Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

we'll find a way to communicate somehow with regards to the comics & I hope that there's someone out there who'll be able to create a hiphuggers website:)

Bye bye everyone!:)

2. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Hello! How are you all doing?
    Just to let you all know that the highuggers clan should rejoice!
    Got a tweet from Adam:
    "I wnt 2 thank evry1 who's sent shout outs of support and encouragement! I see & appreciate u all! I start shooting new Ep.
    of Miami 11/03"

Isn't that great? I was right not to worry at all, we'd still see more highugger moments!:lol:

3. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I was never worried about 8.05 being Eric's exit from the show. I always go by what he said in his tweet "... 1 down and had 9 more to go..." So, for me the countdown continues as follows:
    Total episodes: 10
    - 1 (8.01)
    - 1 (8.03)
    - 1 (8.05)
    episodes left : 7

We still have 7 additional episodes after next week ;)! Still not enough "hiphuggerness" for me, but I guess I have to take I we can get,
    FOR NOW :mad:!

Now, speaking of 8.05, I noticed that the thread is up, but there's no promo yet! Why is it taking so long? It's already friday night! Previous episodes' threads are up by thursday, at the latest, promo and all :rolleyes:!

Aj, doesn't look like you missed me much today! You were in good company :guffaw:!

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Ahemmm....Todays rant by AjBuckly

1. There is a website outthere created by one of our very own. I hope she/he will let you all know and that you will join. To show support and brings in numbers for our letters to carry weight.
    I give thanks and a shoutout to the websitecreator - Doing my eastcoast-rap pose.:guffaw::cool::guffaw:.
    2. Rhee if you can get the scenecaps from 1 - 8. We only need a photoshop or Microstoft thingy to put it all together. When you can PM You could send a link to me and I could put it together. I am not to certain whether or not you use buildt- ups in slideshows but we better have a lot of pictures to choose from. Whether or not we should add music.:confused: Or leave the slideshow for people to put thier own music too.
    OH....I wonder if there is transscripts of show outthere. Then we could add some lines as break in slideshow....LOL oh what fun to get to choose lines.....we need the original hipscene and line IMO

3.Aj, doesn't look like you missed me much today! You were in good company - oh you are being silly.... Rhee and I are getting the groove back in hiphuggerland while you MIA (and that is quite a lot) are preparing for Monday.....You will be back when you have time ....I know:).

In one of shows producers have their "little" babies that they worry about. Storyline and/or actors. Do we know which producers are with us on this storyline or which showrunners? Would it have some effect to write them too?

For instense Cory Miller who left CSI Miama

CSI Files: You were instrumental in the development of the character of Ryan Wolfe (Jonathan Togo, penning the episode that introduced him and several other important ones for the character. Are you pleased with his arc throughout the series? Is there a particular direction you'd like to see him taken in?
    Miller: It was great for Marc Dube and I to have some part in creating Wolfe, in "Under the Influence." And then for me to have a hand in shooting him in the eye with a nail gun a few years later. I joked with Jon Togo, "I brought you into this world, now I can take you out of it." Wolfe has definitely been through the ringer on the series. A lot of credit has to be given to Togo himself, who told the writers early on that he wasn't afraid to be wrong, or to be a hothead, or to be fallible. He may regret having ever said that, but we always looked at Wolfe as the odd man out. Even though he's a great CSI and was instantly a strong member of the team,

As per our ship:
    CSI Files: After several seasons that were mostly episodic, CSI: Miami really delved into several arc-based stories this season--Delko's heritage, Delko and Calleigh's romance, Ryan's friendship with his Gambler's Anonymous sponsor and his son. What was the impetus for that?
    Miller: There are a few reasons. First, it being our seventh season, we felt we earned the right to open up the characters some more, and finally break the old CSI mantra, "Never go home with them." Doing so opens up a ton of story possibilities, and re-energizes the show. Secondly, we also feel like it revitalizes the actors. It's hard to play similar "look what I found" evidence scenes over and over again. So delving into their real lives helps them explore different sides of their characters, and the show is so much better for it. Shows need to constantly grow and change in some way, while staying true to the basics that people expect. All the writers are avid television watchers, and we know what brings people back every week is not just their desire to be entertained, but to continue the relationship they have with the characters they love. So giving our characters more personal stories helps that relationship not grow stale.
    CSI Files: Miami delved into a relationship between two regular characters when Eric and Calleigh got together. What made the writing team decide to finally take the pair to the next level?
    Miller: Again, it was mostly just to bring forth some new story possibilities. Without turning the show into a soap opera, we wanted to gradually explore these two growing closer over the years and then attempting a love relationship. Each had to shed some baggage and find discover each other with fresh eyes. So we went into it very, very slowly, as we would expect the characters would do. They already had a close friendship, but we wanted to show that Eric and Calleigh had both matured to the point that they felt like they owed it to themselves to give it a try.
    CSI Files: What do you think the future of Eric and Calleigh's relationship will be? Do they have a shot to make it in the long run?
    Miller: I guess I will have to tune in like everyone else now, to see what the future holds in store for them. I do think that their relationship does have potential, though. Both are great people, with integrity, and with an affinity for family. I could definitely see them settling down at some point. ( Sorry ladies this writer left the show)

