Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

We're part way through the re-runs of Season 3, and last night was 'Sweet Sixteen'(yes where our Miss Monroe was bitten by a snake). Fortunately, we're at that time in the Season where Miss Belknap is heavily pregnant and therefore in fewer and fewer scenes. Unfortunately, she still has to earn her wage and speak :( Last night's effort (or lack of it) had her emphasising the price of the car to the point where I think my 7 year old could have done better even if she was speaking in German :p

2. bethybug

bethybug Hit and Run

That's because Vanessa Ferlito could act. Chemistry is not some magical, mystical thing that you have or you don't. On screen chemistry is a result of great acting. And Anna is either not capable or not interested enough to do that.

3. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Yes! That's it! Since the beginning, D/L was a chapter off teen lit. My friend often compares them to One Tree Hill for some reason haha.

GSR was NEVER in your face unlike D/L. And they weren't forced into a relationship since the intention was there already. Unlike D/L....

I think it was Anna who was explaining it. I was like, "Whaaa? That's it? You guys blind?" The scene was very poorly made. Pathetic excuse.

Probably to redeem themselves with the mothers issue.

I kinda expected hostility between Danny and Lindsey. After all, she's a "replacement" for Aiden. She came in IMMEDIATELY AFTER Aiden was fired. That would've been a better storyline. Instead, the (somewhat) hostility came from Flack.

4. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Boy, do I remember those times. That was the time when I still had high hopes for Lindsay. I also expected the hostile/tense dynamic between Danny and Lindsay to continue. I have this feeling that was what the writers intended ... until that scene where Lindsay told Danny off for always calling her 'Montana'. It was probably meant to be a pivotal scene where Lindsay stood up for her, I dunno, roots or something, but all it did was make her come off as sulky and overly sensitive. You could see it in the way Danny reacted to her. It was like, "WTF? I was just teasing. Chill!"

Maybe that was when the writers figured Anna couldn't handle a hostile relationship story plot and went to the opposite extreme instead.

And I'm sad to say, she couldn't handle that either.

5. chaostheory08

^ The "Montana" name-calling can be a source of hostility. But they turned it to a term of endearment. Bleah! And she acted like she didn't like it.... psh...

I was kinda hoping that Danny would sulk a bit after Aiden was fired. Like he'd be hostile to the one "replacing" her for an episode at least.

6. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

Me too. think it would have been interesting if there was a real competition between CSIs of the opposite genders in NY. We've seen it happen between Wolfe and Delko on Miami, and some Sara and Catherine in the beginning, even Sara and Sofia. If they had gone Danny vs Lindsay, who knows the potential storyline that could come out from that?

I definitely agree. In Season 1, I felt the whole team was a team. With Lindsay, it increasingly feels like it's Lindsay vs The Rest of the Team, and now I'm afraid it'll be Danny And Lindsay vs The Rest of The Team. Even Peyton doesn't look like the odd one out, and she's the one with an exaggerated British accent! When will Lindsay stop sticking out like a sore thumb?

7. chaostheory08

Actually, unlike the other two CSI shows, there is no inter-office conflict in NY. Sure Mac has butted heads with Danny, Sheldon, Flack and even Stella -- but hey, he's the boss.

When Wolfe came in and joined the gang, Delko (and even Calleigh and Alexx) were kinda hesitant to let him in. It's understandable why they did that. Speedle was their good friend. Wolfe was his replacement.

The same thing here in NY with Aiden and Lindsey. It was like they forgot totally about Aiden in "Zoo York".

8. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

My point exactly. Lindsay coming in could have caused some major conflicts, except everyone loved Lindsay Sue so much that it was overlooked.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Further proof of what a Mary Sue she is. You would have thought at some point her methods would clash with someone else's on the team--it didn't even have to be Danny. Methods or philosophies clashing--something other than Little Miss Wunderkind proves herself time and again!

I think even if the conflict with Danny had continued for a while, we'd have ended up in the same place. I love how long the conflict between Delko and Ryan has carried on, how it's ebbed and flowed, but persisted. Of course, those are two characters of the same sex. A man and a woman, no matter how intensely they dislike each other, are bound to end up in bed together if they clash, right? :rolleyes:

Regardless, it might have played out better.

10. Catwoman

Catwoman Hit and Run

I completely have to agree. That scene was so forced and inanimate. The woman said the dialog as though she were reading the weather. Then again, that's how Anna delivers most of her lines...as though she were reciting them for the first time. She is not a good partner for Danny/Carmine (or anyone in the cast for that matter) who bothers to take the time to hone their craft and make their character appear to be an extension of themselves. [/rant] Sorry...it got away from me. :)

I'm still new and will play nice. :) Though I am very happy I found this forum because I was beginning to think that my cousin and myself were the only two people who actually wished that Lindsey never returned from Montana. :devil:

Take care,

Cat

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Welcome to the forum, Catwoman! :D I agree completely about Anna's delivery of her lines--totally flat and as though she's reading right from the script. I don't know whether she's just that bad or she doesn't put any effort in, but she's totally unnatural.

Believe me, you and your cousin are not the only ones unimpressed with Lindsay! There are actually quite a lot of us. :)

12. bethybug

bethybug Hit and Run

Welcome to the thread Cat. I agree about Anna's delivery of her lines. Even her "emotional" deliveries, fall flat. It's like she's reading from a prompter or something. Whatever it is, she just needs to go now.

13. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Hey Catwoman! It's nice to meet a fellow Lindsay hater =] join the club...

I'll never understand how people can think that her "emotional" scenes are so amazing and showcase Anna's "great" acting...I know that people's opinions are people's opinions, but it just seems blatantly obvious to me (and obviously to alot of others here) that she is nothing compared to the other excellent actors on the show and the other dynamic and layered characters.

(and could anyone please tell me where the Lindsay Monroe thread went? I never post on it, but i do like to read it to try and find out what it is exactly im supposed to like and admire about Lindsay, and it gives us more things to debate.)

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Threads that have not been posted in for more than a week no longer show up under the default view on the forum page. At the bottom of the forum list, there's a little scrolling box where you can choose to view threads that are older (over the past few weeks/months/etc). Since the Lindsay thread hasn't gotten any new posts in more than a week, it fell off of the main page.

Well, I wouldn't call myself a "hater", although other people have called me that. I'm definitely not a fan, though. ;)

I think sometimes people think that, if something is on a show or what-have-you, that it must automatically be good--and therefore, Lindsay must be a great character and Anna must be a great actress, simply because she's there. I'm not sure that makes total sense, but I know what I mean. :lol:

Or maybe it comes down to liking the idea of something, therefore wanting to love everything about it. If you want to like something, it's easier to make excuses or look past things another person might not ignore.

*shrug* Whatever the case, I don't want to make assumptions about why other people might like Lindsay. All I know is why I don't like her. ;)

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I stumbled upon this old interview with Anna and her husband. Guess which parts made me laugh so hard I snorted Diet Coke up my nose:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.