Danny & Rikki - But This Is My Shirt

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by xPORCELAINDOLLx, Apr 10, 2008.

1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I like that idea of Danny telling Lindsay at a basketball game. And if she misses being called Montana, then obviously there is something strained in their relationship..

I also think that Danny couldn't feel he could go to Lindsay about how he felt about Ruben.
    Something was amiss with Danny and Lindsay before this happened with Rikki.
    The only person who could really understand his pain was Rikki. And that made it all the hotter. :drool:

2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I just realized I posted the same screencap twice. Me bad. :eek: :lol: But what the hey, Danny and Rikki kissing is one hot sight!

[​IMG]

(I have 47 screencaps of the scene and a run down of the dialogue here, if anyone's interested. :))

If csifan's spoilers in the spoiler thread in the NY forums are valid, Lindsay will definitely know about Rikki in episode 18. The basketball game is in episode 19. However, it would be just as interesting if Danny only tells Lindsay about Rikki during the game. Less chance of her making a scene if they're surrounded by tons of people, huh? :lol: ;)

Yep, it was certainly proven by Lindsay's monologue in episode 16 that Danny did not go to Lindsay at all about the situation involving Ruben. I agree with you, something was amiss probably long before Ruben died. Ruben's untimely passing seemed to me to have simply accelerated what had always been building between Danny and Rikki.

And how's this for terribly bittersweet: It was evident in 4x11 that Danny cared very much for Ruben. If Ruben hadn't passed away, and Danny and Rikki came together anyway, they would have made a very sweet family. :(

3. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

That's definately true :( The three of them would have made the perfect loving family, given more time to let the relationship between Rikki and Danny build naturally, rather than having it accelerated by Ruben's death. Even now though, the two of them have such perfect chemistry and what seems to me to be obvious love for one another that I could see a future for them down the line somewhere, whether it be a relationship or something bigger. Knowing CSI shows though I don't know if they'll get that far, ecspecially with the record this show has with continuity, but its definately worth exploring. Does anyone know if Rikki is going to be in more episodes this season?

4. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Unfortunately from what we have seen she was not listed as a comeback. But there is Season 5 to come and there is hope. I think that many would agree with me that quality is better than quantity.

The joking that Rikki mentioned that took place between the two of them definitely included flirtation. And they were close because I wouldn't let my son on the hands of my neighbor, cop or not, without knowing him better.

5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Absolutely. :thumbsup: Even more so in the case of this show!

The part where she mentioned Danny being the guy she smiled at and the guy she joked with implied to me that there was already attraction between them before Ruben's passing. So yeah, definitely something that has been growing between them for some time. And yes, I agree they had to be close for Rikki to leave Ruben in Danny's care, cop or not.

And of all the people to ask to go for a bike christening ... Danny? Just a neighbor who's smiled at and joked with now and then? ;)

Anyways, here are some lyrics I thought might be appropriate for the relationship so far:

I wake up in the morning, put on my face
    The one that's gonna get me through another day
    Doesn't really matter how I feel inside
    This life is like a game sometimes

But then you came around me, the walls just disappeared
    Nothing to surround me, and keep me from my fears
    I'm unprotected, see how I've opened up
    Oh, you've made me trust

'Cause I've never felt like this before
    I'm naked, around you, does it show?
    You see right through me, and I can't hide
    I'm naked, around you
    And it feels so right

I'm tyring to remember, why I was afraid
    To be myself and let the covers fall away
    I guess I never had someone like you,
    To help me, to help me fit in my skin

I never felt like this before
    I'm naked, around you, does it show?
    You see right through me, and I can't hide
    I'm naked, around you
    And it feels so right

I'm so naked around you
    And I can't hide
    You're gonna, you're gonna see right through
    (see right through me and I can't hide)
    You're gonna see right through
    Oh yeah yeah

I'm so naked around you
    And I can't hide
    You're gonna see right through, baby

(It's Naked, by Avril Lavigne.)

6. ladyhunter

Kimmychu those lyrics are perfect. I need to find some now :p

and I read your review of the episode. It's very helpful to know the dialouge, it makes writing the fic that much easier.

I really hope that we do see more of Rikki. She and Danny have a connection (it's obvious by the screen caps :drool: )

I really really hope they don't drop this storyline. I want some resolution to Danny's 'relationship' wih Lindsay and how he really feels about Rikki.

7. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I've always loved that song, and now I like it even more *goes to winamp*

And a very strong one if I might add. I have watched the episode one more time and payed a closer attention to details. How can you not like them when they managed to transmit their passion out of the TV sets :D

8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Question time!

As of 4x16, the jury is still out on whether Danny and Lindsay are in a relationship. Since Danny and Rikki seem to be in the beginning of something (as Carmine himself put it in his interview) ...

If Danny chooses to be with Rikki, where will they go from the scene in 4x16 and how far do you think they may go?

9. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Made something for the new thread

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are some icons in the NY thread. I too seen the passion between them, the look, the softness of "please....be my Angel, as I am wanting to be yours:)

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Well, here's some interesting news for those of you who read spoilers...

Rikki is listed as being in this episode! I have to say, I thought there was a good chance she might not be coming back after 416, so I'm glad to see she's going to show up again.

11. cSiNyFrEaK30

Yessss!!!! I'm glad to read about that....

12. ladyhunter

To answer you Kimmychu, obviously they took the next step and ... well we all know what happened :p. I hope that Danny talks with her about where they would like it to go. Surely Rikki doesn't want to give up Danny either. I think they mean too much to each other. :D

Here is some more lyrics for Danny and Rikki. They are in each others' arms trying to keep out the hurt of the outside world.

You and Me By Lifehouse

What day is it? And in what month?
    This clock never seemed so alive
    I can't keep up and I can't back down
    I've been losing so much time

Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do
    Nothing to lose
    And it's you and me and all of the people
    And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

All of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right
    I'm tripping on words
    You've got my head spinning
    I don't know where to go from here

Nothing to prove

There's something about you now
    I can't quite figure out
    Everything she does is beautiful
    Everything she does is right

Nothing to lose
    and me and all of the people with nothing to do
    Nothing to prove

What day is it?
    And in what month?
    This clock never seemed so alive

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Wow! :eek: I did NOT expect Rikki to return at all! This is good news indeed! Means we have more Danny/Rikki scenes to look forward to ... although right now, there is the big possibility she's going to part ways with Danny. I'm not sure. There are other spoilers that indicate it might not be the case. Guess we'll see, eh? :)

hhunter, those are lovely lyrics! :) I do enjoy listening to that song whenever it plays on the radio!

I love those lines. :D It is so true that Danny could hardly keep his eyes off Rikki. He kept touching foreheads with her and looking into her eyes the whole time in their scene. The only time he didn't was when Rikki was telling him it wasn't his fault Ruben passed away. :( It was so obvious Danny still believed that.

Well, if the spoilers are true ... we just might see something like that. :D

14. cSiNyFrEaK30

The intensity both of them had in their eyes in that scene was breathtaking...his eyes never leave her face the whole time except for when they were speaking about Ruben and his guilt shows through again. Even in his one night of sex with Lindsay, I never saw him look at her with the same passion that he looks at Rikki in this scene...in fact, I've never seen it throughout the entire time we're supposed to think they are together.

I do hope so. Their chemistry would be a great thing to continue, and it would be good for the show to have a real and true chemistry ridden relationship playing out between its characters. Even if they aren't in a relationship, just seeing them on the screen together would be amazing, and it would keep the Ruben storyline alive, and keep the fact that Danny will never truly forgive himself for what happened with Ruben.

15. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:) Oh yes, the intensity and honesty and intimacy was amazing! Not to mention the way they kept touching each other with caresses and strokes. If it had been 'just sex' like Rikki claimed, they would not have bothered being so affectionate and caring towards each other that way. And Danny even wanted to cook her his Messer omeletted masterpiece! :lol: Hey, is it true for women as for men, that a way to a woman's heart is through her stomach? ;)

I agree with this, and to show visual evidence:

[​IMG]

Can you feel the electricity, people? *BZZZT!* :lol: Their chemistry is excellent stuff! :D

Oh yeah, the scene in 4x16 proved that very well. :) About Danny never truly forgiving himself ... I am hopeful that one day soon, he will. Definitely won't be easy, but if Rikki has already done so, and if TPTB shows her continuing to help him deal, he may very well do so one day. :) He seems to gain strength from her and from caring for her and easing her pain.