Now do we know if other writers do the same:

CSI Files: You've had a lot of interaction with CSI: Miami fans through your blog in season four and e-mail. What do you feel characterizes fans of this series?
    Miller: You know, it was tough doing that blog, but I really appreciated it in the end, because it put me in touch with so many fans from all over the world. It was gratifying to meet so many nice, smart people who really pay attention to our work. And I learned a huge lesson from them. It wasn't just about presenting interesting murder mysteries every week. Fervent fans paid equal attention to the slightest things that the main characters said about their own personal lives, because they really wanted to know more about them every week. So it made me try to honor that in the episodes I wrote. I strived to put in those little extra character moments, because the true fans really appreciated them. I guess I realized that our characters were also little mysteries in themselves. And it was fun to be able to try and unlock little layers of them. I will take that into any show I do in the future. You don't need characters to have huge soliloquies in order to realize how they tick. You just need to make them real, and gradually dole out small portions of their characters. I now believe that is what primarily makes people come back week-to-week.

And Ann Donahue:

Long-simmering passion finally comes to a boil.
    CSI: Miami has toyed with the possibility of a romance between Calleigh Duquesne and Eric Delko since the show's first season. However, the pair's mutual attraction has only recently come to the forefront. This week's episode, "Sink or Swim", finds Eric and Calleigh taking their relationship to a new level.
    "If we had answered it in the first or second year, that would have been too soon," executive producer Ann Donahue told USA Today. "Now, you truly know the characters getting involved." A relationship between Eric and Calleigh "was always in the back of our minds," Donahue continued. "When did it take a real turn? After he got shot (two seasons ago), we saw Delko depend on Calleigh. She would cover for him, (but) it was more than friends covering. And you realize, 'Oh, you're in love.'"
    Now, Procter shared, the romance is bringing something new to Miami. "The relationship of Delko and Calleigh has become its own character in the show," she said. "It makes the show different. It's nice to have a subtle change in structure." Rodriguez said the relationship is a "huge addition" to the series. "The audience waited a long time to see this," he said, "and for them to finally get the payoff, I hope they're enjoying it as much as we are." Procter and Rodriguez recently did a sexy photoshoot, and Donahue promised that the romantic storyline would continue, along with repercussions. However, she would not reveal how long the romance will last. Rodriguez, for one, is looking forward to what might be coming up for Eric and Calleigh. When asked if there would be more kissing between the pair, he replied, "I hope so."

So is Ann the way to go????

I just add this to make my shipper heart happy from Kristines review of Sink or Swim:

