CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers--Get 'Em In A New York Minute

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chabib86

chabib86 Dead on Arrival

So much for the Danny-Lindsay brush-off. Perhaps they cut it at the last minute because the rest of the season isn't showing anytime soon, and they want to have a cohesive storyline about that [D/L problems].
    I'm completely confused about the whole D/L thing at the moment - it built up for two seasons, they were 'together' (according to interviews) in the beginning of this season, and then... ?? Are they purposely dropping it off, is it unintentional, were we not supposed to notice that D/L is missing, or are they trying to please their anti-DL viewers by reducing D/L screentime?
    Spoiler for Playing with Matches was that Danny and Lindsay work together, but it's strictly business. Which makes me more confused. As much of a D/L shipper as I am (or rather, was during S2&3), at least break them up properly if that's the plan.
    Does anyone know where they're going with this?

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

^ Nope, I guess we'll have to wait and see on that one. Although, who knows about next week, and spoilers can be wrong and are subject to change.

Talking of spoilers, I read today that 'Playing with Matches' is going to be the conclusion to the Second Life episode. The source quoted it's information for the episode from CSI Files and CBS. Now the information from here was from the spoiler report for the episode, which obviously doesn't include anything about Second Life, and I can't find anything on CBS. Have I missed a promo or press release, or is this new information? Or is it just wrong?

Time wise it does make sense for the episode to be now, as they originally said it would air in February and I'm sure the Grammy's were mentioned, and that is soon I believe. But I don't see how it fits in? Maybe they are deliberately keeping this one quiet... I guess it would be good to conclude it now rather than drag this (IMO less than interesting) storyline into next season.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Wow, I had no idea that "Playing with Matches" is the conclusion to the Second Life ep, but that definitely makes it a better season ender (if that's what indeed what 414 will end up being) if 414 ends up being that due to the strike.

As for the D/L brush-off scene, I assume it's been dropped or maybe moved to 414.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Honestly, as much as I wanted to see that scene play out at the end of the episode, it was much better to see it end with Flack and Danny's scene and Danny expressing his inability to stop blaming himself for what happened. If they haven't made a point of putting D/L into the season at all beyond a few cheese-ball lines (Mac's comment about Lindsay not 'catching' whatever Danny has, anyone? :rolleyes:), a scene like that wouldn't have much of an impact and is pretty unnecessary. Shippers of every persuasion are in the minority as far as viewers go, and sticking in a scene to show a supposed 'bump' in a relationship they haven't bothered to showcase just isn't worth the screentime if you ask me.

I think it's good that, with the possibility (although now it's pretty much a sure thing, I suppose) of a short season, they shoved the D/L crap out of the way and concentrated on other stuff. We got to see Mac with an arc and Danny with an arc, and they finally showed a bit more of the friendship between Danny and Flack that was there long before Lindsay was shoehorned into the show (and onto Danny's now-nonexistant pool table).

5. Requinox

Requinox Hit and Run

Well one thing I am definitely excited about is the interaction between Flack and Angell, they fit together so well it will be interesting to see how that goes.

6. hairy0haggis

hairy0haggis Hit and Run

Firstly, sorry if this post is in the wrong thread... I'm not the shrapest pencil in the box.

Secondly, sorry if this comment has already been made... my memory can quite literally be surpassed by a goldfish.

Right, I've read all the way through this thread... yes, my life is THAT boring... and one thing keeps buggging the blue hell out of me.

Why is it that when we want CSI to touch on the character's personal lives more... they always assume that means yet another 'gripping' (how do you write in sarcam?) love story between the characters?

And they all date each other!!! Hey, if you want to hook up with your co-worker... go work for CSI or NYPD!

I love the relationships between the characters. The kind of father/son thing between Mac and Don. the big brother thing with Danny and Don, the wee brother thing with Danny and Adam... I could go on, but for once I won't.

I love the 'hints' at the personal lives but I REALLLY don't need to see them all hopping in and out of bed with each other. I can't help feeling it's done to placate the needy fans who want to see the actors get their kit off. Hey I'm not against that either... but COME ON, am I just being a prude or is the sex/love just going a tad far? I know we don't get to see anything but, seriously, if I wanted to see 'love story of the week' then I'd start watching soap operas... and I'm never going to be THAT bloody bored!! I suppose now we're going to have to sit through another season of NY before they reveal whether Flack and Angell really are getting it on or are they going to pull another D/L thing and never mention it again? Are they going to go overboard and tickle our gag reflexes like the Mac/Peyton saga? *SIGH* Wow, these writers can't win with me today can they? :D

I love CSI for the twists in the story lines, the laugh out loud moments, the excellent characterisation (man, I need a spell check) and the first rate acting. I'm getting more and more concerned that we're never going to get back to the heights of season one and two.

Okay, apparently the red curse is desending on my house because I feel like chewing on the floor boards here. CSI NY will always be a top show to me, I just don't want to see it become a pathetic shadow of it's former self by trying to please all the people all the time.

Lecture finished, soap box being burnt, trquilizer dart being shot at my cranky arse.

