CSI:Miami Season 6 **Spoiler Lab** #4 - Proceed At Own Risk!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Re: CSI:Miami Season 6 **Spoiler Lab** #4 - Proceed At Own R

That is the feeling I am getting from what I have read. Wow a new ep!! I forgot what that feels like! ;)

2. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

I can see Cooper doing something to get back at Calleigh, but how would he get to her camera? I can't wait to see Stetler get into Cal's business, its a shame she can't hit him.

3. delkolover

Episode 616 All In...The eps are going to come fast b/c they are shooting 8 eps in 7 weeks....

Illegal high stakes poker games to the theme of this ep. A man is shot and killed b/c he wouldn't tell two thugs were the next high roler game would be. But it is not as cut and dry as that.

The two thugs, Toby and Seth, kidnap Calleigh by tricking her into stopping on the side of the road b/c she thinks one of them is hurt but when she approached the other jumps out and knocks her unconscious. They then make her use her expertise of crime scenes to distort the evidence so they won't get caught. Now Cal being Cal, uses their stupidity to her advantage and leaves clues for her fellow CSI's to follow in order to find out who the real killer is. B/C while Toby and Seth shot the guy he was actually being poisoned by someone else which may have expidited his death.

On another note, H's son takes off again. There wasn't much as to why or if he left on his own but Kyle is out there and H doesn't know where.

And before anyone aks, Ryan is not involved in playing in any of the illegal games. I don't know if Yelina is in it or Valera.

4. LateToTheGame

LateToTheGame Hit and Run

A CSI is kidnapped??? :eek: Wow - what an original plot twist. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No, no really - it is original. In the other series the CSIs who were kidnapped were men! So this is totally different. ;)

5. VaveAma92

VaveAma92 Police Officer

I'm excited!!!! This is really interesting. I feel for poor Calleigh. For some reason she keeps getting the bad end of all of these thug stunts. Goodness. But she's a tough chica.

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

So....Calleigh gets kindnapped :eek: GREAT :D .
    I waited for 6 years for a CSI in Miami getting kidnapped :D and I'm really happy it is Calleigh ;)
    But the thing that I love is her giving clues to her CSI fellows :lol: : I'm glad they decided doing this cause they'll show that at least she's a CSI and she's smart ;) .
    Unfortunately they didn't show it very well in the last two seasons.

On a bad note...I don't know why but this thing gets me worried. I'm really worried they will start with Calleigh what they did with Eric :rolleyes: ...I mean troubles, troubles and troubles. I don't like it :(

I can't wait for these episodes to be aired :eek:

7. delkolover

don't worry Cal won't be playing the Damsel in Distress in the ep....anything but, trust me ;)

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

This epi sounds interesting but it would appeal to me more if it was a different character.
    To me this plot sounds like a pefect Ryan centered story, he should be the victim & let this show him the dark side of gambling.
    Seems like a waste...im rather bored of the Horatio & Calleigh hour....i'd much rather see more on Ryan/job; Natalia/shooting; Eric/injury aftermath....ALEXX, FRANK any of these characters who seem to be shoved on the backburner this ENTIRE season!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hope the next epi we get something different ;)

9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I actually think the kidnapping storyline reflects everything else she's been given over the past two seasons a little too much. That's just me though. I mean, first she gets hit and flies into a canal, then she's confronted with some guys at which point she chases them into the street and they drive off and now she's being kidnapped altogether. I would have thought they'd give her some variety to deal with instead of this evolution of vehicular incidents. :lol:

Then again, the rest of the team has a lot of drama on their own so I can understand the reasoning for putting Calleigh behind the proverbial wheel of this storyline.

10. Della

Della Police Officer

Alexx has already been kidnapped in CSI Miami. Admittedly it wasn't the sole basis for the storyline that the episode was about but, in my opinion, that was the great thing about Alexx's kidnapping, that it was intrinsic to the storyline and not the actual storyline itself.

I'm really sorry but in all honesty I think Calleigh's proposed kidnapping storyline and especially how it comes about really should have stayed as a possibility in the Fanfic world.

On the face of it, I would say that it's contrived, simply to put Calleigh in jeopardy. I mean the two guys are by the roadside waiting for Calleigh to come along, one of them playing injured and then Calliegh just so happens to be going down that road... Hmmm.... I suppose I'll have to see how it actually pans out, but right now, it doesn't look promising at all.

...And as someone else has mentioned, there are other characters on the show other than Calleigh and Horatio. These two characters seem to be getting the bulk of the juicy storylines now, whereas in the past it was an ensemble of characters who shared the storylines in each epsiode.

That's what's missing for me and, on the face of it, this proposed storyline seems to promote the fact that little has changed.

...Shame really...

:)

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I perfectly understand what you guys mean....and I agree with you :D
    I want some new stuff with the other members like Eric, Ryan and Natalia ;) .

To me they chose the wrong order for things to happen.
    I mean s6 was all H's troubles and Calleigh's troubles and I totally agreee with Speedcochrane about vehicular incidents. :lol:

Pleas give her a break.
    It looks like if troubles begin for a person they must continue for at least half season :eek:
    They all really need a break :rolleyes:

And Della yeah it's too fanfic :rolleyes:
    I mean it is the simplest trick they could ever paly....and yeah they were waiting for her :rolleyes: .
    I don't know why I don't like it....but I'm really curious to see the kidnapping scene.

On a positve note I can't wait for her being in hostage and giving clues to her friends :lol:

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I agree that it is a little fanfic, actually I read a fanfic just like it! :lol:

Still I have to disagree about Calleigh getting all the storylines because we have to admit nothing happened to her in season 4 and in season 5 we just had the Going Under storyline, and this season season we had STG and now this one so it really hasn't been much. If we compare it to Eric... getting caught with weed, sister's cancer, sister dying, going to brazil, getting shot (almost dying), getting sued, dealing with the head injury... so he's had A LOT of stuff going on. Ryan also had his storylines, with the gambling, getting fired, struggling to come back, bottom line always getting in trouble. Even Natalia with being the mole, becoming a CSI, her husband coming back and getting killed, then being blamed for his death, sister getting kidnapped, the whole FBI storyline... and let's not even talk about Horatio!! :lol: So I do think it's Calleigh turn and I'm looking forward to this episode even though it's very fanfic. Of course all I'm reffering to is seasons 4-6. ;)

13. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

While I like the idea of Calleigh giving clues, this kidnapping thing probably should've been left in the "fanfic" universe. If they're gonna do it, they should do it right, and I have a feeling it's not gonna have the impact that, say, Nick's kidnapping did in CSI Las Vegas. I also really think this would've been great for Ryan, too, as we know very little about his personal life and we could've learned more through this.

But I do have to disagree w/people who are saying the show focuses too much on Calleigh. What kind of character development has she been given in the past two years? Not much, especially compared to H, Nat and Eric. She's gotten a couple "throw me a bone" storylines (ie: run off the road last season), but nothing solid since Season 3 (with her dad).

I think Eric has had a TON of character stuff, more than his fair share. And Nat, for being a new character, has had her moments to shine in the last two seasons as well.

I'd much rather see Cal and Ryan be focused on. I do agree that H has more than his share of character stuff, but he's the lead, so that's to be expected (plus, I really felt there was a lack of that character development of H last year, so at least something's going on w/him this year).

I don't think we'll ever get back to the "good ol' days," where the whole team's troubles were interweaved throughout the season (like in Seasons 1 & 2). This kidnapping plot can be done well if all the characters are invested, but already they're confusing it by having Kyle go missing at the same time. That seems counterproductive - do we really need two characters in jeopardy? Can't we just focus on Calleigh and show the whole team and how they depend on her(kind of like what they did w/Sara in CSI Vegas this season).

Anyhow, we'll see how it plays out. I'm all for Cal getting to show her skills, and for the characters — especially H — to appreciate what she does for the team. She's been holding them together for the past two years, in my view, while H has become increasingly withdrawn. So... go Calleigh!

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

No, which is why this episode is pretty reflective of the fan fic world and really, having two missing characters at the same time still seems like Calleigh will be getting a 'throw me a bone' storyline. Why not do one at a time? :rolleyes: They don't need to hurry the development of Kyle, especially by giving him er, the same storylines he's had since we first saw him. OMG he escaped? HOLY CRAP.

Couldn't agree more. For some reason the entire Miami team hasn't really come together soley because of a team member since 'Lost Son' and 'Man Down'. They have this 'all in a days work' mentality which would be expected if this were maybe season one but we're almost seven years in.

Maybe after all of this Calleigh will be all light and bubbly again? :D No? Okay. :lol:

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

It hasn't just been men on CSI that have been kidnapped; both girls, Catherine & Sara (both in Season 7 as well) were so it makes Calleigh being taken away no more original.

The only thing I can say is the writer's are in a huge jam, coming up with a certain amount of new episodes in a limited number of weeks. Coming up with plotlines could be hard. But, they shouldn't be spending their time watching the other series trying to see what they should put on their show.

Another point: I love Calleigh, but their putting to much Calleigh!drama in a small space, even though I know we didn't have a certain amount of Calleigh-centric storylines. Like Geni mentioned above, the car-wreck, the gun situation and now this, it's becoming to much. Space it out a bit more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.