The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i'd suggest getting two as well. i thought about only getting one but it would've been problematic if i went away etc (which i do quite a lot, and i'm out a fair bit too) - having two makes them a bit more self sufficient in that they can look out for eachother. they're brother and sister and they get on really well (with the occasional fight!) - i think if i had one i'd worry that it was pining or lonely but with two i can be fairly sure they're ok even if i'm not around.

my cats are a bit wary right now, i have just got a microchip cat flap (because we've had problems with a local cat coming in) - i had to scan them yesterday which wasn't an issue for boobs as he often lies still and doesn't mind being approached but millie hates being handled/approached unless it's on her terms and she does the approaching, so that was quite an entertaining job, making her sit still long enough to scan her! it's just been fitted and i'm wondering how long it'll take them to get over the fact that it's not the usual cat flap and just start using it. i suspect it might be a little while before they trust it.

2. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

I did it... I messaged the shelter about beautiful long haired brown tabby. :D :D So two it is :)

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yay! i really don't think you'll regret it, two cats are so playful together and they're a LOT of fun.

4. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

I actually lived together with 2 cats in the Netherlands for 7 months. They were hilarious and double the fun. Had to fetch a straw to one in the middle of the night or she would jump on me. :D

ETA: The shelter replied the cat I want is available! Going to get spayed on Friday! So happy! Hopefully can bring her home next week!

http://www.kassiabi.ee/index.php?10211227214554558

that's what she looks like :D

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  5. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

^ Aw, she's adorable Karlia!
    I'm sure that you will have a wonderful time together :)

I have two cats too, and I feel much better about leaving them home alone together than just one of them being there by themself. Although, they do ignore each other most of the time, but they are both older cats.

6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Oh how cute kitten! Yeah, the thing is that when they have each other, they don't miss humans so much.

I mean I had two older cats when had the latest kitten (I was kinda fostercare for his mommy, lived in our house for the summer, had to give her new home since our older cats got upset and didn't see the other for two weeks. It was very humanfrield and adorable cat and if I could have..I'd kept it myself. She was born in our farm originally)
    anyway, the older cats weren't so excited about the new one, so he was pretty much with me and my bf and when he was still tiny he was quiet durning the night but right away when my alarm went off in the mornings, started loud MEOWMEOWMEOW and then he was alle excited when I opened the door and he had company again (either run after my feet or jumped to bed if my bf was still sleeping)

I think we spoiled him, he is soooo after attention... and poor fella, now year and half and getting fat again for CHristmas even I've told NOT to give him extra food too much (they mostly catch mice and rats and bird but get some dryfood in the house) I think this Christmas he is up to 6kg (was 5kg when he was 7months, but then lost 1kg during the spring)

He eats anything. The first cat who I've seen eating ryebread.

I miss my cats when I am here at my uni city :(

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

awwww karlia, sooo cute!!!!

yeah mine often ignore eachother, they're not old yet, about 2yrs 9mos, but old enough to be fine not being around eachother, but they play together quite a lot too and wash eachother and stuff. i like the idea that they look out for eachother when i'm out :)

8. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ awww, cute!!

10. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Rookie

11. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

12. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Rookie

Thank you Jacquie, it's been a tough month but I'm managing to get through it. I know she’s in a better place now and not suffering any more. Her 3 adopted sisters are helping me cope.

13. allmaple

allmaple Judge

Karlia good luck with your kitties! when will you get them? that red one is so precious, I am a sucker for long haired cats!

Gaseous_Anomaly missy looked very beautiful even in her last picture. was she maine coon or part maine coon at all? i have always wanted a maine coon.

my mom sent me a picture of pixie this week. she has a new kitty pillow but of course still has to claim the blankie and keep it from anyone else!

princess pixie!

14. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Rookie

No, she was just a tabby that picked me to be her servant. My wife picked her out but I really didn't want her. Funny how things turn out, she was my cat from the day we brought her home. She would follow me around the house and even helped me post here a time or two.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/Gaseous_Anomaly/Pets/Mistyonkeyboard1.jpg

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ aww sorry about misty :( one of my friend's cats died a couple of weeks ago, she'd had the cat for 17 years :( - it's horrible, i hope you're ok :)