The Great Ship Debate - CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electra

electra Pathologist

I consider Sara a competent CSI.Great to be true.But not on the emotional side.Grissom was always helping her with her issues.I still remember when she snapped at catherine once and Grisson went to her house to talk about her childhood.There could be different ways to see this but to me will always be daddy helping his little girl.I am not saying that I am right,it's just how I saw it.Maybe there should have been more flirting and sexy scenes .

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  2. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I don't mean to overstep, but I think we should refrain from talking negatively about the actors themselves. None of us know for a fact what went down with JF and, while, as fans, we can speculate as much as we want about the characters themselves, it's less fair to do so with regards to the actors, who don't necessarily choose to put their lives on display and up for interpretation.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

You're right. I'm sorry.

Let's talk about Wedges!

4. happyharper13

Sounds good :)

Personally, I'm not big on Wedges. I love Wendy and want to see her character develop on her own, not just as Hodges' love interest. She has such personality, drive and intelligence, not to mention beauty, and I really find it strange that she is limited to being someone for Hodges to flirt with. Not to mention that I thought she was a much better match for Greg. I also like the Cath/Wendy ship that someone brought up. Nonetheless, either way, I like her as an individual and I think Wedges has prevented her from becoming more than just a love interest. Though I'd be lying if I said that my dislike of Hodge had nothing to do with it.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

See. I find Hodges very exasperating at times, but I like how he seems to humble when Wendy's around. So that's one reason I like Wedges.

Catherine and Wendy-never thought of it. That would be interesting. But for me it's almost liked Catherine and Greg, Wendy's just so sweet and Catherine's just so assertive at times.

6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Agreed. As much as I can't stand Hodges, he is a different person around Wendy. Not AS annoying. A softer, more humble side is shown around Wendy. In "A Space Oddity", I actually enjoyed Hodges some. That is why I can see Wedges working; because I can't really see anyone else with Hodges.

Hey we're past 1,000! New thread anyone?! :)

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

What he/she said. ;) Thank you, happyharper.
    I wish we could just talk about what goes on in front of the camera and how we interpret that, and not what happens behind it. It's not fair to any of the actors to speculate about their personal lives and actions. What we do know: all 3 actors who left the show fulfilled their contracts, returned to give closure to their characters' storylines, and are now off living their lives and pursuing other projects. All 3 actors worked hard and put in a lot of years to make CSI successful. Let's just wish them the best.

As for Wedges, I agree that Hodges is a different character around Wendy, and because of that evolution of his character, I'm okay with it. What I really don't want to see is another 'my job is too important to give up to be with someone I love' storyline; that's been done before, too. :) And since Wendy and Hodges are on equal footing in the lab, I would think it would be easy to get Ecklie's approval. Even as a GSR fan I got tired of the angst-driven drama. Just get them together already! Wedges could easily be CSI's 'Jim and Pam' (well, except for the pregnancy thing :lol:).

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah the characters are fine, but it's too bad not all the fans of JF are as sensible as JTD4. They could learn something from the wise woman of Jorja Fox.

There is one thing I'd like to know. How come in the other two shows it is okay for the characters to hook up, but on on Vegas, everybody is so worried about the rules. Is it Eckie? Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't watch Miami or NY very often. I do remember a scene from NY where Lindsay and Danny went to tell Mac about the baby. But what about Miami? I don't mean to talk about the other shows here, I'm just comparing because on Vegas, there's this fear of Ecklie finding out.

9. happyharper13

No offense to Miami fans, but my impression is that they pretty much threw realism out the window on that show. I mean, at this point, Delko has slept with both of his female coworkers, one of whom has also dated Ryan. Maybe Horatio's mighty sunglasses of justice overshadowed and/or vanquished such rules. Not really sure about NY though. That one seems more realistic.

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

In NY they have no problem with them hooking up. You're right about Lindsay and Danny. Not only did they went to tell Mac about the baby, but they got married and Mac and Stella were their witnesses. So there really isn't a problem in NY with it. Now Miami is a little more complicated. At first there wasn't a problem with hookups between the department and we had Stetler (IAB) getting together with Yelina (detective) and the brief encounter between Eric and Natalia. But in season 6 Stetler announced that since the department wanted to remain free from lawsuits and problems there was going to be a no fraternization rule. However he also said that the rule was pending, so it wasn't official yet. Since then we haven't heard anything else about it and don't know if it became official or not. Eric and Calleigh's relationship has been kept private between them and most of us believe that part of it is because they don't want IAB to find out. We really don't know exactly what would happen if they were outed.

Sidenote: shouldn't there be a new thread by now?

11. happyharper13

12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Since there is a new thread open, I'm closing this one.

*CLOSED*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.