Delko's plight leads to a revolution that has been a long time coming: he and Calleigh are romantically involved. It's about time! The storyline between them has been developing since Delko fought for his life in "Man Down" after being shot in the head, but their growing attraction was stymied when she resumed a relationship with her ex-boyfriend Jake Berkeley at the end of season five in "Born to Kill". When things finally petered out between Calleigh and Jake, Delko was still there for her, still clearly smitten. Calleigh obviously returned his feelings, but the two danced around it until she confronted him in this season's "Head Case", telling him he was going to need to verbalize his feelings. Easier said then done, and Eric continued to hem and haw around his feelings for her, but when Calleigh had her own brush with death in "Smoke Gets In Your CSIs", Delko was finally able to say the words she needed to hear. Despite the fact that Calleigh was unconscious at the time he said them, when she woke up she told him she heard what he said, and apparently this allowed the two to move forward together--finally.
    Together, Delko and Calleigh are every bit as solid and frankly downright cute together as we'd expect them to be. When he's in jail, she gently tells him he should have told her about what was going on with him. When he tells her he feels like he's been living a lie, she lightly counters with, "It's alright. I happen to like the lie." At the end, she's waiting for him when he gets out of jail, jokingly telling him, "I was going to marry you, but your dad stepped in." Delko, relieved of the threat of deportation, banters right back, saying, "What makes you think I'd say yes? Maybe I met someone I like better inside." She invites him over for dinner, and when he reminds her of possible danger, she retorts, "I have the safest home in Miami. Do you know how many guns I have?" The rapport between them is breezy, natural and light-hearted--they're a couple that we have fun watching. Grissom and Sara on CSI were a lot more serious, and Danny and Lindsay on CSI: New York could barely be in a room together without fighting before this season, so it's nice to see a couple on a CSI show just having fun together and enjoying joking together back and forth. It's great to see Delko and Calleigh have finally found their way to each other, and I can't wait to see where the show will take them next. One of the best things about "Sink or Swim" is that it doesn't leave Ryan and Natalia, the most neglected CSIs this side of Greg Sanders, out in the cold. Ryan gets a great scene with the two hapless robbers, who are easily tracked down by Calleigh via the IP on the stolen laptop. Ryan really knows how to play it cool; he simply walks up to the table and sits down with the pair. Natalia gets a more intense moment in the episode; she's the one with Delko when the immigration officers come to arrest him. Natalia is downright fierce with them, getting aggressive to the point where it's a possibility that she, too, could be arrested for her interference. Eva La Rue channels a great intensity in this scene, showing just how attached Natalia has become to her teammates, and how far she's willing to go to protect one of them. Of course, Natalia has a past with Delko, one that began as a romance and has grown into a deep friendship. Seeing her jump to Delko's defense is a natural, nice moment for her character. Ryan and Natalia have been neglected as of late, so it's refreshing to see that they both have something interesting to do here.

I left the last part in there....about Nat and Ryan because it is heartbreaking to read that our ship flooded the show....Actually Nat showed her great care for Delko and Ryan is being cool and collected. Nice.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  5. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Ok, so this morning I went to the "Bad Seed" thread in the main forum to check if I can watch that "famous" promo, and, for a moment, I thought I was in "hiphuggerland" :lol:! All the posters are hiphuggers, not one non-hiphugger!
    Ladies, looks like we have two E/C threads going at the same time :guffaw:!

Needeless to say that I was still unable to watch it; CBS is guarding that promo like some sort of top secret... "something", to be revealed only to US residents :rolleyes:! Well, guess who's gonna have the last laugh? On monday, I'm the one - along with others living in the same "geographical area"- who'll be able to watch the entire episode three hours before anybody else :lol:!

6. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Hey AJ!:)
    There's a site with qouted dialogues between Eric & Calleigh.. mostly the important ones.. not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here:confused: still a bit confused with posting rules sorry.

I already started to upload some of the SCs in my PB, I'll PM you the link as soon as I'm allowed to.

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

So this is from Board rules site....Our strip is not a vid. but a slideshow of photos and it doesn´t say anything about homepages so how do we make a list of the homepages we find?

FAN VIDEOS AND DOWNLOADS - UPDATED!

~ You may not link to any downloadable copyrighted material such as video clips of the episodes or interviews unless it is from a CBS approved site like YouTube and from CBS itself.

~ Promos are welcome to be posted in shipper threads but ONLY if it relates to your ship. If not, it should be posted in the spoiler threads for each series.

~ Also, no discussion of downloading episodes or tape trading will be permitted on the board.

~ You can, however, link to fan-made videos from sites such as YouTube but please make sure they are posted in the Fan Made Videoes - Shipper Central Style thread pinned at the top of the forum. Please keep all links in this thread instead of the individual shipper threads.

POSTING IMAGES

~ According to the board rules, you should not post any more than 50-60kb worth of photos per post.

~ As a courtesy to others, please try to keep your images 400x400 pixels or smaller, so that they do not stretch the screen and are easier on dial-up users. If the image you want is larger, please post a link to it instead.

~ Also, please do not hotlink because it uses up valuable bandwidth of other users.

I still think we should do it outside forum as to get high quality photos and then perhaps an up - load.

8. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

Hey guys, not to rub salt in any wounds, but the CBS site has posted a sneak peak.

It looks like it's probably the episode intro. There's no mention of EC, but I figured you all would want to know anyway. I know a lot of you can't see the CBS videos, so here's a synopsis:

It consists of Eric getting dressed after his doctor's visit...and yes, there is a glimse of yummy shirtless ADAM!!!. He then walks out and finds Alex working in the ER and tells her the good news - he's been cleared for work and has no residual brain damage. She's thrilled for him, but notices he seems less than excited. She questions his hesitance, and he initially blows her off, but she insists they've been friends too long for him to lie to her. He starts to say, "Do you ever regred leaving PD..." and right then an emergency comes in and Alex has to rush away and it ends there.

