CSI to Sundays

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by blackflag, May 14, 2014.

1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

(Jacquie, remember I was a fan of "JAG" (thank God for INSP reruns 5 nights a week!) and "NCIS: LA" but not "NCIS". I've never seen "NCIS: NOLA".)

It's definately the death notice.

Question is - Is it going to bring "CSI: Cyber" with it when it dies?

If CBS ends up cancelling one of the new shows early I see "NCIS: LA" moving first. They get better ratings than "CSI".

Susan

2. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

<content removed> There's roughly 40 weeks in a TV season, with your typical show churning out about 20-24 episodes per season. No reason why 2 CSIs can't coexist.

That being said, at least a couple of new shows will bomb...that's the business. The 10pm Sunday thing may not be as set in stone as you think.

Just as long as it isn't moved to Friday night. That's where old shows go to die.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
  3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Friendly reminder of the Intellectual Property guidelines in the Talk CSI Rules...discussion of downloading or otherwise illegally obtaining/distributing content is not allowed. Please PM me if you have questions. Thanks!

4. blackflag

Doesn't say how many episodes we get but it sounds like nobody is going to be able to complain about reruns in the middle of the season.

CBS fall schedule

Susan

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I wonder how many episodes that will be for CSI.

6. Rena

Rena Rookie

Does that mean they're going to show CSI on sundays until it's "wrapped" (i.e. the 15th season has finished) and then start CSI:Cyper next year? At when the new season starts they're also going to run old CSI episodes? What exactly does "run orginals non-stop" mean? Sorry, I'm really confused :lol:

7. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Yeah, really easy to run eps non-stop with no repeats if you get HALF a season! :rolleyes:

8. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

I read that CBS was going to be showing Football on Thursday night.

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Yes, that's new; starts September 11th. Another day for pre-emptions. Why they can't show Thursday night games on the NFL Network is beyond me. All the top sports have their own networks on cable--baseball, basketball, tennis, hockey & football. :rolleyes:

10. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

Thanks for all the years CSI.

I fear this is your last hurrah.

Sunday at 10 is pretty much the kiss of death. :scream:

11. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I won't go into Thursday NFL, since its pertinence to CSI has become irrelevant for now. Sundays on CBS work like this:

CBS and FOX usually have a 1:00 p.m. ET game. They alternate between who carries the later game (4:05 or 4:25, depending). Those weeks when CBS carries two games are the dates when later programming is delayed or rescheduled. The schedule is also affected concerning home sellouts. If you live in an NFL market and your team is at home with no sellout, you will not get the game, or will get a different game. If it is sold out, they will carry that local game, regardless of whose turn it is to alternate carrying early and late games. Sunday prime time football is all on NBC, so no worry there. In pure theory, the late game would affect 8 weeks of programming. But, as I am beginning to confuse even myself, this depends on where you live.

CBS mostly carries the AFC cities. So local differences may impact those areas.

Best bet, DVR, or just watch it online the next day. :D

12. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

BTW, didn't CBS once try this "3-hour crime block" stunt on Friday nights with CSINY, Blue Bloods and some other show about a New Jersey lawyer? How'd that work out?

13. blackflag

To help people tell fact from fiction...
    The official press release for The 2014-2015 Primetime Season. :)
    -------------------​

They tried it a couple of times. Both new shows were cancelled. For 1 of them they pushed NY down to 8pm and when it didn't make it they put NY back at 9pm where it immediately did better in the ratings.

Susan

14. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

I guess Friday nights isn't so bad, cause none of the shows that are on Friday's are canceled, so I guess that curse is off.

15. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Upon reading this, I am now preparing for the possibility of the flagship CSI show ending it's run although I'm not anticipating it this season.

However Sundays is not a particularly great night for this series and CSI Miami was literally killed by NFL football overruns, and in addition to being a very old (By TV show standards) show that has waned in recent seasons, it is the perfect storm for a show to come to an end.

I see CSI lasting into the 2015-16 season but I am not optimistic about it lasting beyond the 2016-17 fall season.

With the ratings naturally dropping and now mostly a slowly dwindling core audience remaining, many other shows have now supplanted CSI in many viewers' eyes (Mine included) and I've now moved over to "Castle" as my current flagship TV Show.

Many beloved original characters left including Grissom, Catherine, and now Jim Brass, and one other, Warrick was killed off. Only Sara Sidle, Greg Sanders, Nick Stokes, and Al Robbins being the only four remaining.

I'm well aware of long-running shows changing especially when they run for multiple seasons. Some changes I could endure and continue to enjoy the show (This one, and some older shows). Others though the changes were too painful to continue to enjoy (CSI:NY after Melina Kanakaredes left. That took me over two years to recover from) but looking back on it, the 2000-13 era has been a wonderful era for forensic shows but I'm now preparing to see this chapter in TV shows wind down and close.

Like I said earlier, I'm cautiously optimistic that CSI will be fine in this season but as the 2015-16 fall season rolls around, we may have to prepare to say goodbye to CSI and maybe the entire franchise for good. :(

I'm not optimistic about CSI: Cyber doing well.