Concerts.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by kazzy, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

^ Haha, I'm sure he is! They're playing in this small space (I've been there before, the Melee gig, you can get so close to the band one girl could even tie a bandmember's shoelaces :lol:) so that should be REALLY cool. :)

2. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Is it in Paradiso or Melkweg or something like that? I love those small venues. You get so close to the artist, I hate venues like the HMH (Heineken Music Hall) and Ahoy, because they're so massive.. And, most of the time you get to meet the artist after the concert. I got to meet Martha Wainwright and Joan Wasser (of Joan As Police Woman) after their shows in Paradiso. I also love Tivoli Oudegracht, although the people in the back of the venue (near the bar) always talk too much. They should shut up! I also met Martha Wainwright (yeah, once again) there. Tivoli de Helling sucks though.. it's like a little shed in a suburb of Utrecht :lol:

I'm going to Woven Hand tonight. I don't think anyone here knows them.. if you do.. woohoo, a fellow Woven Hand connaisseur! :D I've seen David Eugene Edwards (the singer of Woven Hand) a few times before.. 3 times, I think. He's such a weird guy, but an interesting weird guy though.
    I'm also going to go to of Montreal in January and Katy Perry in March. Both of the concerts should be loads of fun. :)

3. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

my last concert was Kelly Clakson for her Breakaway tour. fantastic concert i cannot wait for her to go out on tour again.

right now i'm looking around to see if She & Him are playing anywhere in the NY/NJ area, i am in love with this band!!

4. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

Yeah, the Melkweg Old Hall! It's really cool there.

I hate those big things too. People push eachother to try and get closer to the stage, I really hate that.

I tried to get tickets to the Katy Perry concert but they were all sold out. :(

5. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

I've been to two concerts. Rascal Flatts and Coldplay.

Rascal Flatts was outside and it was raining, but they were amazing in concert. And it was awesome. So yeah.

I went to the Coldplay concert two and a half weeks ago. It was a bit short, but I was never bored. Also they did this cool thing during Lovers in Japan where they shot confetti from the rafters where the speakers were for about a minute, then stopped, and then they did it agaiun and they turned off the lights and turned on blacklights and the confetti glowed! It was awesome!

6. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

I've only been in Guns 'N Roses concert about two years ago (summer 06). And of course I've seen many bands playing in festivals, but I don't know if festivals count :D I wish I had time to go watch HIM play at Tavastia on New Years eve (now when i'm 18) , but I think that my 2-week trip to Hongkong is worth waiting one more year (after all, HIM plays at Tavastia every year on New Years eve) to see the band.

Maybe next year there's some good bands coming.. let's hope so, 'cause I would really want to go to concerts with my friends (so far I've had my parents with me -.-'' that wasn't nice at all.. only they watched the show from far back and I was at the front row, so I saw them only when I went to our car after the concert :lol: )