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:guffaw::guffaw:Just read it in Bad seed and wanted to thank you so here goes : Thank you! I could PM you yet.

What is your take on the line? He fears leaving PD (police ?) or he regrets leaving diving job?

10. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

So his attitude is sort of like when he was talking to Ryan in the locker room in 8.03. He seems hesitant, uncertain. The word for word line is, "Do you ever have any regrtets about leaving PD..." and Alex looks at him seriously, but before she can say anything, an emergency comes in and she turns to leave and the clip ends. I think they're introducing Eric's ambivalence about coming back to work right away...based on this sneak peak and the promo clip, it seems he's going to be struggling with it throughout the episode, and suggests that it is something he's been thinking about for a while.

11. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Alright guys! The big day is almost here...and yes, I am dreading it. I caught the sneak peak and it made me really, really sad.

I agree with you, bogglesthemind, I think this is something that Eric has been thinking about for a while. I hope that we do get the proper hiphugger scene at the end, with him telling her just how much he does love her and promises that he will be back for her. I am gonna be so sad :(

So I was watching 7.01 last night and I came to the realization that the way that Calleigh felt for Jake is TOTALLY different than how she feels for Eric. When she told Jake that she wouldn't wait for him she was visibly upset but she did not have tears in her eyes. Yet on Monday,well most of you have seen the promo.

On a side note, here is the site that Aj was talking about, its nothing special just something I came up with, feel free to join in and share your thoughts with me. I promise that I will be adding more, it is still a work in progress.

http://ericdelkocalleighduquesne.ning.com/

Enjoy!

to the mods: if I am not supposed to add this link in here, I'm sorry. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me ;)

12. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I wasn't here for some time, but I see that there's a lot going on here:). It's good to know that you all still have a hope for some good things for E/C. Hope dies last I guess :thumbsup:.

And as always I can't watch the sneak peak, so thank you for describing what is going on in it. It's gonna be a really sad episode. I guess Calleigh won't be the only one crying on Moday(well for me it'll be tuesday). It's still hard for me to imagine that Eric won't be present in every episode. It's sad, but I'm not waiting for every episode anymore:(.
    I just thought that now when we know he's leaving csi and we also know he'll be in 7 more episodes of this season that maybe his appearance will mean more E/C private life:confused:. You know like them in home together after or before work. Nice bed scene would be also appreciated. Not to mention engagement, marriage and babies.;)
    It's a lot of possibilities I just hope they'll use it properly. Maybe although for once they'll surprise me in a good way, because honestly I completly lost faith in them:scream:.

13. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

Thanks for describing the sneak peak!
    I am also one of the few here that has to wait till tuesday to watch the episode, but I am actually really looking forward to it despite the fact that Eric is leaving. Cos he is not really leaving us forever, he will be poping in and out for 7 more. I just can not wait till Eric and Calleigh clarify their relationship status, and we may even get a 'I love you' from both of them!;)
    I really want to know what the writers have planned for Eric's returns. an old case?underwater recovery? calleigh going missing? i mean, they have to think up 7 different reasons! If Eric leaves town then will Eric's first appearence be popping in the lab as a surprise? or waiting at Cal's place?...I'd prefer the second option! lol.

14. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

thanks AJ & ec4evr for the head's up!:thumbsup:
    thanks La_Llorona ... cool site:thumbsup:
    thanks bogglesthemind for sharing with us the content of the sneak peek!:thumbsup:

I'm still very excited about the coming episode, hoping its gonna be a good one for E/C! I'm really gonna miss Eric til his return though:(

Have a Great day Guys!:)

15. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

Hey all!!
    Does anyone know of a website where I can watch full episodes of CSIs?? I have tried several but they will only play for USresidents, not poor little me in the UK. I am desperate to catch up and watch this next episode soon! We're so far behind, only on 7.16, and cant believe i am wanting to watch him leave already when for us they have only just got together. I was trying to not think about it and just enjoy their together time but ITS SO SAD!!! :( CBS need their heads banging if they split up the best couple ever on TV - I will cry without a doubt! HipHuggers forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxC/Exxxxxxxx Please have some good "lovers" moments in erics still to come episodes!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.