Dancing With The Stars

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Desertwind, Sep 29, 2007.

1. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

I agree, Florence shouldn't have been voted off. Btw, the dancers or pros do not choose the music they dance to, it is given to them be the producers (at least that's what I read). And I think Jennifer's Foxtrot was definitely not her best, in fact I think it was her "worst" performance. She seemed to be kinda lost...her facial expression didn't seem as "lost in the dance" as usually. In her other dances she became the person she portrayed in the dance, but this time she was still Jennifer...if you get what I mean :rolleyes: :lol: At some point she even seemed helpless...

And another thing: I am sure that if Jennifer and Derek had danced the Foxtrot in week 2 and the Jive in week 5, they would have gotten at least one 10 for it, for the Jive that is.

But I'm glad Team Jenougher made it through and am looking forward to next week. Rock 'n' Roll baby! :cool:

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

:klingon: I think this is the first time I've ever been so stunned, by this boot. OMG, she was excellent, elegant, classy and a good dancer [and not because of her age] and so passionate and a fabulous attitude. A miscarriage of dancer justice. Over what's-her-face Bristol and that little Kyle person. Her face said it all she looked devastated, but was still complimentary, and praised the show.. nice person:bolian: I don't get this at all:confused:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Who the heck is that Audrina girl? I've never heard of her. :lol:

4. Desertwind

Beats me too, who the H is she?:wtf: and I've never seen Kyle either. I do like the big burly sports guys. I know Rick but not the other one, Kurt.. shows you how into sports stars I am:confused: their both good though and so hansdome~

5. GregNickRyanFan

Kyle is on Disney shows I think. Corey In The House or something like that? I didn't even know that until my mother told me. :lol: And yeah, I don't know the sports guys either.

6. Desertwind

Last nights show was a blast from the past, with winners of the Top Ten best dancers since the beginning After seeing this bunch, I realize how awful the dancers are this season, compared to these overwhelming, spectatular dancers:eek:

10..Shaun.. Free Style.. fantastic, she was awesome~
    9..Donny..Argentine Tango.. Also fantastic~
    8..Emilo..Quick Step.. Great~
    7..Apollo..Free Style.. Incredible~
    6..Joanna..Pasa Dobla..Great~
    5..Mel B..Pasa Dobla.. Fabulous~
    4.Nicole..Pasa Dobla..Captivating~
    3..Apollo..again. Samba.. He's so good~
    2..Gillis..Argentine Tango..Perfect~
    1..Drew..Free Style..Electric~

AUDRINA Tango~
    Really nice, good job~

Kyle Tango~
    I just don't think he's that good. Ok footwork, but he doesn't move his shoulders, his waist nor his rear:(

Jennifer Pasa Dolba~
    Fantastic, one of her best~

Rick Tango~
    Good, he's got it all going on, great posture, nicely done~

Bristol Tango~
    Too technical, not natural~

KURT Pasa Dobla~
    He's turned into a really good dancer, nice job~

Brandy Tango~
    She gets better and better and might shove out Jennifer, killer outfit~

The Rock 'n' Roll Marathon
    Brandy won this one too, which added 10 points to her original score. She cried and was so thrilled:thumbsup:

7. GregNickRyanFan

I loved Brandy's rock and roll outfit. I thought everyone did pretty well. I just have to say one thing about Audrina... when she did the moves where she threw her arms up/out, it was a tiny bit stiff. I think it would have suited the routine better if she'd done it a little slower and more gracefully. It just looked a little stiff. Other than that she was pretty good.

I have to say that I'm quite impressed with Bristol's improvement though. I think she's probably the most improved, considering how poorly she was doing before. I mean she went from 18 points in last place (or close to last place) to what 23 points and in third place? I think that's pretty impressive. I really hope people do not judge her based on who her mother is though, because that has nothing to do with her dancing and would be unfair to her.

8. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

I'm not a fan of Audrina. She always seemed stiff and without personality. Her Rumba, to name one of her dances, was dull, compared to...*trying to remember another of Tony's partners*...oh, Jane Seymour's for example. She did a way better job with Tony! As Tony said, the Rumba is like having sex on the dancefloor....well, it didn't look too enjoyable when Audrina danced. Her Paso was way better, but somehow it seems she couldn't reach the audience. But I have to say that she didn't deserve to be voted off. I still think Bristol is the weakest dancer. She has improved, yes, but she can't compete with the others.

I really enjoyed Jennifer and Derek's Paso! It was passionate, full of energy and fun to watch. Carrie Ann was way too critical. I mean, okay, Jen was a bit unconcentrated at the end and lost her footing, but that was no reason to give them a 6! That was ridiculous.

Brandy did good in the marathon, but towards the end all that was left was Maks carrying her around. Jennifer and Derek did better I think, but I can live with their 9.

I never would have thought that Rick would make for such a good dancer, considering his height, etc. But he's really doing well. He seemed kinda lost in the marathon though, hence his low score there.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  9. Desertwind

:klingon:WOW, talk about injustice Audrina.. she was graceful, elegant and a good dancer she got booted over clunky Kyle, and stiff Bristol:cardie:I was stunned.. I can't believe this one. And on personality maybe she wasn't electrifying in that manner, but it's all about dancing, and she was good..my opinion:thumbsup:

10. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, I thought for sure that Kyle was going to be leaving. I was surprised it was Audrina. For me, there was only that one tiny issue for her that I stated in my earlier post and other than that, she did great I thought.

11. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Bristol needs to go. SHe should have gone two weeks ago. She has the state of Alaska voting for her...

I like Kyle! But, my all time favorite is Kurt. He was the quarterback of my hometown team (Arizona Cardinals) until he retired so no matter what, I'm rooting for him! I prefer Brandy over Jennifer. Brandy seems more gracious where Jennifer comes off arrogant...

12. Desertwind

[​IMG] totally agree That's the word "arrogant" I couldn't put my finger on it. She's a bit off, pain or no pain. Brandy is so enthusiastic and so happy and a good dancer too, Both the guys Kurt and Rick are sports guys, but they've come across as great dancers. Bristol:klingon:go shoot a moose with your mother~

13. alenpaul

alenpaul Victim

Dancing With The Stars is good but not so good because my favorite. But Sabina. she's fantastic.

14. Desertwind

Last night's show was their 200th episode. Some dancers as judges were featured~Team captain 1 was Kristi Yamaguchi..team captain 2 was Apolo~

Team one doing the Cha..Cha..Cha were Rick..Bristol and Kyle~
    The did great all in tune with one another, [I thought Rick was the best] boy they looked like they practiced..alot got a 24 total team~

Team two also doing the Caha..Cha..Cha, were Jennifer..Brandy & Kurt~they scored a 27~

From S/5.. Mel-B, as the "judge"
    She had done the Pasa Dobla and Kyle did it too, he was pretty good probably his best..

From S/3. Emmit Smith.. Tango that he did was Kurt.. he did good all the right moves, he's so sauve got a 24 ~

From S/9..Kelly Osbourne.. she did the Waltz, and Bristol did it too, and actually she was pretty good although still a bit stiff and dsconnected a 25~

From S/7..Hellio the Quick Step..Rick he was fantastic, who knew he could move so fast and his all green outfit :lol: a 37~

From S/8..Gilles.. Fox Trot and Brandy she was fabulous and to me has reached herself to the top of the rung:bolian: 37~

From S/2.. Drew the Tango.. Jennifer and I'm sick and tired of hearing her moan and groan and complain about her "pain" and how's she's '50'. Cloris Leachman was 82 and Florence 76 and they never complained. Why did she enter this contest if she's in so much pain, we all know she's got pins in her neck because she tells everybody every week about them. She's giving me a pain in my neck and elsewhere too:scream:people watch this show to see these contestants dance not whine continually..

Her attitude has dragged down her performance as far as I'm concerned, she's not as good as she was in the beginning although she did get a 37~

15. GregNickRyanFan

I didn't expect Rick to be voted off. I thought for sure it was going to be Kyle or Bristol when they had the three of them up there as being in jeopardy.