This "Spoiler Lab" Is *CLOSED For Good*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JorjaAnn

JorjaAnn Hit and Run

Re: Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Like, OMG, this place really is turning into a daycare.

"What are we, twelve?"

No offense to any twelve-year-olds out there.

Hoo boy, we need spoilers.

2. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Yeah spoilers, even foilers, are needed or this fighting is just going to keep escalating, which is sad because no matter which characters or plot lines or relationships someone on here likes, we all should be able to agree that we all like CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as a show overall.

3. JorjaAnn

JorjaAnn Hit and Run

Thank you, GSRLUVER, the whole point is to prep ourselves for the great season coming up, not to rip out eachother's jugulars out because we support different ships. I'm not gonna tell you where to shove it if you ship Grillows or Snickers or whatever, so long as you do me the same courtesy.

4. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

To be honest though, we are getting limited spoilers at the moment because they have stopped filming for a while. Isn't the latest spoiler that David Berman has been made regular and Liz Vassey is getting more airtime. That's the latest to come out.

5. JorjaAnn

JorjaAnn Hit and Run

As far as I know, yes.

98 days, if anyone was curious.

Usually we're in the 60s or 70s by now.

Boo.

And Dizzney, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Greg is pretty much an all-around favourite among the fans, so if there's a lack of airtime for him, they'll be hearing about it :)

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Alright lets settle down, the above comments were not necessary and you know it. But we will say that you're message of the dislike of certain topics and or direction of the thread was going was recieved. As is the fact that those who responded to it, allowed themselves to be drawn in or baited with this, please remember to catch yourselves before this happens again. ;)

Let me just address one more thing, there is one way to temporairly stop the arguing, and thats to lock the thread for a short time, this could be from one hour, to twenty-four hours to longer depending on the circumstance and how much of a break you all would need to collect yourselves and take a breath. - But if we EVER had a spoiler thread that didn't result in an arguement, sarcastic comments, or going off topic, I would seriously think that there was something wrong with all of you. :p

I have all the faith in the world that this message has been recieved and you all will be your happy, friendly selves again, or rather yourselves again. :D

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Destiny, I think it might be a good idea to temporarily lock the thread down, just because the fact for a nice cool down and because we just don't have spoilers to discuss about (new ones, at least).

The thread just keeps going and going in circles about Jorja Fox, and it gets tiring. It'd be nice to have it closed for sometime, then if one of us gets some new info (let's not try to create some false spoilers just to get it back opened) then we can PM you or TallyHo to reopen it?

Just an idea. :)

8. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I think it should lock it 'till Saga and other AMFT or something get their talking together, right now it shut down 'till Monday.

There is nothing to talking about the spoiler, right now the title is Revelation and they haven't been film yet.

Don't get wrong, I like Jorja Fox, she is going to be on few episodes and Gary, one episode. There is other fans like to talk about other thing, not just Jorja. Don't get me wrong, I get irritaded when someone talking about Greg this and Greg that and something they forget there is other people on the show that we like.

9. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

I agree that the thread should be closed temporarily. Right now the topic is revolving around Jorja because someone will mention her, some people will argue about her, then some people will defend her, and then it starts all over again. There is no right or wrong side to this as too little or too much of anything is never good. This is the vicious circle that happens in every spoiler thread when there aren't enough spoilers to go around. I hate to say it, but it's human nature for everyone (me included :() to stir the pot if it's gone still.

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I disagree that the thread should be locked. I think if people just calmed down and remember that these are spoilers. I know I get over excited about some subjects, but they are spoilers and a lot of times they never see the light.

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

How about an old, familiar rule for everyone: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. It works in my house.
    Constructive criticism and intelligent debates only. You can make your point without inflamatory comments.
    And above all else, be RESPECTFUL. It's really not that hard.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Yes indeed, I think it should stay open due to the fact that next week or next month there might be some info. that would be interesting, and relevelant. The thing is some fans that post spoiler info. feel that what they post is the word of god, and not subject to intrepretation, while other fans post a spoiler and has to defend their spoiler info. it's petty, completely unnecessary and shows lack of manners for the fan and the moderators as well, the derogatory remarks are infantile and rude. Nothing is written in stone till the night we view this show, respect would be the key, and a thank you, for your infomation would be refreshing as well:thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  13. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I say lock it until there are spoilers. Spoilers that pertain to the show, plots, and more than one or two characters and their relationship.

Thank you Destiny, your advice has been taken...you know me though a little (eh, going on 3 years...)can something be done here? It seems that us people over 20 are coming in less and less, which just makes it harder...I have taken to skimming as opposed to reading, so as not to get involved in arguments, but still, after skimming 4 pages of no spoilers and no age controll, I get sad and wonder where everyone went...

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Until there are more spoilers, I say lock it Destiny. Like you said if something comes up we can pm you or Tallyho about it.

This way we don't get the same posts and links about Jorja returning and how she feels about CSI again and again. The gushing over Jorja/Sara's return is getting a little nuts and very repetitive. And I'm getting a little tired of hearing about it, even if it is a spoiler. Though I really don't think it is a spoiler anymore.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

15. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I agree. I think that this thread should be locked. There's too much bickering, too much posting of the same spoilers over and over again, and just too much nastiness.

Like speedystokesgirl said, we can PM the mods if there's something interesting that pops up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.