10x05 - 'Killer Regrets' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Futon Critic

CSI: MIAMI
    Air Date: Sunday, October 23, 2011
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#1005) "Killer Regrets"

HORATIO PROTECTS A MEXICAN POLICE CHIEF FROM THE MYSTERIOUS ASSASSIN WHO KILLED HER HUSBAND, ON "CSI: MIAMI," SUNDAY, OCT. 23

"Killer Regrets" - Horatio protects a Mexican police chief from the mysterious assassin who killed her husband, on CSI: MIAMI, Sunday, Oct. 23 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Horatio Caine...........David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne.....Emily Procter
    Eric Delko...............Adam Rodriguez
    Ryan Wolfe.............Jonathan Togo
    Det. Frank Tripp.......Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista......Eva La Rue
    Walter Simmons........Omar Miller

RECURRING CAST:
    Memmo Fierro................... Robert LaSardo
    Scott O'Shay...................... Ed Begley, Jr.

GUEST CAST:
    Geraldo Torres................... Carlos Sanz
    Anita Torres....................... Kate del Castillo
    Carlos Puente..................... Marco James
    Brendon Dwyer.................. Scott Patterson
    Mala Noche #1.................. Burton Perez
    Will Jackson....................... Kevin T. McCarthy
    Luis Tafoya......................... Jeremiah Bitsui
    Reporter............................. Danielle Demski
    Jamie Mitchell..................... Amber Lancaster

WRITTEN BY: Brett Mahoney
    DIRECTED BY: Sam Hill RATING: To Be Announced

2. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Preview.

Haha! I've never heard Won't Get Fooled Again being played in the show other than in the credits, but the gang is listening to it in this episode. Cool little thing they did there. :thumbsup:

3. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I'm really liking the premise of this episode. These sort of things are happening all the time in Mexico. I wish we had more honest, brave police like Horatio and his team to protect and serve ;)

4. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Should be a great episode:drool:

But one thing I don't understand why Horatio had to be reminded about his wife's murder? Anobody think he's forgotten?

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

This is one I'll probably record and watch later with my finger on the fast forward button. Though I do like Scott Patterson, but he'll probably end up being the bad guy LOL.

6. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Ummm...yea. I don't think they could beat this story any deader than the dudes on "The Walking Dead" beat in the heads of the zombies :rolleyes: This storyline is like a flesh-eating zombie!! It keeps coming back to life and eating up all the screen time from other important H storylines and other characters :eek: (Sorry for the kinda gross analogy - I'm just really diggin "The Walking Dead" right now :lol: On a sidenote: Did anyone else see Rex Linn (Frank) in one of the "Walking Dead" webisodes? He has a small bit in webisode 4 or 5 I think - it's short and kinda creepy/gory, but just FYI for all you Rex fans :) I liked him in it and was surprised to see him!).

Basically, when I think of the Marisol storyline, this is what comes to mind: :brickwall:. It was the weakest, lamest, most contrived storyline on Miami - a dozen others were far superior - many fans have often expressed their dislike and disbelief in the "love story" TPTB shoved down our throats. And while other characters' backgrounds, friendships and storylines have been pushed to the backburner or completely forgotten, this one dumbass arch keeps comin back :wtf: If I have to see that scene w/Marisol being shot ONE MORE FREAKIN TIME....:scream: We get it - she was shot - by Memmo - we KNOW - we JUST SAW IT ON THE PREMIER! AGAIN! After six years can we PLEASE MOVE ON!! :rolleyes:

This show has moved on from other storylines from one episode to the next w/out any back references or continuity, but this one lame storyline just won't die. I stick to my previous arguments - the Marisol storyline is the bad zombie that, no matter how many times you hit her in the head, just won't freakin' die!!:shifty:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  7. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Well, actually, I meant it's very unhumain to remind Horatio about his loss. I understand when Memmo or any other villain do this. But why Anita? She's just met him, asks for his help and say such a thing :confused:
    As for Marisol storyline, I'm not the ont who loves it but I don't hate it. I like Alana, she's beautiful and good actress. They had amazing chemistry together. What's the matter with they had very brief relationship? Whould their story be more plausible if they had a season-long romance? Maybe not.
    One thing that bother me - after her murder Horatio behave like her death "took his whole heart", like he was mad about her. However, rewatching these eppis I've never seen any passion between them. Horatio was sympathetic, caring, friendly, loving but he didn't seem to be so deep in love, neither did she. So because of this mismatch I can't buy this love-story

8. gsugirl

gsugirl Victim

I couldn't have said it better myself!! Thanks for expressing my feelings about this seemingly never-ending storyline. I do so enjoy reading all of your posts!

9. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Yawn...another episode where we get to see H beat someone up..all while he operates under the mantra that it's okay.

10. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Really looking forward to this one! :D :D

9 can't come fast enough.

11. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I don't know what will happen in the rest of the country, but it looks as if the show will start on time (in CST anyway).

Not really looking forward to seeing Memmo again but we shall see what happens.

12. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

@gsugirl I'm so with you on that. While I have no problem with January-June marriages, Marisol made Horatio look like a cradle robber. It should have been him and Yelina. Now THAT was a romance! :thumbsup:

13. fanilowchick

Is Natalia going to be in this episode? I thought I read somewhere that this was the first of the episode she'd been cut from.

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

She's not in it.

15. fanilowchick

:( Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the information.