Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Good morning!

So, I'm not seeing a rush of posts Danny bashing. I'm assuming so far, so good? If last week was anything to go by, Ican only see this as an upside :D

Fill me in! :lol: *sprays pink fog in anticipation* ;)

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Please, let's not assume why other posters like the character of Rikki. Also, this has nothing to do in relation to Danny/Lindsay and needs to be kept out of this thread. thanks :)

Episode 19 is the one with the spoiler about Danny and Rikki starting fresh but it did not indicate if they would be starting fresh together as a couple or starting fresh as separately. It could go one of three ways: 1. Danny/Rikki become a couple 2. Danny/Lindsay work thinks out and decide to date or 3. Rikki either leaves the city or moves away and Danny and Lindsay decide to remain friends, hence a fresh start for all three of them.

3. Dims

Dims Hit and Run

Ok....im sorry you are right....wont happen again!:)

as for the spoiler
    after watching last nights ep im somehow leaning towards your scenario number 1 but anyhow....it has actually stopped irritating me so much so as long as Lindsay is treated right i really i will continue watching for her....but sth more i wanted clarification on....the spoiler that said that in this next ep with the school and the fresh start...didnt also include the source adding that Danny and Lindsay argue over Rikki or sth to that extend? Im beginning to believe i actually imagined the whole thing...

4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Guys, I know none of us like Rikki, and you all should know by now how I feel on the matter, but this is the D/L thread, and the last thing I want to do is discuss her here, so if you please, unless it pertains to D/L, just don't mention it, kay? We have no need to be discussing her -- because we know how good D/L is and that is all that matters :)
    Last night's episode was...for lack of a better word, confusing (yes, TPTB still need to work on making things clear). Personally, I think the 'talk' has passed, because we saw Lindsay and Danny quoting Jaws to each other, and then Lindsay suddenly closes up, says "this is hard", and leaves the room (leaving out the evidence she was working on).

From that scene, I gather Danny told her, and although she's trying to make it easy on the both of them, it's clearly hurting her on the inside. Danny seems, well...clueless since he suggested they rent the movie (which I think implies they watch it together -- otherwise he would have said I should rent the movie, not we) :confused:

So Lindsay's hurting and Danny's back to flirting with her? :wtf: That's where the confusing part comes in. If they were together, did they break up? And if so, is Danny in some sort of denial (aka. the George/Callie thing in Grey's) ? Lindsay's pretty hurt throughout the entire episode, and I don't think she would be that hurt if nothing happened between last night's ep and last weeks. She was pissed off at Danny, yes, but this is different. She really regrets falling for him -- and she told Mac it was stupid (who, btw, was more concerned about her than the fact that she broke protocol by leaving out evidence :) )

So now, we're basically left in some kind of limbo for the next two weeks as everyone analyses every single detail to determine the state of their relationship. (Darn you TPTB!) Of course, I'm only assuming that Lindsay knows, it could be very well that she doesn't and is just upset that Danny's affecting her work (in the not so good way).

But I'm inclined to believe she does know, she's far too hurt (and it seems she may have taken the self-blame route, rather than anger towards Danny) for all of this to be just about Danny pushing her away. And the fact that Danny's suddenly flirting with her (or acting like they're a couple) seems to me like he's still trying to make it work, she she isn't.

*sigh* There's TPTB for you -- they can make you angry, sad, happy, AND confused -- all very effectively. :lol:

As for the spoilers, I hope we get some kind of talk between them in 418 (and maybe that's why the episode's also called 'Admissions' ;)) because they clearly need it to balance out their ground. Apparently there will be some tension between the two of them and Rikki will be mentioned (unconfirmed source).

But, the episode it self is going to be pretty Lindsay-centric I believe, with the death of a teenage girl or something. Maybe she's not faring too well, and Danny wants to help but she won't let him - which leads to some kind of moment between them, and ends with a resolution? I hope so...because it's the only thing that would fit the appearance of the basketball game at the start of 419.

Either way, I remain happy and optimistic :)

5. Dims

Dims Hit and Run

I totally find it impossible that he told her and she is acting like that. She was upset and hurt and didnt want to to even look at him when she confessed her feelings and was upset cause he ditched her for lunch....and she would make it so easy for him to even suggest watch a movie together if he had told her what happened with Rikki?

i just believe there would be more sth more that would shows us what happened....like for eaxmple
    the title of the next ep ''Admissions'' which i dont find coincidental

and even though im not as upset as the last time i still believe it needs some serious nerve to actually propose a film 'date' even friendly so soon to someone you hurt and you know they are in love with you. I find it cold and inconsiderate.

edited to add:

i was watching the scene between them again and i think it is very telling the way he says ''we should rent it''...this ''we'' and the fact he doesnt talk about ''renting it some time'' means they were seing each other often and he thinks of them in a term of ''we'' if that made any sense....it is also telling the way he watches her when he asks her that....which to me showed he wanted to see her reaction...that is why he is watching her all the time he is asking the question and waits not leaving her eyes so as to see her answer.....

i hope he slowly realises he seriously f***ed up!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  6. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^But the thing is, we don't know how long it's been between that scene and her telling him she's fallen in love with him.

It could be that she doesn't know, it's possible, but whatever it is, she's clearly upset and Lindsay usually keeps it under control unless something is really bothering her (ie. Silent Night).

And I don't think, even if she does find out, she'd be that angry. She's more likely to blame herself for not being able to be the person Danny could turn to - she's gone through survivor's syndrome before - and it's not hard for someone like to her to continue on blaming herself when it wasn't their fault to begin with.

And if Lindsay knew about Rikki, she still has no choice in working with Danny - to me Lindsay was trying to get back to normal with him, I know I tried to do that with my ex and it didn't work very well either. At least she's trying to get things back to normal -- but whatever hurt, however deep -- isn't letting her :(

I wanted to give her a hug throughout the entire episode...

Depends how long it's been, and Lindsay's pretending to be fine -- and Danny is confused and clueless. You can't exactly either one of them. They REALLY need to talk! It's so frustrating to watch them like that.

As for 418, I highly doubt they could go from exposing Danny's affair with Rikki, and then to solving whatever it is between them, AND go on a date in 419. It makes no sense at all - and I'd rather believe Lindsay already knows, but we only see her proper reaction to it in 419. ::shrugs:: Like I said...it's all confusing.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  7. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

Gaelen I agree with you. I was really confused because I was wondering...ok did they have the talk or not. I really hate it when TPTB do this. They absolutely confuse (I think I am spelling that wrong) us by doing this to us.:wtf:

And, I really am trying to get Danny. I fell like he is staying in her face flirting and asking her to watch the movie with him, so that he thinks....hey, get her in an apartment, watch a movie, make my move, get lucky. And for the record....if thinking that way, he sure as heck can't take her to his place, for the simple fact, the minute the door closes....well here comes you know who.

Oh Danny, you have SOOO much to learn about SMART NON-CLINGY women, hun.:brickwall: I was hoping Mac would call Danny in his office and say....What have you done now. Lindsay is making MAJOR no no's and it seems to be when you're around. And, perhaps Mac pairing them up on the next episode is his way of saying....Fix it.:scream:

I think Mac realizes they are good for each other. I think him saying...I don't get involved in my teams personal lives is his way of saying....I don't mind them being together. I think he really knows that Lindsay is great for Danny in the fact that she settles him down and makes him want to do better. :) Well, we are told it is all good from here on, so lets see how things start progressing.

BTW are we NOT having an episode next Wed, because here, on our station we saw NO previews for next week. Let me know

8. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^No next week is a repeat of 4x10: The Thing About Heroes. (I think -- according to the Futon Critic anyway).

I don't think that was his intention at all - I think he just genuinely wanted to spend time with her. I dunno, maybe I'm just being overly optimistic but it doesn't seem to me, for Danny to want nothing more than to just get in her pants, to be in his proper character (grief aside). Yeah, I really think it was just him, wanting to watch a movie with her (like couples do?), on the other hand, Lindsay's trying to distance herself from him - emotionally (because she has no control over the physical part).

I'd like to think so :) Danny's definitely changed from annoying in season 1 to a much more likeable character since Lindsay's arrival. Woo! Go Linds!

I can't wait for the next episode - I'm eager to know what happens next!!! (Darn repeat! So much for straight episodes to the finale!)

9. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

[quote Gaelen]I don't think that was his intention at all - I think he just genuinely wanted to spend time with her. I dunno, maybe I'm just being overly optimistic but it doesn't seem to me, for Danny to want nothing more than to just get in her pants, to be in his proper character (grief aside). Yeah, I really think it was just him, wanting to watch a movie with her (like couples do?), on the other hand, Lindsay's trying to distance herself from him - emotionally (because she has no control over the physical part).

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Yeah, and Danny really needs to convince her that she's not making a mistake in loving him. But now, the more I think about it, maybe Lindsay doesn't know but suspects that Danny may have gone elsewhere for comfort. I don't know, we're just going to have to wait until the next episode airs to find out.

