Danny/Linds #12 "Country vs. City Kind of Foreplay!"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Hello all my shippy pals! **Mo waves and ducks into the thread, spraying everyone she sees with her water gun!**
    Okay I'm at work and making note of random things as I think of them...so here are some of my ramblings, I posted all this over on the D/L Chem board too...so they might look familiar! :D

At the beginning after they the "been a long time since I was stood up on a date" comment (which YAY for it being a "date"!!) His "are we okay?" and then her "yeah...sure..." (that totally brought me back to her reply to his "still want that ride?" comment, and I loved that!)

His look to her after they discuss the gum...it was totally a "what's going on...are you okay?" cute concerned type look...and then she looked at him for a sec and looked away...it was just a quick moment, but it stuck out to me for some reason! :D

Loved the sidewalk scene, totally cute! :lol: I swear it looked like they were holding hands at one point...and they seemed very couple-y in that scene to me...Linds with her hands on her hips cracked me up! And then Danny with his "I just want a slice!" lol...that was great!

As for the scene at the end of them...the more I think about it the more I really liked it. I mean it was hard and painful yes, but I'm so glad they have both of them be with honest with each other right away. So many times you'll see characters have chemistry but they never acknowledge it and then come up with excuses and lame reasons to leave or hurt eachother...but with D/L...Danny came right out and said "we have chemistry" and then Linds says she likes him but she can't be in a relationship right now...and honestly it was refreshing to me...sad for my fluffy heart of course (I want them happy, lol! :p), but the fact that she was honest and upfront with him and still said she liked him, ALOT :D...and looked like she was so heart broken over hurting him...made it okay for me. I think this makes for a much better foundation for the future relationship for them than if they'd pretended everything was great and gotten together right away.

more thoughts!
    Again I have to say both of them acted this whole ep so very well! Especially that end scene they were amazing! I LOVED Danny's "Lindsay Monroe" at the end :D, I knew it was coming and still got the biggest smile on my face! Lol! And I loved that he came right out and asked her what was going on...and then said the chemistry line...I loved that! And then his "Don't tell me you don't feel it too..." like " you really can't deny it, I KNOW you feel it too! " And the look on her face as she said her "I like you, ALOT " line...the girl is so into him y'all! :lol: I mean we knew that, but even if we didn't the look on her face in that scene made it plain as day! And I can't remember if I said this, but I loved his reaction when she said she couldn't be in a relationship with him...he got all flustered and you could almost see him thinking, "okay quick come up with something that sounds less pressuring...um...anything that will still get us together but that might be less intimidating...ahh fun, drinks..yeah!" Lol, that was too cute!

So yeah overall...I think this ep went a long way in helping and furthering our ship! I am in no way discouraged by it, in fact if anything I am please and excited by the possibilities it opened up!

Our ship is sailing y'all...it really is! Okay back to work for me....yay for our ship!!

**Mo tosses pie happily around before skipping off to work!**

2. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

Yes! thank you! I was watching her face for ever durng that scene, definate foreshadowing going on there, not gonna lie. I really think that she wants to be in a relationship with Danny, but she doesn't want her emotions getting in the way of something that will make her happy. I think she want's to wait until she knows she's okay to start a relationship. When she said "It's not you, it's me" I think she truly meant it. I thought I was going to be mad at her, but I wasn't, I honestly became so worried and afriad for her. Her face as she was explaining to him why she didn't want a relationship right now was devastating. She had to be in tears as she was walking away because she was almost in tears as her and Danny were talking. The worst part was when she just turned and walked away and didn't acknowledge him after he said that he would help her out if she needed it. You knew she was crying then, no one likes to talk when they're crying... :(

On the flip side I felt horrible for Danny. It seems way outside his boundaries to ask someone on a date, like an actual "date-date", like the kind to start a relationship. It also impressed me that after she didn't want to "date" he said "We could just hang-out..." I liked that, it's showing respect towards someone that he wants to take care of, even though she kind of shot him down. After she told him that she still had stuff to deal with even after she thought she was over it, I think he understood what she was saying, even though he probably doesn't know her secret. He did offer to help her if she needed it, which says he's not giving up on her.

