Episode #504 'If Looks Could Kill' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Information obtained from The Futon Critic. Thanks as always, to TFC. :)

CSI: MIAMI
    Air Date: Monday, October 09, 2006
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#502) "If Looks Could Kill"

"If Looks Could Kill" -- When a male model is murdered, the CSIs must enter the high stakes world of modeling in order to find the killer, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, Oct. 9 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Scott Lautanen directed the episode written by Ildy Modrovich & Barry O'Brien. (Previously scheduled for an earlier date)

Rob Estes ("Melrose Place") guest stars.

A male model is run over by a car and the CSIs discover that his good looks may have cost him his life. But when another male model falls to his death, Horatio and the team must find their connection before another murder occurs. Meanwhile, Natalia's abusive ex-husband (Estes) is released from jail and begins stalking her at the lab.

SERIES REGULARS:

Horatio Caine: David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne: Emily Procter
    Eric Delko: Adam Rodriguez
    Alexx Woods: Khandi Alexander
    Ryan Wolfe: Jonathan Togo
    Det. Frank Tripp: Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista: Eva La Rue

RECURRING CAST:

Dan Cooper: Brendan Fehr
    Valera: Boti Bliss

GUEST CAST:

Abby Biggs: Joelle Carter
    Janet Sterling: Kari Wuhrer
    Jason Hollings: Jay Kenneth Johnson
    Nick Townsend: Rob Estes
    Steve Dixon: Shel Rasten
    Bob Norwood: Joseph D. Reitman
    Ian Sutter: Willie Garson
    Cody Lane: Benjamin Patterson
    Danny Walters: Robin Atkin Downes
    Tina: Rochelle Ovitt
    Todd: Lucas Babin
    Jimmy: Mario Di Donato

2. webbyshadow

webbyshadow Dead on Arrival

sounds a good episode but i rly dnt wanna hear about Natilia's ex.. its like shes a damsel in distress!! i mean seriously do you anyone who would wanna stalke her?!! no offense to the people who like natalia! eva la rue is cool though!
    the model story lines sounds alright as well...

3. MegantheMonster

MegantheMonster Police Officer

Could it be another boring storyline...

Oh, I think so.

I don't care that Boa Vista gets stalked. I've seen a enough about her already. Make her go away! Now she gets an entire episode.

I hope Calleigh saves the day at least. She would kick some stalker ass. Whooha.

Megan

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

WOW.

A model is murdered...Again...

What happened to the 'geriatric dudes who dig the weather'? I want to see some 85 year old guy get hit by a Boeing 747, and then it turns out the plane had a bomb in it, but the bomb was inside a person, and that person survived, but the bomb didn't go off and they need to find the person, and difuse the bomb before half of Coconut Grove explodes. ....Too much? :p

I just don't want to see some perfect male model get killed by some person who was too ugly to get into the agency so they took it out on the model who really had nothing to do with anything.. :rolleyes:

Not to say, that that's going to happen but it seems pretty predictable.

5. MegantheMonster

MegantheMonster Police Officer

No. I say the killer is some drug dealer or evil plastic surgeon. Because according to Miami only models, actors, plastic sugerons and drug dealers live in Miami... Oh, and the occasional old person.

C'mon. Do me something better already.

Megan

6. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Re: Episode #504 'If Looks Could Kill' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS

There are no old people in Miami. Or fat people. Or ugly people. That would be completely anti-American and I curse at you two for even suggesting such travesties.

The Natalia storyline is gonna suck. ass. You know you have a useless character when you have to make up extremely over dramatic storylines to keep her 'interesting'. If they want me to feel sympathy for her I'm afraid they're gonna fail. Right now, I'm rooting for the psychotic, stalking ex-husband. He sounds like he's a fun guy at parties.

Funny thing is, in the original script:

Eric is working with Natalia but he doesn't feel much sympathy for her when psycho ex-husband shows up. Psycho ex-husband actually warns Eric about Natalia, telling him something like, "let me guess, she slept with you and then betrayed you" (or something like that). Ex-hubby tells Eric that Natalia ruined him and that she's trouble. Ex-husband actually warns Natalia to stay away from him, because he's just trying to do his job. So by the end of the episode, Eric is very much uninterested in the Natalia drama and doesn't seem to mind her ex.

Saddest part is, I get the feeling they're gonna change all that to make Natalia the sweet little victim like the walking Lifetime movie she is. It's a pity, too, because it would've been great, nay, AWESOME if Natalia was lying and the victim was, in fact, her ex-husband. Wouldn't that be original and fresh?

7. Jiffyjazzy

Jiffyjazzy Captain

It would be original and fresh...and that is why it will never happen on CSI: Miami.

8. fashion_savant

fashion_savant Victim

i hope eric gets over the whole natalia thing and moves on...shes too melodramatic look at me

9. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

Thats the most unrealistic thing about CSI:Miami. They never use real people. Sure there are beautiful people in the world and sure Miami has beautiful people there, but like any other American city there is an obese pig, shriveled up prune, or a Nanny Mcphee somewhere hiding.

10. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

You think so? :lol: Wouldn't know it by watching Miami. :lol:

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I actually want to see the part with Natalia and her ex-husband, from the promo it doesn't look like she is much of a "sweet victim" as a very ticked off ex-wife who doesn't like be the object of a moronic psycho stalking abusive jail-bird jerk who doesn't have anything better to do then to make someones life a living hell. -- I do hope they deal with the storyline with respect that this subject needs.

12. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

Exactly.

13. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I totally agree with you Destiny. Sometimes these stories are treated with such disregard. To me it doesn't matter what the wife has done or hasn't done, she does not deserve to be abused. I'm hoping this story here doesn't leave a bad taste in people's mouths cause of the way it was handled. So, heres hoping they handle it with kid gloves but also get the message across at the same time. Hope I made sense here. :lol:

14. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

one and a half day left until it aires. hopefully rob estes kills nbv in the show and it is all over and csi: miami can move on improving like they were doing in the first three epi's

it is kinda cool since here in the netherlands we just had the episode that Ryan asks NBV out for diner and Eric is kinda pissed about it all!... (I follow it on CBS though!)

15. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Uh. no. We're gonna see that one on Tuesday (dead air) SO we didn't see it yet. Unless you watch it online. :D I wonder if the whole episode (ilck) is gonna evolve around Natalia. If so...ugh. :rolleyes: