CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

Thank a lot Top 41 and Elsie for the interesting spoils. Now with Peyton it becomes finally again a soap opera. The action Mac is better. I like a crime story and not a soap. ;);)

2. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

This triangle thingy is fine with me IF they go right back to crime after taking a long bath in SOAP. :lol:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

ROTFL! Never thought of it that way. :lol: MacDaddy. :guffaw:

Very true. But the last known ex-love is just way too cliche. :lol: That makes it even more soapy IMO. :lol: I'm still holding out hope that the "choice" is not him choosing to be with one woman over the other, but perhaps him choosing whether or not to cancel a date with Aubrey to help Claire or go save her from some killer or something. :lol:

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I have to admit, I love the Rear Window reference of Mac seeing a murder at his apartment. You can't go wrong with a classic murder from a classic writer/director like Hitchcock.

I like Mac and Aubrey. They have a sweet, innocent, romantic sort of feel to it. It's not being rushed and it only took like less than three minutes of screen time. I like those kinds of scenes. :D

But.. this other woman thing... makes me go... :shifty:

Peyton was okay. She just seemed really snotty and above everyone. And Mac to me, never looked happy with her.

So my question is, why are they bringing her back? She knew that Mac wouldn't leave NY to go to London with her. She knew Mac was married to his job, she also knew that his 'family' was in NY. So why bring her back to add to this ridiculous potential triangle between Mac, Aubrey and her??? It just seems so....soap opera-ish like so many others have said.

5. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Peyton seriously?
    I think I'm going to cry!

WHY? Sweet Oz! Why to bring her back?

6. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Peyton? Seriously? Well, maybe we'll find out my theory was right. My theory: The real reason she stayed in London was because she was pregnant with Mac's baby. I liked Peyton. I was mad/disappointed when they didn't bring her back in season 4. I hated the way she broke up with Mac...the dear Mac letter.
    I definitely wanna see the episode with Peyton in it.

7. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Carolyn, now it becomes, however, quite unserious and primitive. Nevertheless, we are not with Desperates Houswife. :confused::confused:
    Forgotten, it is CSI NY a Crime Story.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  8. dairiz_101

dairiz_101 Victim

If any body asks i would so totally have thought dat the other woman would have been Stella. Peyton is okie but :shifty: she doesn't wat Stella and Mac have. I mean they know when the other person isn't right.

Like flack said "you two have been working together way tooo long" then when mac asks stell for advice in buzzardkill...She walks in to his office and says "i had a feeling you were fishing for some advice" and he's like (don't quote me on this cuz i cant remember what he said) "you know me tooo well" "don't you forget that" she replied.

They have that special chemistry that he doesnt have with any of his past couples.

Im also beginning to think Mac is starting to resemble Gibbs with the wifes :lol: except Mac has girlfriends. :wtf: :lol:

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah, i agree, that part of it is really interesting and if they do it right it could be pretty cool :D

yeah, it seems a tad inconsistent....

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Maybe she realized she loves him enough and is unhappy enough without him in her life to come back to NY? People change their minds about major life decisions all the time. I don't see that as being "inconsistent," I see that as being human.

11. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Maybe Peyton is the new Mrs Thorwald!!:lol:
    I wonder if Macs neighbor has a garden!
    JB Jefferies had a "Stella" in his life too!

12. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I figured it would be Peyton or something. I don't know y'all thought it had something to do with Stella.

13. lilmzhappy

lilmzhappy Witness

PEYTON!!!!!!!!!! FRICKIN PEYTON!!! NOW IM SOOO MAD IM GONNA SAY DOUBLE FRICK. ARRRGGGGHHHHHH. *BANGS HEAD AGAINST THE KEYBOARD TIL A BLEEDIND WRECK* I HATE PEYTON WITH ALL MY GUTS! Claire Forlani seems nice though. :D. IF MAC DOESN'T PICK AUBREY WHICH I KNOW HE WONT DUE TO AMICK BEING IN A LEAD IN A NEW SHOW WONT I WILL CONTINUE TO BANG MY HEAD AGAINST MY KEYBOARD. I HATE TO SAY IT BUT CSINY IS TURNING INTO A BRITISH SOAP!!! GRRRAAARRRGGHHH... NOW IM REAL MAD LOL...MAYBE OVER REACTTING BUT NEVERMIND

14. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

I don't think caps lock is necessary in this situation, it's considered to be yelling FYI.

15. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Well. Can't say as I necessarily see that as less soapish :lol::).

a) I don't truly consider Stella a factor in any of this. Other than as a friend and confidant. Same as she's always been. ;)
    b) ...I certainly don't think it would be any easier to write :lol:, would not necessarily make more sense, or be easier (for me, personally) to handle :p

Cheers :p The news, for some reason, made me laugh a lot. Was a long day. Was probably a wee bit giddy :lol: Still. I stand by it. ;)

They do seem to have been inspired by and/or have been referencing a lot of movies of late :p.

...erm. To stir shit up? :lol:. In part. Same reason why Aubrey was introduced. To stir things up for Mac personally, and to up the ante and impact of Peyton's reappearance. Does sound like Peyton's return to Manhattan is less motivated by Mac alone and is tied into something else. She's evidently been in town without contacting him. Three years later, not surprising. That they encounter each other and are faced with how things rather unsatisfactorily ended between them doesn't necessarily speak to inconsistencies.

Bringing back Pino worked out well. Mebbe bringing back another blast from the past won't be so bad. Yeah I know Pino was a friend and colleague turned perp and not anyone's former love interest :lol:. It was still an interesting notion to have someone whom you thought you knew return embroiled in something bigger than they could handle, to see how it effected them and the team both. And Yeah, I just got a refill. Glass is half full again. Thirsty. What can I say :p. It's all just fun. ;)

-

Alright. Mulling.

So now we do know just how specific Aubrey's purpose was in introducing her. Peyton's the plot pivot, for the crime/mystery and also for personal intrigue. (It would seem that the only truly haphazard romance NY has indulged in is DL :p). The rest have all led down specific paths.

Wondering if Forlani's availability was a factor in the apparent shift away from Hawkes purported love interest, and the rather elaborate nature of this set up. Mebbe Sheldon's is still on the books. Guess we'll see.

Despite my amusement at the Triangle, I'm not gonna be down on Peyton's return. I liked her in S3, a few quibbles with the writing aside. What I also appreciate is that Peyton, in her return, is tied into the mystery, to Tate. Is it a coinkidink she for some reason shows up at the apt. of a guy who happens to live across from Mac's? ...I suppose it does hafta be a small world for the show to work to a certain extent :lol:. Depending on the crime and mystery, it could still all be a very solid episode. Were Peyton brought back without some attempt at a larger (and crime-related) context than simply creating an emotional ripple, I would say there would be no escape of bubbles. I think this set up has potential. I have to hope it does or why bother tuning in ;).

This relates a bit to what GNRF posted. Wondering if (mebbe hoping that) Mac's dilemma may not necessarily be one of an outright Either/Or choice, or even whether he's to continue in any relationship. It would be less sudsy if the crux in question will be more directly tied into circumstances brought about by the criminal aspects of the hour. A potential meeting with Peyton may not be about a choice at all, but more about a finer resolution between them, not considering pursuing something new. Or, mebbe it will be more about reconciling who they once were with what she's mixed up in presently, something wot hints at somehow being at odds wif Protecting and Serving and Doing No Harm, given the dead guy and all :lol:. Or, mebbe it's a situation where his royal soapbox is being asked to go off the reservation by an uber-ex asking a substantial favor. Lots of hmms :p.

I dread that plot lines involving Triangles are often superficial and soapish. I'm hoping that 6.22 will not descend by default wholesale into the realm. Peyton and Aubrey may not even appear in the same episode, which could help with that. That, however, would probably be incredibly hard for the show to resist :lol:.

I suppose an additional wee nugget of :shifty:-Hmm does reside in the following. Peyton and Aubrey are both brunettes, long hair, doctors. Similar look. The show coulda written Aubrey to be anything. They wrote her a doc. Peyton is somehow tied into the criminal plot, and not just the personal intrigue aspect for Mac. The episode has a voyeuristic/surveillance pretense, of watching but not necessarily understanding the whole picture. So. Hmm Scenario: Say within the plot Peyton is endangered. One way or another Peyton turns to Mac for help. Someone narsty is told to surveil and then deal with a/the brunette doc observed talking to the Detective. ...aaaaand - which one gets it...? :p.

This is set up in the second-last episode for the season, so hopefully there will be nothing within it that will factor into the cliffhanger and carry over the summer. It's aftermath may impact characters in S7, but maybe the main encounter will be rather contained. The fact that the show did not do this in the finale gives me hope. Will be interesting as it is. How much of NY's relative time will pass between 6.22 and 6.23, I wonder. Will there be an injured Mac as the team hunts Shane Casey? Will Danny be traumatized by whatever befalls his family? Will Sheldon be alright after the prison bruha? Will Stella emerge unscathed yet again? What kinda shape will the team be in ?:lol:. (My own ribs may ache at combined laughter and convulsing with nausea depending on how the promised DL factors in the finale and cliffhanger).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.