On a side note, I read a post someone else wrote in a different thread that said: "Why would she let her gaurd down and flirt with Danny if she wasn't over her past?" (something along those lines). I think that she thought she was over it, so yea, it makes sense she let her gaurd down a little. Somewhere along the lines of the end of last season and the beggining of this one, she realized that she wasn't over it.

3. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Rad I totally agree! I think there is some major hinting or foreshadowing going on as far as Linds' past goes in that interrogation scene where she's watching. I definitely think they're setting it up to reveal her secret...which I think will be something about a relationship going bad or something...but yeah....as for her not answering him when he says his "if there's anything I can do" line...that was totally her trying not to break down and cry in front of him, I totally agree!

And yeah I definitely don't think Danny's giving up on her, if anything I see him pursuing her more to try and help her...hopefully!

And yeah as for her flirting with Danny before being over her past...yeah she had no way to really know if she was over those issues until she came upon a situation where she had to deal with something like what she'd dealt with in the past (which is partly why I think her past thing is relationship something or other)...and then she faced that situation and realized wow I'm not as over this as I thought I was...and now has to go back and work thru it! So yeah I just think she had no way of knowing, so she wasn't trying to mislead him or anything...I don't think that at all!

4. Misery

Misery Pathologist

Yeah, that is what bothered me the most. Why did she accept the invite to a date if she can't deal with everything? It's not like the thing between them in new. So, I hope that something did happen and that we're going to find about it later in the show.

Actually, I saw the "old" Danny here...He was flustered that she mentioned the relationship right away, and not just dating. I mean, no one can blame him. They know each other only through work, and no one can predict if they will even click in other aspects that come before the actual relationship.
    Of course, he respects her, so he understood how something is really bothering her.

I hope that Lindsay's past will come up soon!

5. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

Hello everybody!

Welcome to all newbies!!! *Waves*

I know, the "Are we okay?" line totally made me smile!
    I seriously had to get up close to the TV to see if they were holding hands or not.... but then they werern't. And I was sad... kind of. :lol:

But I thought the ending scene was great. I was so happy when Linds said, "I like you, Danny, A lot." I was like "Yes! You said a lot!" But I thought it was awesome that he confronted her like that. I've done that before and I know that it takes a lot of... courage. (I was thinking of a word but now I can't remember it! That's the second time I've done that today!) I was happy he did it though. I thought it was badly needed. I think it'll lead to the revealing of Lindsay's "Secret". I hope so, anyway.

6. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that the Shipper Central rules have been pinned to the top of the forum and they can now be found in one handy-dandy post. I urge everyone to read them and abide by them.

They can be found here

Also, please don't post only to ask if someone can pm the episodes. Don't post to complain about another thread, specifically the "Grade Love Gone Cold" in the NY forum (since it was mentioned), and don't say that there is DL bashing going on, because there's not. Everyone has a right to express their own opinions whether they are positive nor negative.

7. CSIfanaticgirl

CSIfanaticgirl Witness

Okay, the scene with the confrontation was painful :(, but not nearly as bad as I was worried it was going to be. I really liked the fact that she admitted flat out that she liked Danny "A lot". It was a nice variance from the typical "It's not you it's me" scenario that most drama's would give us. They both acknowledged their mutual feelings for each other, which should give us shippers definate hope for the future, plus the spoilers that we have been getting are also pretty promising. I get the feeling that they aren't probably going to address the issue right away after this, most likely wait a few eps, but then you never know. They have surprised us before. *fingers crossed desperately*

As for the secret that is keeping her from relationships, what if it wasn't necessarily a relationship she was in, but someone she was close to, like a family member. Maybe something happened to that family member, I'm thinking a sister, that was a little too close to what happened to the girl in "Love Run Cold". That would explain her reactions to what the killer/boyfriend said. Anyway, that is just my theory or take on this.

Moriel my dear, you look like you could use some frosting *flings bowls of pink, green, blue, orange, red and yellow frosting and runs away laughing hysterically* :lol:

8. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

Everything that I wanted to say about this episode was already said, so I'm not gonna repeat much...
    I sort of got the feeling that Danny was...flustered.. with Lindsay throughout the whole episode. I'm not sure if flustered is the right word, but everytime she was like "i have to tie up loose ends" or "I'll collect the evidence" he gave her a look that was like "what are you doing?"...
    Wow, I really don't know how to explain myself well. :lol:

I'm really hoping that either Flack or Stella will get a sense of what is going on and will talk to either one of them. That I'd pay a lot to see...

I think I'll just stop typing now, cause I just had a 10 hour school day and I can't think.

But if any of you get a chance to listen to the song The Sweetest Goodbye by Maroon 5 I think it has many D/L relations in it.

-Katie

9. Guest

Guest Guest

hmm, i'm going to stick with the idea that perhaps her ex-bf/fiance passed away somehow and maybe it was his remembrance day? maybe lindsay agreed to going on a date, but then realized last minute that it was her ex's memorial day?

and i also remember in one of her early episodes, she mentions that she had seen "a lot more blood than that" (whatever case she was working on) and had a very...disturbed look on her face. so maybe that was in reference to this whole deceased family or deceased bf/fiance idea. perhaps that has something to do with it? just guessing :)

10. Lynsey_Monroe

Lynsey_Monroe Dead on Arrival

Hey guys!
    I loved the episode, I thought it went so well and the reactions of Danny and Lindsay were very honest and realistic.

I've noticed alot of people stating that it seemed so fake and out of character, but I completely disagree. Love makes you do strange things, and I think that was portrayed beautifully.

I absolutely loved the pizza comment Danny made. It was great. You could see how desperate he is to get Lindsay's affections, and the fact that he said he would be there if she needed anything instead of acting like a wounded puppy and pouting makes me think he's really into her, and I'm more positive than ever that they'll hook up down the road.

I also agree that the reason why Lindsay didn't talk to him too much might be because something happened to make her nervous about dating again. Or maybe she figured that she could move on, but when faced on the edge of the date she freaked out. It happens alot in real life, but not so much in tv shows.

As I said in the episode rating thread, CSI NY would lose it's edge without the drama stuffs.

Great episode! I'm excited to see some good screen caps soon too :eek:

11. vexus

vexus Pathologist

Hey fluffies, twins, and all the minions

Regarding last night's episode, I think it was real good. We are finally getting to see what is exactly happening to Lindsay, even though we don't KNOW exactly what her secret is about. It's going to be interesting how the writers are going to play this one out.

I don't think any of the chracters were out of "character". These are two people who are in love and having some "angsty" issues. Carmine and Anna pulled the scenes off beautifully.

And what makes me just want to squee! is that after all was said and done, Danny is still there for Lindsay. When she was leaving and he yelled out that if she needed anything , he would help her. That is love, guys!

12. allieluv_csi

allieluv_csi Lab Technician

Hi everyone..i really liked the eps. I thought the d/l scenes were played out perfectly. i like the fact taht lindsay FINALLY admited that she liked danny more than a friend. I was kinda angry at first after the eps. because i thought the ship was gonna sink..i was in fact told many times it was going to sink..and ya know..that kinda crushes me. but i believe we will sail..and the one thing i hope is that next week, they talk about d/l a little and not look over or forget the whole situation that happened this week.
    ok im out
    allie

13. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

**Mo skips into the thread...passing out m&m's and junior mints as she goes!** Hello all my lovelies, how are we this fine evening?! :D
    Mis, Vex, Smi, Amanda, Allie...newbies...HI!! :lol:

So I see we've got lots of fabulous ideas and thoughts on our ep last night...good stuff! I haven't had to time to watch it a second time (dang work! :p ) but I plan to asap! :D

