Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

Delkolover - I just tweeted about this to my E/C fans and We are ALL So excited! And I was hoping in my little heart of hearts you would be the one to bring and post this wonderful news to the forum!!
    So nice to see you back here! I am glad things are finally looking up!
    I hope you are well! Check your DM's later :)

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

It felt good to finally have something positive to report for these two!! Hopefully the writers will give us a happy ending when Eric finally rides off into the sunset. Although, on tv you never actually ride all the way off!! He doesn't have to be seen for us to know that he is still with her ;)

Check my "DM's" :confused: I don't know what you mean.

FYI for anyone who wants to "see" the actual spoilers head over to spoilertv...the spoilers are posted there!!

Just a word to the wise though, if you are going to go there and see them DO NOT return here and call or refer to them as anything else but SPOILERS. Also, do not quote any of the stuff you see...if you want to talk about it here, paraphrase it. :D

3. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Oh seeing the spoilers for episode 8.14 made me extra happy this evening

Alright so here is what I am thinking:
    I think that Eric and Calleigh decided to take a break after 8.05 (as much as I hate to say it) I think that he needed to take some time to find himself after the case (because it clearly affected him)

In 8.11 (which I was hoping they would run into each others arms and never let go, I guess I was off) he seems to apologize for how they left things between them which means that he left town and didn't explain himself to her as to his reasons for doing it.

They obvioulsy still have feelings for each other which would explain why they are still "hooking up" (that sounds so cheap to me though) I seriously doubt that they are using each other to make themselves feel better about the "breakup" I think they are using it as a way to re-establish their relationship. I do hope that their relationship is now going through a positive change.

I do think that Calleigh does take sex with anyone very seriously, especially with her intense feelings towards Eric. I also think that Eric knows that Calleigh would not let just anyone into her bed. If that was the case then she could have hooked up with anyone. So for her & Eric to be doing what they said they wouldn't be doing means to me that their relationship should be back on track soon.

Off topic for a sec: is it sad that I am counting down the days til episode 8.11

I know I sound like a broken record, but I really do hope that they bring Eric back next season. Its just not the same without him around. Calleigh looks so brokenhearted which makes me sad :(

4. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I don't necessarily think that Eric left Miami, but more distanced himself from everyone, family and friends and Calleigh, to help him find who he really is. I think Calleigh is suffering from, for lack of a better term, separation anxiety, which means she and Eric have had minimal contact until recently. The rest is too spoilerish. Her behavior certainly has changed and she seems a little "off", which is a good decision on the actress' part. Lovely, even. It shows that she's deeply affected by Eric's absence at the lab and in her life. Calleigh is edgier and her good humor seems forced. Beautiful work!

About the article: I loved the fact that Adam missed Emily so much that he "missed her face". That's a very intimate without being physically intimat thing to say. It speaks to their deep friendship forge over the years. It speaks of how two friends miss each other. Warms my heart.

The one thing I've loved about them in the past is how cuddly they always are with each other. They need to touch and hug; or at least hold hands. I know she said she's from an aggressively affectionate family and he's Latino and all my Latino/a friends are very affectionate people. I can't come to work without a hug and cheek kiss form several of my co-workers. I love it because I'm affectionate that way, too. My little Latino (Mexican and only 8) one-on-one student is very physically affectionate. I get hugs and snuzzles from him all the time, so I can totally understand Adam's penchant for physical displays of affection. It has always, to me, seemed to compliment Emily's displays of affection and so they really work, which is why the Eric/Calleigh romance works for me.

5. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

The "I missed her face" hit me too...this is a really sweet thing to say to someone and for sure Adam and Emily are not only colleagues but real friends!
    I really hope for Eric/Calleigh's future!
    little Ot:I'm happy to continue to read very nice things about Emily,what a girl!

6. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Yeah, I'm really glad he is coming back! And I think that they need to have a break up to make up, if you know what I mean. I hope they will really work things out at the end(of the series).

7. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Wow! This thread is alive again!
    I go away for a few days and this is what I come back to :D? I think I should leave more often :guffaw:!
    Finally, I see light at the end of this long dark tunnel!
    I'm more confident now then ever: we will get our HAPPY ENDING after all :adore:!

8. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Hello Hiphuggers!:)

Wow... we finally get some good news. Yehey:thumbsup:
    Adam's interview just proves that he & Emily have a deep connection. It was sweet... he missed her face awwwww:adore:

And the spoiler for 814 (thanks delkolover) I can't think of anything to say about it right now cause I'm just so ecstatic & excited right now. Looking forward to see what will happen on 811. I really miss Eric & Calleigh.

I'm really happy for all of us:thumbsup:

9. Cbelle98

Cbelle98 Victim

Just wanted to drop a quick note to add my own 'Yippee!!' to the awesome 8.14 spoilers. I've had a big ole smile on my face all morning.

Anybody have any ideas as to the time frame when 8.14 might air? Are we currently in the winter hiatus or are there still a couple more new episodes to air? Wasn't sure since last week was a repeat.

10. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

After so long time finally some good news. Thanks Delkolover, you're the best as always:thumbsup:.

I'm really happy reading it, but still I have to say it. Though I don't want to spoil the joy to everyone I'm worried, because spoilers changed a lot this season:(. I just truly hope they won't change their minds and remove this scene from the episode. Because now when we have seen it already it definitely would be a pure cruelty.
    I'm not sure what might happen between them the previous night as she put it, but whatever that was I suppose it was pretty pleasant considering the way they are talking with each other in this scene;).

As for Adam and Emily's friendship it looks they are really good and close friends. His comment about her just sweet. I'd like to have such a great friend as him. They definitely have a great time with each other, so no wonder they enjoy to play E/C relationship.:)

11. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Hey everyone!! Nice to see some familiar people back to support our ship!!

I've been wanting to post since last night, but got so busy!!

Anyway, :beer:!! Its so on!!!
    I can't even express my happiness over this. I'm glad that things are not odd between them anymore and that they can freely express their feelings "physically" again :)

After reading the spoilers for 8.14, his convo with Calleigh and "your place or mine" comment reminds me of Delko from season 4. The swag is back and I'm loving it!!! :thumbsup:

I can agree with a couple of you by saying they were on a break. I missed the spoiler part on 8.11 that mentions him apologizing. I guess the poor guy had to do some soul searching...

Now I'm fidgety b/c I can't wait for both 8.11 and 8.14. CBS really needs to sit down for both episodes and watch the ratings soar!

I've got tons of butterflies for my couple again - AWESOMENESS!!!

12. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

Finally good news!!!I'm very curious now to see 8.11 episode and what happen!!

13. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Yay, good news for our favorite couple, it's about time they talk about it. Maybe a wedding or proposal could araise from all this unnessecary drama. I'll take any good news about Eric and Cal.

14. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Me too!! :D

Hopefully the writers won't change anything and disappoint us....AGAIN!! Even if they do change something though come episode air time, just hearing that they are still toying with E/C and that something will probably eventually happen, is fine with me.....only if they come through in the end of course ;)

15. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

Yayyyyy!!!! So sorry I have been so quiet, but I have been so gutted with no E/C for what seems like forever!!! Finally things are looking more positive. I dont even care if we never see a wedding or kids, just a proposal will make all my dreams come true!! I am so glad for the internet, season 8 dosnt even start in the UK until June!! We have the season 7 finale in 2 weeks on the 15th Dec!!! Thanks everyone for sharing hopefully exciting times! CBS better not screw all us fans over again!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.