... and yes Natty, I am more than aware that I have yet again written the eqivilant to War & Peace. :p

7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Top, I agree...It would have been a shame if the story had been left untill next season. And for a season 'final' it will feel like an ending so to speak, by concluding it :)

....Haggis you crack me up :lol:

8. Top41

Agreed. I think if someone was just watching this season and hadn't seen "Snow Day" or any of season three, they'd never even know Danny and Lindsay are dating. I don't care if they're dating or not personally so long as we're not subjected to the flat, chemistry-free scenes between them like we were in seasons two and three. They can date all they want behind the scenes so long as what shows up on screen are episodes like "All in the Family" with great character interaction. Danny is far more interesting interacting with Flack or Mac than he ever will be with Lindsay.

hairy0haggis, I get what you're saying about not seeing too much relationshippy stuff. It does at times get to be overkill. But I guess I do like seeing Flack and Angell because I think they have chemistry and unlike Danny and Lindsay in seasons two and three, it's not overkill or being thrown in our faces.

9. hairy0haggis

hairy0haggis Hit and Run

I'm totally with you on the Flack and Angell thing Top41. I think they make a smashing couple (although *HANGS HEAD IN SHAME* I kind of like the idea of him and Stella... but then Stella and Mac are good together and... you know what? I'm just confusing me now!)

As long as they KEEP it subtle and we maybe get an actual relationship from Flack and Angell that's not rammed down our throats, then I'll be a happy camper and stop my moaning. Saying that, I do take issue with Flack and Angell being together for one reason... pairing two beautiful, funny, lovely people up is just damn right unfair!!! Can you imagine their children? Oh bugger, why can I hear someone jumping onto the photoshop as I type??

10. chabib86

chabib86 Dead on Arrival

It's funny you mention that, because I've seen a few episodes of CSI: Miami while at the gym, and one of the things that bothered me was that those cops are too good-looking. Okay, laugh at me all you want, but I was looking at that autopsy-chick thinkin', "Like HECK you work in a morgue, girl!"
    On CSI:NY, they're all easy on the eyes (not insulting anyone's Flack here...), but in more of a normal way. If that makes sense?
    Well, my point is - that yeah, Detective Angell is really ridiculously perfectly good-looking, as is Kendall, but I hope they don't add many more cast members like them to the show. This is New York, not LA :cool:.
    Oh great, now that sounds sexist and biased. This is not an anti-pretty-people rant. And there are pretty people in NY. Uh, what I mean is.....
    Damn.

Never mind.

11. althea

althea Lab Technician

^^I get what your saying when I watch Miami all I can think of is wow everyone is so pretty here the victims, the criminals the whole police force!

12. hairy0haggis

hairy0haggis Hit and Run

Right, I'm throwing myself on the floor in a big 2 year old on a sugar high type temper tantrum. I just typed you a long assed, boring, going everywhere except to the point reply to your post chabib86 and then lost the whole bloody thing in a oner. Obviously this is not a great loss to the CSI world in general... but I feel slighted!

The gist of it was that I completely agree chabib86 and then I typed about how god damn ugly and incompident the Scottish Police are, then I told you a story about how I peed in the back of a police car to teach them a lesson, then I called a detective I knew a big, butch Bertha, then I accepted the diffrence between reality and fiction (which for me is a big deal)and that the tv use beautiful people to get ratings and I judged them for it, then I apologised to the beautiful people of the world, then I insulted the Scottish police again, then I apologised to the Scottish police and digested my foot and that was the basis of the post that my 1984 computer swallowed. As you can see, it was probably for the best really :D

In summation (got to love those 'Word Of The Day' Calanders) chabib86:- I wholeheartitly agree.

See Natty? I so can write a short and to the point post... I just need my computer to flip me of first!

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Sometimes it helps to type it out and then copy it into the reply box, or just write it and quickly copy it just in case. Long replies do have a tendency to time out, which is very annoying. Especially as it always happens when I have written the most awesome of posts! :lol: OK, not quite, but you know what I mean. :p

Yeah, it would definitely be a better season ender, but I had only found this spoiler in one place, so who knows? Hopefully there will be more information after the repeat this Wednesday, or maybe a new promo. Either way it's sad that next week will most probably be the season ender. :(

But I've just realised where the spoiler might have come from. To quote Zuiker's interview before 'Down the Rabbit Hole':

But that was before the strike. I wonder if it's still the plan?

14. hairy0haggis

hairy0haggis Hit and Run

^^^ Cheers for that Elsie, that's a very good plan. Like I said, I think it's of no great loss whatsoever that it's gone but as you say 'it's always the best posts that go' HONEST ;) So I'll claim it was a masterpiece instead :D

15. Top41

Ah, that could be where the spoiler comes from, and the site could be just drawing the conclusion from Zuiker's original plan. I'm not sure if 414 would have aired on Feb. 6th if there had been no strike--that would have meant with the original plan, only one new episode in January. Looking back over the episode guide, it looks like most years January saw at least two new episodes. Last year episode #15 was the first episode of Feb. sweeps. So I guess it's possible, but I would expect if it actually were the conclusion, there'd be some press on that, or mention of it somewhere like in TV Guide or at Futon Critic? I guess we'll find out next Wednesday for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.