I agree with what a couple of you have said as far as Linds just not calling him at the restaurant at the very least...but then again, I can't remember if it was said by someone on here or another board...but Linds has had a really tramatic couple days here, she almost got shot, almost blown up, had Danny hug her in a big emotional moment, probably accepted the date in the emotional high of that...plus I think she had every intention of going, but like a lot of girls her mind probably started working overtime and she started finding potential bad things that could happen, panicked and ran. I'm not saying it was the smart or courteous thing to do, but I understand it...and I don't think it means she likes him any less...she just got scared and acted dumb, people do that! :D She could have explained it to him yeah, but maybe he just understood that it was a dumb thing on her part! That to me makes a little more sense I think than something actually happening that kept her away ya know...cuz I think if something really actually happened she would have just said "I got a phone call....or someone stopped by..." instead of just apologizing again when he asked.

As for Linds' secret...yeah they are totally leading up to it and I cannot wait to find out what it is! I really hope the writers aren't too cliched about it...I mean I don't want Linds to have some insanely horrid background but I don't want it to be entirely predictable either, ya know. I think the family member dying in front of her thing makes sense...I know when I very first heard about the secret I thought it was that her sister was raped and murdered in front of her and Linds couldn't do anything and then they never found the guy and so she decided to become a CSI so she could keep that from happening to other sisters. And I'm kinda leaning that way again now I think...that maybe it was her sister who had the violent thing happen and Linds couldn't stop it....which affected her obviously and made her want to become a CSI.

As for our ship...it's sailing y'all! I have every faith in the world, we've the promise of something mid-season from the producers...we've got the producers saying they don't want Danny to kiss her, YET! Which totally implies he WILL be kissing her! We've got numerous scenes and a main storyline they know viewers like (these last two eps have got the best numbers!) So yeah...we're totally sailing! Our ship is cruising!! :D :D :D

**Mo looks around squirts everyone with her watergun....then dumps pudding on Amanda's head...nods and trots off to sleep!**

14. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

**Chelle bounds into room throwing M&Ms at Shippers and Hot chocolate with marshmallows :D**

Morning everyone!!!! :D how are we all after or new DL moment?! ;)
    As usual, i havent seen it!!! hehe but i really can not wait. i love coming in here after it has been aired in the US cause i wanna know everything!! lol :D
    By the sounds of it, the epi was very emotional for Lindsey, having to admit to Danny that she DOES like him alot, ( eh, like we didnt know eh guys? :rolleyes:).
    maybe her secret has something to do with the whole all access epi too.. cause she took what happened to Stella kinda hard.

Mo i totally agree wit ya huni!!! i dont want Lindsey's secret past to be something that is totally horrific, and something that doesnt exactly match the way she is acting right now, and i hope its not gonna make things too complicated! hehe
    **Shakes a champagne bottle and sprays everyone**
    WOOHOOO!!!! Our ship is sailing fast girlies!!!!!! cant wait!!!!:D

Soooo cute together :D

As for the kiss.. oh my god, Danny looks like he sure can give ya a gooooooodd kiss ;) hehe i cant wait to see it!!! ;) :D

15. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Whoohoooooo y'all. Watched it twice now. And I'm glad that our ship did not sink (I was so worried that it would :rolleyes: ). They just had to drop the anchor for a few minor repairs before they can sail of into the sunset again.

There were many things about this ep that I liked, but I also have a little critisism.

First: Something must have indeed really upset Lindsay in the time between Danny's invite (wished we could have seen that) and her standing him up. It seemed so against her nature to do that without a proper explanation.

Second: I loved the walk-talk. Somebody really needs to give that guy something to eat (although not to much - we wouldn't want to ruin that beautiful body *I want a slice* :devil: ) And for a brief moment I too thougth they were holding hands :D .

Third: In contrast to a lot of you I didn't really like the last D/L scene. The fact that they admitted their feelings was great and it really makes me curious about what happened in Lindsay's past, but I kinda disliked the dialogue itself. It seemed to be taken out of some cheap romance novel (it's not you, it's me :rolleyes: ). I wished they had given us some more looks (like during the interrogation) and less conversation; but hey that's me!!

Still love them though!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.