Episode 8x21 - 'Meltdown' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 30, 2010.

1. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

For any Canadians out there, the episode will be aired at 8pm on CTV. However if you miss it, you can still catch it at 10 on CBS

2. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Lucky them, I wish I were in Canada every monday, lol:lol:.

3. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

I'm so happy when i heard about it bc i'm always watching Castle at 10 and have to wait for the next day to watch csi miami and it make me sad lol but now i will be able to watch my 2 favorite shows in the night :p SCORE !!:p

4. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Great to see Jake again! Even now his role as an undercover cop is questioned

Natalia figuring out Eric was investigating the lab was good and I'm glad the writers are being consistent about Natalia's hearing problem

All in all a good episode, the only thing that I thought didn't make sense was when Natalia and Calleigh the victim's girlfriend. They doubted that he was buying a ring, didn't anyone question the man who worked at the jewellery store? He would've told them that the victim was there buying an engagement ring

The ending was interesting and definately a preview of things to come

5. luf100

luf100 Coroner

H sounded SO normal and surprised when he asked where the robbers went. I was like o_O.

JAAAKE. I'm so excited over him being back. :adore:

They mentioned Natalia's hearing problem. They remembered!

Ryan looks... so. freaking. good. :drool:

Walter talking back at Stetler, I love it.

Jake? Eric? Stetler? Natalia talking about being the FBI informant? Wow, this episode reminds me of the old days.

Eric is so shoving the fact that he's with Calleigh in Jake's face right now. "SHE showed me how she made these, she does this and that with them..." Jake is like :rolleyes:.

Best ending of the entire season right there. I loved it so much. (Except for the Natalia part, but before that.) Nat, Cal, Ryan, Eric, plus Walter. Then Stetler and Jake being in the episode too? It seemed like an older episode, with the original CSI's of Miami plus two. :lol:

So I loved this episode, I think I might even go as far as to say it's my favourite of the entire season. It felt like season 5 again (in my opinion at least). This was the first episode of the season I was actually excited for and was looking forward to seeing and it didn't disappoint me.

So, according to spoilers, the diamonds are found in Ryan's apartment? Or did they scrap that idea? Cuz I haven't exactly been paying a ton of attention to the spoilers. Since the diamonds are still missing and Eric is now looking for them, is that still gonna happen?

ETA: Actually I went back and looked at the spoiler reference thread and it does say that, but not until like 8.23. So never mind! :D

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  6. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

luf100, I loved Walter talking back to Stetler too. The entire team is like that, Stetler doesn't scare them and I love it! I also love that H sticks with his team that is a great boss

Speaking of H, lol at his reaction when they disappeared.

ETA: In the end both Calleigh and Ryan saying they were tired was interesting, but I highly doubt either of them helped the crooks. Calleigh is too loyal for that and Ryan wouldn't risk his career again.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I only saw the first segment before the credits, but I just wanted to say that those robbers sounded like warped Darth Vader voices. :lol: I couldn't understand a dang thing they were saying. It all sounded like gibberish to me.

I think Calleigh saying she's tired may be to make people think she's gonna leave her job. With the finale ep taking place at a college or whatever, I've been wondering if they were gonna try to say that Calleigh may be tempted to quit her job as a CSI and take a teaching job instead. Remember Ryan saying that he took one of her classes? If they did write her out (I doubt she's leaving, but just hypothetical) her leaving to go teach would be a good way to do it as opposed to the way Speed or Cooper/Tara were written out. But anyway, I think Calleigh deciding whether or not she wants to remain a CSI could be one of the cliffhangers... but of course most likely she'll stay. Sara almost left her CSI job for an FBI job once, but she ended up staying. So, just saying that this may be what they're doing to add more drama. You never really know about these writers. :lol:

8. nsynckal

nsynckal Hit and Run

I really loved this episode. At first I was worried about Jake being back but it wasn't bad. I wonder how he knew about Eric and Calleigh though? Unless she told him when she took him to the hospital.. in which case I think it would have been interesting to see that. And I absolutely loved the scene with Eric and Calleigh... he was so jealous and it was so hot! Even though he's always hot! lol And I think when she said that she was going home cuz she was tired... she didn't mean it. I mean the look she was giving him didn't say she was tired. (Plus she was obviously ready to go out for drinks) And what did he say? Save some? Or something like that? And I loved the playfulness between Ryan and Eric about him being the new guy. That was great. The only thing I didn't like was the tension between Eric and Natalia. He looked so sad. ;( I mean obviously he's not doing the investigation to try to hurt anybody on the team. He's trying to help. And it sucks that she doesn't trust that. Cuz I mean come on it's Eric! Anyway those are my thoughts.. in case anybody cares lol.

9. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

You know I was thinking about the ultimate betrayal that will affect Horatio and maybe Eric lied to Natalia about Horatio knowing he is watching the lab. Maybe he figures if she thinks Horatio knows then she won't bring it up around him.

This episode was amazing and I just loved Jesse! I know not many people are fans of him, but I honestly like him. Everyone was absolutely amazing in this episode and the ending was awesome, with the whole team wanting to go out. It's nice to see Ryan teasing Eric about being the new guy! Poor Natalia just doesn't know what to make of Eric wearing a wire and he did look sad that she doesn't really trust him anymore. Excited for next week's episode though and the continuation of the stolen diamonds case.

10. kljmiami

kljmiami Dead on Arrival

I actually screamed "Jake is back"!!!
    And may I add, that boy looks good enough to eat:drool:
    I have always prefered Jake as a love interest for Calleigh over Eric and after the Eric/ Jake and the special bullets scene where Eric is doing that sniffy, jealous thing he does that just makes me cringe I have to say I will be ecstatic to see Calleigh let Eric go.

I know Adam is leaving the show, does anyone know if Johnny Whitworth is sticking around for awhile??

That being said, kinda crazy that we have a role reversal with Eric working as an undercover sniffing around the lab while only Nat knows what he is up to. I think the scene where Calleigh finds out will be the defining moment of their relationship. I cant wait:devil:

11. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Well, I have to say, I really, really enjoyed this episode! Far more than I expected to. I especially enjoyed:

- the beginning with Horatio's "WTF?" face. :p
    - the interesting twist on the jewelry heist: they wanted gold, not diamonds. That's pretty smart. You can melt it down and it's untraceable.
    - Walter (loved him talking back to Stetler!) :cool:
    - Ryan ("somebody stole the stolen diamonds!") :lol:
    - Ooh, hello there Mr. Berkeley. Lookin' mighty fine! :drool:
    - Eric and Jake's interaction. Not-quite-jealous-Eric is kind of cute.
    - Eric and Calleigh's interaction. So cute. Could her smile be any wider and more adorable? :adore:
    - Team interaction! Going out for a drink! And, as an added bonus, no indication of Jesse!

One thing I didn't like: Natalia, in that last scene. Not cool. I got that in the scene she shared with Eric, she was genuinely concerned about him and the lab. That was fine. But coming up with the idea to go out for drinks, then back out when Eric happens to be coming along? That's a little petty. She, of all people, knows what it's like to be put in the unwanted position of crime lab snoop. And Eric is someone she's known for some time. He's not an untrustworthy noob, and his girlfriend would kick his ass and shoot him with her handmade Russian-primed ammo if he crossed over to the "dark side" for real.

I suppose I understand not wanting to go out for drinks and feeling like you're keeping a secret from your coworkers. So maybe I'm reading a little too much into this. To be honest, I don't think it's really Natalia that bugs me. It's what the writers made her into. I don't think the real Natalia would've been like "oh, nvm, tired, kthxbaiguys!". She would've made a little face, given Eric a look, and swallowed her uneasiness and enjoyed the company of her three other coworkers and some good booze.

Actually, Adam will be back full-time for Season 9. Currently, there has been no news or anything to indicate that Johnny Whitworth will appear in future episodes. Of course, it's still possible, but very unlikely for the rest of this season. His name has not been in any the press releases for the remaining episodes.

12. kljmiami

kljmiami Dead on Arrival

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kljmiami [​IMG]
    I know Adam is leaving the show, does anyone know if Johnny Whitworth is sticking around for awhile??

13. nsynckal

nsynckal Hit and Run

14. nsynckal

nsynckal Hit and Run

YEP!!!! That was announced like a month ago. SO AWESOME!!!!

15. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Actually I took Natalia's behavior at the end to be more about her hearing aid and uneasiness than pettiness. Eric may still have been wired; imagine her having to sit all night in agony because of it interfering with her hearing aid. And the knowledge that anything that was said that night in a moment of fun could be recorded and used against them. Eric has her believing that Horatio is in on it, so she's less inclined to warn anyone.

With that out of the way, I really liked this one! Everyone felt a little more natural tonight, for lack of better phrasing. DC especially. His WTF moment was priceless. It's not often we see Horatio genuinely flabbergasted. I kinda was hoping that someone would tease him about losing them, too. Tho I hafta say that I knew the gf had to be involved. I've never seen that particular actress play a good girl before. And the jewelry manager was Tuvoc!!! How awesome! :vulcan: