You know you're growing up when...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Seren_y_Gogledd, Feb 18, 2008.

1. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

- when you patch your girlfriend's pants the old fashioned way

- when you look outside and realize it's time to clean the windows, when "back in the days" you needed to be reminded to do it by your grandmother

- when you realize you live on your own and you don't have to clean the wondows, but a nagging part of you actually feels the need to do it anyway

2. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

- When you're no longer ashamed to admit you watch Disney films and occasionally like them (especially if you've stopped claiming they're for your kids)

- When your parents are no longer The Enemy and you can talk to them as friends. (Does this count if the 'friend' part involves you and your mum swapping dirty jokes by SMS?)

- If you've ever watched a teen movie and found yourself siding with the lead character's parents because the lead is such a stroppy little madam.

- The first time you have the hots for a President, or an actor playing the President, it's officially GAME OVER. Yes, even if it is Mark Harmon.

3. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

OMG, I've been reading the things people have put and I've been like 'yeah, yeah'. They're so true. How depressing. I feel old! Anyway, some of mine.

* When you see a group of girls going out for the night and you're like 'aren't they cold?'.

* When a group of school kids get on the bus and you're disgusted at how immature and loud they all are. I so do that now! I was sat on the tram and I realised I was doing it and I could have cried!

* You can no longer understand txt talk when you used to think it was really cool.

4. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

When you say "nah I shouldn't go out this week bills are coming up in a couple of weeks."

When you realize you have more than a couple of hundered dollars in your bank account AND you didn't have to ask your dad for any of it.

When you complain about a friend's birthday thing because it starts after 9 and you "wanted to be in by 10."

When you catch yourself saying "man that must have been fifteen years ago."

When all of your friends start getting married.

When all of your friends start having babies.

When you know how to do things like change diapers, pay bills, fix a disposal, clean grape juice out of a carpet, or travel across country.

5. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

You know you grew up when you realize that you are on your own and you don;t need your parents to pay your bills. you grow up when you move away from the parents' house and start looking for a job to pay bills. You realize you grew up when you see the world through different eyes: your friends have changed, the people to whom you have swore that you will be friends forever and ever have distanced. You grow up when you realize that you have to start a family and have children and settle down. You realize you grew up when you start missing the high school years and you would give 5 years of your life just for one more year in high school. You grow up when you become bitter and bitter by the day, when you realize that not everyone is nice. There is one catch phrase that captures all of this: you grow up when you keep telling yourself : "I'm on my own".

6. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I just thought when I was watching Soccer Saturday.. anyway.. when footballers you remember playing are starting to become managers, i.e. Gareth Southgate, Dennis Wise, etc..

7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

When you pass the children's programmes when your flicking through the channels and think what the hell has happened to them :lol:

8. nessy

nessy Witness

When you start to have school reunions even though you actually only left school about 8 years ago. Not only that but all the people you didn't get along with at school suddenly want to chat to you and be your friends.
    I also don't feel like clubbing much, usually get put to shame by some of my older friends who at around double my age still enjoy clubbing. I'm 24, they're between 40-50.

9. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

You know you're growing up when...

you finaly find the guts to say the real truth to your parents and dont walk away from it..

when childeren calling you Madame...

When you find your first grey hair and you gane a lot of waith...

10. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

You don't really want pink and green hair anymore...

11. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

When you say "When I was little, I used to...."
    And you only just started being a teen :lol:

When your parents are your friends more than your enemy..?

12. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

When you become a teacher. Seriously - it makes you feel old - I don't know why - but it does.

And you KNOW you're growing up when you frown at immature people, forgetting the fact that you used to do the same thing.

13. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

You can post reasons in this thread. :lol:

You and your friends can have a serious discussion about Area 51. Aliens are never mentioned.

When you can have an actual discussion with your parents.

You argue a lot less with your parents. It's more like a healthy debate now.

You can have a serious giggle-free discussion about products in an adult shop w/ your friends.

Some of your high school teachers are starting to forget you and you're starting to forget some of them.

14. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

- When you trade in club and night outs with eating out at restaurants instead.

- When you suddenly consume more wine than any other type of alcohol.

- When people start referring you as Sir/Ma'am.

- When you start referring to younger people as 'this kid...'

- When suddenly you're dreading (or anticipating?) your high school reunion.

- When you rarely see your friends anymore.

- When sex talks are more morbid and graphic and yet you discuss it like it's the weather.

- When you find yourself to be (or assigning) the designated driver when there's drinking involve.

15. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

-When you realize you are becoming EXACTLY like your mother.

-When you recognize none of your little sister's teacher's names, even though you attended that same school.

-When you have to file taxes by yourself and can do it accurately.

-When you realize you are no longer growing :lol:

-When you start counting your birthdays by decades instead of years ( two decades, three decades, etc..)

-When you no longer get novelty gift for your birthday, just the things people think you "need".

-When the magic of Christmas is worn off by your credit card statement.

-When you can't recognize the names of half the popular bands.