CSI:LV season 10 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Solitaire, Jan 10, 2010.

1. lal

lal Pathologist

Happy Vegas Tuesday :)

2. tootes

tootes Rookie

Happy Vegas Tuesday Everyone :D x

3. ericandryanfan

ericandryanfan Hit and Run

Did anybody see last nights episode, i thought it was alright, greg looked hot as usual!!!!

4. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

^ I did, enjoyed it. Good to see Ray back, missed him last week.

Thought they handled quite a serious subject, and did it well.

Could have done without Lindsay's singing, though!:lol:

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I also enjoyed it. I thought it was a well written story, performed well. It was quite sad really, and I didnt see the twist, so that was good.
    I also wasnt overly impressed with Lindsay's singing but she was ok I suppose- it was only supposed to be a High School production, and trust me my old school did shows with singers way worse than that!

6. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

Missed last week's episode due to being up to my eyeballs in writing. Missed Tuesday's showing due to being up to the eyeballs in migraine medication. I was determined I'd get tonight's showing!

This is another of the episodes that I've been looking forward to since they aired in the US, and it's another that didn't let me down. Although I did know the twist (well, one of them; surprisingly, I DIDN'T know who the murderer was until it was finally revealed - which makes for a refreshing change!), what I was interested in seeing was how it played out.

The scene with Sean's grandmother and Brass' sudden "oh" of realisation was superb. On the other end of the scale, the scene with Greg and the kid in interrogation was equally good. And then there was every single scene that featured Laurent. And the juxtapositioning of the scenes from Cabaret. And Lindsey! (NB I had no issues with her singing, but the boy who had the solo mid-episode was another story - I wish he could have picked a key and stuck with it!)

I think, though, that possibly the best thing about the episode was Sean's character. It would have been so easy to have over done him, either in his redemption or in his thuggish behaviour, but I think the writers got it just about right.

All in all, then, definitely a good episode.

I'm now going to return to stewing over what's going to happen in the finale!

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Happy 'Vegas Tuesday' people! We are going through these weeks far too quick for my liking.

8. tootes

tootes Rookie

^^ I agree.. don't want Vegas to finnish !! :\

& Happy 'Vegas Tuesday' Everyone :D xx

9. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

Well that was a little...underwhelming.

It definitely didn't help that I got a half hour of family drama (the real life variety) in the middle, but once again CSI does old Vegas and leaves me cold. I don't know what it is about the old Vegas episodes, but I just find them boring and this one had the added disadvantage of a character I'd have strangled straight off in Terpsie. Ugh.

Also: iron rust. Last time I checked, rust is, by definition, iron. *sigh* When I can nitpick the science, CSI, you're doing something wrong. (Admittedly, I've been nitpicking the internet stuff since day one, but that would at least be my day job... [If I never hear the phrase again "The IP address identifies the computer", I will be a happy, happy web programmer])

The 'b' story was a little better, if for no other reason than Catherine's expression when the guy starts whooping and hollering on learning that the abortion clinic bomber's dead. Otherwise, that too was a pretty meh sort of story. It was also great to see David get to do something other than apologise for being late and provide a time of death.

To be fair, it's definitely not the worst episode of the season, but considering how bad Unshockable was that really doesn't say much!

10. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I agree with Athersgeo. It wasn't the worst episode of the season but it wasn't the best by any stretch.

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I thought the episode was slow in parts, but I enjoyed it. I love the 'old Vegas' episodes, mainly because it gives Greg something to do. He always sounds so enthusiastic when talking about it. And he was looking very cute. Loved the comment about him using hair dyes in his earlier, more carefree years. I did use to love his wacky hairstyles.
    The b case started off promisingly but then waned abit. My Mum pointed out that Sara and 'Dr Ray' have great chemistry, and I have to say I agree with her. They work together really well. Im glad that Jorja came back to teh show, because although she started off as one of my least favourite characters she grew on me, and I definitely missed her when she had gone.
    Aww no Wendy yet. I want to see if her and Hodges have started a relationship. I certainly hope so.

12. lal

lal Pathologist

I thought the episode was ok , i enjoyed Nick and Greg's scenes , it made me laugh when that woman was flirting with Brass , i don't want this season to either :)

13. tootes

tootes Rookie

Happy 'Vegas Tuesday' Everyone :D !!

Am determined to watch the whole of & comment on tonights epi as was asleep by the end of last weeks :lol::rolleyes:

:) x

14. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Oh no! I only just realised it was Vegas Tuesday! I've missed most of the episode :(

15. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

Wow.

That was--

Wow.

I think I can safely say that was the best episode of CSI that I've seen in a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG while. Not just this season, but going back across catching up on the prior nine seasons. It was a really good story and it had a really and truly heartbreaking twist.

I just have a couple of complaints:
    1) I wish this could have been a two-part story. I feel like the ending was a little rushed in an effort to tie everything up and the twist of who Connor's father was kinda-sorta came out of the blue a little. It would have been nice to have given the story that much more time to develop and flesh out.
    2) If the cold case is three years old, why did Nick and none of the graveyard shift seem to know anything about it? A case as reasonably high profile as this, you'd think they'd have at least heard of it, if not actually worked on it - and given that Brass was the detective in charge on the case, you REALLY would think that Catherine and Nick, at least, would have known about it instead of coming in cold. Granted, from a story telling point of view, having them know nothing about the case helped get the exposition in, but... *sigh* And the really annoying thing is that they could have avoided that if they'd just pushed the case to five years' old. That way, they'd have had a legitimate reason for not knowing, to wit, dealing with Walter Gordon...

I feel kinda churlish about saying that, though, because other than those things (and it's mainly point 2 that I'm stuck on; point 1's just a wish for more!) this was just about note perfect.

Pity that this season hasn't had a few more like this and a few less like last week's.