CSI: Miami is moving to Sunday at 10PM!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by srqmiamifan, May 19, 2010.

1. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Last night's re-run performed better compared to Sunday's.

Dude, Where's My Groom? brought 6.50 million viewers and a 1.6 in the 18/49 share.

2. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ Do you know what time it was on last night? I was watching at the usual time here, but it didn't show, so I thought they'd already taken it off from Mondays. I caught Sunday's, though.

Hey, I liked Cold Case :lol: To be fair, I thought CC ran on Sundays for about 7 years, and held a decent following in the ratings (even at the end, about 10 million people were still watching). 7 years on Sundays is a lot -- and with on average (or about more) the same amount of viewers, Miami could still go for a long time.

3. Grissom rules

I think that CSI:Miami aired on it's regular timeslot at 10pm.

4. Divot

Divot Victim

Hi Folks, I hope I am not in the wrong forum here. I have a quick question, does anyone else think that CBS or TPTB are trying to 'deep-six" this show? The entire front page of CSI Files is all 'Vegas" or "NY" and no postings on "Miami." Then the show moves to Sundays (the Artic Zone of TV - after football games, it might air at midnight). It just seems that for one of the biggest shows of all time that it is being put on a shelf and forgotten. Maybe I have the wrong perception. If so please let me know. Thanks! Also if I am in the wrong forum please let me know where I should have gone, I did check the other forums but didn't seem to think my question belonged there?

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I think a case could be made for CBS trying to "deep-six" CSI Miami.

But I also believe that it is the show within the franchise that is stuggling the most to add to it's audience, and more importantly retain its old audience. It's been bleeding viewers for a couple of seasons now and they only attempt I've seen to staunch the flow is to promote and focus on one storyline and two characters. And it didn't work. So either they don't know how to save the show ... or they have simply stopped caring.

It begs the question why they just didn't cancel it rather than banish it to the death spot. I'm sure they had their reasons, but unless the writers and showrunner on Miami pull off a miracle I have my doubts that the show will last much past this season.

And with the spoilers we've been seeing it looks like business as usual with the same, repetitive, tired old storys that will focus on the same characters as in the past four seasons. This tells me that no one in authority is making any valid attempt to save this show from cancellation.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm pretty sure that csi files is not affliated with CBS, so I don't think that has anything to do with the show possibly being on its way out. Honestly, I am worried about the timeslot, but I'm hoping for the best.

7. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Me Personally, my mood is a downer at that timeslot as the only thing in my mind is that the weekend is over and work is tomorrow. I didn't mind Monday night as it was a good way to end the toughest day of the work week and hopefully lead to a good Tuesday.

8. yen35

yen35 Witness

Is this good or bad? 1.6 I mean? Cos ratings work in a slightly different way in my country. I know the normal viewers for CSIM for a new episode last year were around 10 million (b4 castle, around 14 million) so 6.5 million for a repeat doesn't seem so bad right? Hopefully the show will run for a few more years. For a show to be canceled doesn't the viewers have to fall to about 4 mil?

9. Grissom rules

^^These kind of numbers for a repeat episode are generally good.

This summer CSI:Miami performes way better compared to the other CSI shows in the 18/49 categoty and equally with CSI in overall viewers.

10. Remke79

Remke79 Witness

i hope it will work out ok its on sunday and the weekend is over , but i think its a bad move from the station to do that(its happen a lot in the past with other series and the series will die)

11. Grissom rules

Last night's re-run of Kill Clause brought 4.68 million viewers and a 1.0 on the 18/49 share.

12. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

I guess I'm the only who's glad that it'll be on sunday now. My store closes early so even if I'm night shift I can still make it home in time to see it. It also gives me something to look forward to on Sundays, I hate weekend tv.

13. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Wow, we can be proud of the ratings last week; we achieved No. 18 in viewers and beat the other two CSI's. Considering the ratings include the Emmys, football, and a dozen reality shows, that is quite an accomplishment! People still aren't tuning in on Sundays, which is a little worrisome.

14. Grissom rules

Monday's re-run of Point Of Impact brought 6.15 million viewers and a 1.6 in the 18/49 share.

15. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I notice that NBC is running football in the Sunday evening primetime slot. Did they do this also last year? Would that cause CBS to only run one football game instead of switching over to see the end of another game before 60 Minutes? I am probably stretching here but am trying to see some glimmer of hope for viewership. They are sure bashing our show on TVbythenumbers.com in their review of the Sunday 10 p.m. timeslot. Not one fan has commented, only the haters who wish the show would die quickly. So discouraging!