Discuss CSI: LV DVD/Blu-Ray 'Extras' - Seasons 1-9

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Speedystokesgirl, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I, for one am happy, because it probably gave Eric more screen time than he would have had.

2. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Thanks for sharing Dizzney!! I've decided I'm getting my hands on the box set and I don't care how much it costs me!! :lol: It's not even on stock lists in the shops here in Ireland!!

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Now here's a video that Blackflag posted in The Ward and this is a perfect example of what I'd like to see as an extra.

I wish it showed the actual filming.

I hope one day they'll show a day in filming of CSI or and episode. See them getting prepared for the scene, just like this one did and then the actual filming of it. That would be cool.

4. Ankeila

Ankeila Rookie

Gerald has some more behind the scenes videos on his site if you haven't been there yet, here's one in which you can see Eric and George filming a scene.

That's the kinda stuff I wish was on the DVD, and bloopers!

I like commentaries, too bad there are just two.

5. Dizzney

Yeah I wish they had that kind of stuff too. I also wish all the CSI's have an episode commentary like the Lab Rats always get to do the last two seasons on the DVD.

6. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I think my favorite episode commentaries were for "Lady Heather's Box" and "Weeping Willows". I loved hearing about the idea behind LHB and all the little side stories of them making the episode. As for WW, I love Marg's voice, so that was fun to listen to for that simple reason. Seriously, though, as a fan of hers, it was fun to hear her talk about the episode and the storyline she kinda suggested to them.

I actually haven't watched any of the longer extras except the Goodbye Grissom one (which I will keep my opinions to myself about) and the one on the first season with the Who's musical video. I mostly get the DVDs for the episode commentary, but maybe I'll start watching those....

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Apologize if this has been posted somewhere else: itunes has a FREE download of 'A Look Back', clips from season 9.

Also, ebay has some good prices on season 9 dvd's. I ordered mine from there for just $30. It's been shipped, so hope to get it in early next week.
    They also have earlier seasons at great prices for those who need to catch up.

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Cool, thanks for the info. *goes to itunes*

9. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Can someone tell me exactly which Season 9 episodes have commentary?
    I saw that you mentioned Turn, Turn, Turn but which others?

10. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I don't have a copy myself but I believe from what others have said, A Space Oddity does as well. I believe it's most of the Lab Rats and maybe the episode writers doing the commentary.

11. Dizzney

Yep that is it...only two commentaries. Really bummed me out.

12. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

There are two, no, three commentaries I'd love to see: 1, Eric Szmanda reviewing clips showing his progress from wacky lab tech to serious Level 3 CSI; 2, Paul Guilfoyle reviewing the perp walk in Fur And Loathing (specifically, how many takes were required?); and 3, someone from the main cast -- WP, GE, anybody! -- explaining what it was like to film the opening sequence of 35000 OBO. Of course, there'd probably need to have a language advisory on that last one, if the commentator was being completely honest.:)

13. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Just two? How disappointing.

I would've also loved to see commentary on For Warrick, The Grave Shift and One to Go.

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Re: Discuss CSI: LV DVD/Blu-Ray 'Extras' - Seasons 1-10

So I thought I bump this thread up. As Season 10 has come to an end, what kind of extras would you like to see or not see for the DVD/Blu-Ray collection?

Well, I would love to see some outtakes, of course! ;)

Deleted scenes and/or extended scenes would be nice.

Since it has been 10 years, how looking at the original cast and how they've grown and change in the last 10 years. I talking about Catherine, Nick, Brass, Greg.

I'm sure they'll put a 'the making of the opening' for 'Family Affair'. Show them actually shooting it. I know there was a video, but the with dvd's they could show more.

As for commentaries I would like to see the 'boys' do one for 'Appendicitement' :lol: (some outtakes of this one could be fun), George and Lost and Found.

Something I wish they'd do is give a couple of video cameras to like Marg, George, Paul, Eric, or the labrats and just have them film some 'home movies' on the set. See them in their trailers, goofing around on set, play pranks, etc. That really could be cool to see.

So what do you want to see?

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Bloopers!! :lol: I would love to see some outtakes.

Let's see...since they did a whole extra on "Goodbye, Sara", think they'll do a whole extra on "Welcome back, Sara"??

And I've always wanted to see behind the scenes....setting up the scene, the actors getting made up, the direction for a scene. That kind of stuff fascinates me.

I always enjoy the commentaries too. :)