Wild, Quirky Landmarks & Roadside Attractions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Desertwind, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This is bizzare, funny and interesting.. have any of you ever been to any of these?in the USA :cool:

CLICK HERE

2. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

Funny how they are all american sites, as seeing this is quite a global discussion board, you couldnt provide us with..a global wild quirkly landmarks? :p

3. Bev

Bev Pathologist

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Bev, I like that big lobster and big prawn. What I can't find is a big pot of boiling water. Then use that big banana for a big banana split for dessert. (You might be able to tell that I haven't had dinner yet.)

5. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Heck, with how expensive bananas were, we could've used the Big Banana to buy the entire world :lol:

Eh, New South Wales is boring...i don't think we have anything quirky here. Theres one on the Hume Highway on the way to Victoria, but I can't remember what it is *puts on thinking cap*

6. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

Our town landmark is a big corn stalk :rolleyes: - it's quite stupid really :lol:

7. drkate

drkate Corpse

I've been to the Big Pineapple in Australia a few times, but that's about it...

8. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

ice driven past the big banana and koala numerous times lol.

and carlz most of the 'big' landmarks are in NSW hehe

9. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Really?...Well, it seems boring to me..I mean, I've lived here forever, and I've seen most of the "landmarks" so many times they don't seem really special anymore. But then again, I've never seen any of the 'big' things...but woah, thats a lot of big things...

I've only really been on 2 holidays to Melbourne and Brisbane, and we didn't really see anything other than the cliches. And that quirky one along the Hume Highway, but I can't remember what it is...ah, this is gonna bug me.

10. heartagram69

u talking bout the gate to melbourne? the red and yellow pole things? lol.

thats rather odd now i think about it.

ive lived in melb my whole life, but i never get bored of going to the G hehe, best sports ground in the world!

11. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

In Sweden when you drive to east from Stockholm..erm don't remember the road number but it goes thru Norrköping, Linköping and Jönköping. Don't remember which city of those (I don't know about Swedish history after they gave us to Russians) was "home of flighter planes" and by that road, you can see two planes from every decade put on concrete "poles".

So yeah, we had woman with us who explained what those are but otherwise you'd be like "wtf? Planes?"

Someoen cracked a joke "yeah, those are the only planes that Swedes have got up in the air" :lol:

12. heartagram69

hahaha thats classic!!! :lol:

13. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Yes, very Finnish way to insult Swedes :D Whole bus burst into laugh ;D

14. Kiwi_kid

Kiwi_kid Hit and Run

We have lots of random landmarks in NZ, we are kind of a random country. Near where I live we have a Big Kiwi-fruit, over the hill in Paeroa they have a big L&P bottle (NZ soft drink, its world famous in nz...) There is also the Big Gumboot in Taihape (hmm town famous for gumboot throwing competition :eek: probably the most embarassing (they are all pretty embarassing) is the giant carrot in Ohakune - umm hello? Yes I can see many tourists braving one of the most boring towns on earth to see the Giant Carrot.
    Here in Scotland there doesn't seem to be any big stuff, hmm a giant umbrella would be fitting me thinks.

15. CSIWisconsin48

CSIWisconsin48 Hit and Run

i haven't gone out of the states yet, but i've been to the Corn Palace in South Dakota and my city has a truck on top of a silo...if thats interesting enough lol:p