual sex with the killed girl. This was all drama for Sara's sake on the investigation there om the show is long since fallen behing to become mere decorum for the GSR and beehives. :D

Actually 'sociopathy' is not used anymore - it's now called antisocial behavioral disorder and you can't diagnose anybody under 18, same as psychopathy (probably a neurological disorder) with these diagnoses. Developmental psychology has it's own set of diagnoses for people under 18.

I don't think Hannah was either - Hannah is just another victim for the lack of psych consults from CSI.