I hate the fact that it's affecting Lindsay's work - and that's probably more so because they haven't specifically defined what's between them. If we're confused, I think they may just be confused as we are in the status of their relationship. It would be easier for Lindsay to move on if they've had the talk and decided to part ways, or start over. It's because they're in the grey area and everyone's confused that Lindsay's work is suffering because she doesn't know what to think.

Now it seems the tables have turned and Danny's the one who's trying and not Lindsay. But I hope 418 comes with one big talk (that we will actually see) so that everything can be thrown out into the open.

Can we get them locked into a broom cupboard or something? :p I can't think of a better way to get them to talk. :)

11. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Have someone steal the keys to their office and lock them in there! Neither of them to leave until they have at least one meaningful conversation!

I was confused with this episode, Danny is way too hot and cold for me. One episode he doesn't care and then now BAM! it is all, "I am about to lose (or already have?) the best thing to me, so let's be as charming as possible!"

If I was Lindsay I would be confused and dizzy from Danny's mood swings! (I swear he is more hormonal than a pregnant woman!:p)

12. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i said this in my review on the ep: if D/L are going to be this awkward and confused around each other TPTB should just end it for a while and let things cool off b/t them. when Danny said he and Lindsay should rent "Jaws" he seemed to ask more out of guilt than anything else.

i don't think Danny told Lindsay what he did with Rikki. i hope Lindsay being upset annoys him b/c of his guilt and he just tells her what happens. i'll be really sad when he tells her what he did with Rikki but in some ways it needs to come out. it needs to come out for Danny's sake to get it off his chest. i'm still saying that Lindsay should not find out but there needs to be some kind of compromise.

13. Little_Peaches

*Jumps straight on deck and whips out the Jolly Roger beside Captain!Jack Sparrow*

Good evening my gorgeous shippers! I'm gonna go with my blinded assumption here that D & LV aren't together. This in relation to what has been said about DL. Why would SMM suggest that 'we' rent Jaws if he were seeing someone else? From a completely self centred point of view - Hey let's invite my ex over to my apartment to watch a DVD with my new gf!
    Perhaps not... And before anyone accuses me (or us for those in agreement) of not being nice - this excites me because of ship is starting to look a little shiny again! :D

Off topic - aww Mac, how much do you rock?

On topic -
    Shouldn't that be Boom!? :lol: what's going on in the world when moments of realisations use the term Bam! instead of Boom!?
    Yes SMM - get the charm on but don't mess with Linds head! When you start confusing her - think of us too? You two are the only ones that know what is going on! (well theoretically speaking that is!)

Bearing in mind that the office has glass windows instead of walls can you picture someone sitting outside watching? Perhaps Adam with a tub of popcorn hoping that these crazy kids can work this out and restore his faith in happily ever afters?

It's official - DL, you gotta work things out! Not for yourself, not for us but for Adam and his traumatised past! :guffaw:

Future eps - :rolleyes: Hold on till I roll up my sleeves!

*runs about playing distressing damsel ;) with afore mentioned Captain!*

14. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

If Danny has no feelings towards Lindsay, why would he be feeling guilty? She may be mad for pushing her away but inviting her to watch a movie with him isn't exactly going to make either of them feel any better. Darn TPTB for being so confusing! From the ep, I got the feeling that Lindsay did end it, but Danny didn't seem to get the memo (again, are guys really that clueless?).

I dunno, this is just so confusing (wait till Dutch gets here, and we hear HER threories. :lol: Where are you?)
    Maybe you're right, maybe he hasn't told her, but I really hope he does. If they're going to even salvage their friendship at the very least, he can't lie to her. I'll be sad when he tells her too, but it needs to come out - the longer it's kept secret, the worse it's going to be when it comes out, and whether he likes it or not, it's going to come out, one day.
    I'm still very against her not finding out. If she does, and she finds out, then it's going to be easier for her to end it emotionally - and it wouldn't affect her work as much. There will be tension but she's going to be less likely to make mistakes at work. ::shrugs::

Who knows what the writers planning. I just hope (hey, I know) we'll pull through :)
    Goodness! I need to keep up with the acronyms! :lol: It took me a while to figure out what or who SMM was. ROFL! :lol:

15. Little_Peaches

There are probably rules with coming up with them - instead I just inflict you all with Peaches speak and hope you can figure them out :lol:

I know I'm meant to stay on topic but my head really hurts with the time scheduling so can someone tell me what the alleged time lapse is between eps Rabbit Hole & DOA? I have a feeling I may have discovered a huge BOO! on TPTB's part.

On topic - DL will live happily ever after cos I'm hijacking the script writing software. Yes, I'll throw in a teeny bit of angst every now and again to keep it interesting! Mwah x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.