Torchwood

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by faith666, Oct 23, 2006.

1. celsie

celsie Victim

Here's a question for everyone who watched the episodes....

that Jack was so keen on protecting from Caryss? was anyone else thinking that it was the Doctor's from The Christmas Invasion? "It's of no importance to anyone but me." He referenced finding "the right Doctor" to Gwen in the first epi when he was talking about his 'can't die-ness.' is the hand the first step in Cap'n Jack's trail to find the Doctor?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah I think it is- though as far as I recall he had another hand for the second series. Anyone want to explain? And as Jack- yeah, I think he's looking for the Doctor because he wants to know why he was abandonned on Satalite 5 and the fact that there's some sort of temporal rift running through Cardiff (wtf!) and that the TARDIS can refuel there leads Jack to think the Doctor will eventually come back. Though I doubt we'll see that on Torchwood, but apparently Jack is back for Season 3 of Who!

Other than that: Torchwood- I support!

3. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

The hand is the doctors hand that was cut off in the Christmas Invasion, but how he got it is unclear. Maybe it will be explained later on in the series, i hope so.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I loved Torchwood tonight, thought it was a great episode! I wasn't sure last week, but tonight's episode had everything... :D

5. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I thought last nights ep was good, i really like Owen as i've probably mentioned before and i just felt sorry for him after he
    had that vision (due to that alien device) of that young woman being raped and murdered, he looked on the verge of tears.

But yeah this episode was really good, and it had a lot more in it then last weeks, though i still liked last weeks, and next weeks looks really good.

I really thought Owen had killed that guy when Gwen touched that device and saw herself with blood all over her hands, talking about the knife and that the guy was dead, but he didn't

6. celsie

celsie Victim

Did everyone see last night's? i gotta say, i've never considered myself a sci-fi geek... but as soon as Ianto unlocked that door, I was officially 'All Geeked Out!'

(and the little snog in the morgue made me laugh! :lol:)

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, it was brilliant last night, and quite freaky scary as well....

The little snog was funny, and the dialogue afterwards was certainly unexpected!! :lol:

I am really loving Torchwood, it is great TV. I'm thinking I prefer it to Doctor Who (*gasps* can it be that good?). Although, I do still love David Tennant.... ;)

8. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I'm warming to it now I have to admit. I still hated the first couple of episodes but it's been slowly improving since. I loved last nights episode Cyberwoman and I liked last weeks too with the device that let them see the past. I still prefer Doctor Who though. There's still something about Torchwood that I'm not too sure about. And Gwen still annoys me.

9. CSILauren

CSILauren Hit and Run

yeah i agree, the cyberwomen was a cool idea for the writers

10. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

I didnt really like the episode Cyberwoman, Ianto really annoyed me because of how many times he cried,but the scene in the morgue was unexpected and kinda funny,lol. Hopefully, next weeks episode will be better

11. talyra

talyra Hit and Run

She's a bit of a drip, isn't she? I'm not sure how she survived for so long in the police with her naivety. It's a bit of a shame - with Rose in Doctor Who, though I was far from her biggest fan, she was at least smart enough to occasionally grab something large and heavy to use as a weapon, a bit of a departure from the traditional useless sci-fi heroine who exists to look pretty and run around screaming. Although to be fair, Gwen doesn't do a lot of screaming... too much whining and whimpering though. I'm hoping she will toughen up once she gets over the shock of being thrown into the world of Torchwood and we'll see some of the savvy she'd need to make it as a cop come through.

12. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

So true. You'd've thought she'd be more realistic about life and how you can't save everyone with being in the police. She seems to have this really idealistic view of life and seems really shocked about Jack and co.'s attitude about some things. I would've thought she would be used to that in her job.

13. Lost2MuchSpeed

Lost2MuchSpeed Pathologist

omg there's a torchwood thread! YAY.
    so i'll throw in my two cents.

yep! i don't like Gwen much either, i just can't warm to her, she's freakin annoying and all "ethical". Her scene with Owen in the morgue was hilarious though. I lovve that guy!

BUT. No-one seems to be mentioning Jack's not so-kiss-of-life scene with Ianto. I mean come on Jack, you don't close your eyes, caress the guys chest and snog his face off if you're trying to get his breath back. ;)
    MAde me larff though that it was synchronised with Gwen and Owen's little escapade!

14. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

did anyone notice Jack's tension filled hand on Ianto's shoulder in the last episode? theres something going on there!

15. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I laughed so much at those kissing scenes. So funny. I agree though, it was a bit full on just to be healing him. It was totally unexpected.

And I love Owen too. I loved him in Bleak House. I think that was his first tv role or something. He's got a really weird mouth though, don't you think?