Gary Dourdan is Broke

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by mulder42, Jan 19, 2013.

1. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

2. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

The only person he has to blame for his problems is Gary Dourdan himself...

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I don't see that Gary 'blames' CSI. When he applied for the loan I'm sure he listed his income based on what he made on CSI. Now he's not regularly employed with CBS, or anyone else. Of course, it's no one's fault but his own. But this is just legal mumbojumbo and media exploitation.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

It is sad. I just hope he can get his act together. Placing blame on someone/something else is NOT helping with the recovery process.

5. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

It is his own fault and he has to blame somebody. If he blamed himself for his stupid behavior it would be too easy.

6. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

Gee his drama, he needs to clean his act all together, and CSI not to be blamed that he got fired/killed off the show, because he was caught by police for possession of illegal drugs.

he basically did was to waste his money that he earned over the years as actor, to buy drugs. I think its shame. but to me I think he should check himself at rehab and get his crap together. I cannot image for his friends that he made over the years at CSI set is appalled at what Gary Dourdan's accusation of CSI for bankrupting him.

7. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Sad to say but it does make watching some of the earlier seasons of CSI harder to watch sometimes.
    The character Gary played had a couple of vices but was virtually against everything else the actor playing him does.
    And like the rest of you stated,he needs to look in the mirror first if he wants to blame someone.
    You have to work really,really hard to get fired from a successful show like CSI but Gary pushed his luck once too often.
    I hope he gets the help he needs but I won't feel sorry for someone who blames everyone and everything but himself.

8. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

This makes me incredibly sad. Dourdan's life definitely found its parallel in Warrick.

Blaming a show that gave him everything is a low blow. I hope he gets this worked out, and receives all the help he requires, but he has nobody to blame but himself.

9. margarita_salt

margarita_salt Hit and Run

It is really sad to hear that his life has turned out the way it has. Warrick was one my favorite character on the show. I miss him. I love watching old CSI episodes with him on it. I really hope he can get some help. It would be a waste if he never acted again.

10. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I do feel sorry for him. I know a little what it's like, as I'm currently jobless and having problems financially. Thankfully I don't owe quite that much and I've been offered an apprenticeship, so hopefully I can start sorting it out, but I'm not blaming anyone for it. It's certainly not CSI's fault for what's happening to him, there are plenty of actors who end up leaving a job, either because the show has finished or their character killed off. But they don't seem to blame that show. And it's probably not helping to blame CSI.

11. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood CSI Level One

I struggle financially every single month and I never know if it's going to go around and I'm on benefits because of my AS. But there's one thing not finding job and making sure you can't find a job by making really bad choices like doing drugs etc. I don't think it's comparable at all to simply have economical issues and having them because you've put yourself there. And him putting any blame on the CSI peeps is just embarrassing and nothing else. Man, I used to respect him.

12. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Maybe he shouldn't have been beating up his girlfriend and doing drugs, then he wouldn't be in as much trouble as he is.

13. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

Yeah, there's only so much you can blame. And even if he hadn't left CSI, who knows, maybe this still would've happened. It's not going to help him get out of it by blaming CSI, he needs to just take responsibility and sort himself out.

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

That's too bad, but if he wants to blame someone he should look in the mirror. Maybe he shouldn't have wasted his money on drugs?

15. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood CSI Level One

I mean, considering the fact that he was fired from CSI for the troubles he got himself in I think it's safe to say it still would have happened sooner or later. If they'd let him stay on it might have escalated even worse out of control and sooner or later they'd have to let him go anyway. But yeah, blaming anything on anyone but himself is just immature.