The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #22

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by love_fan, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Lonwolfe - I think that was the moment Nick decided to share his office, I'm sure he just wanted Greg with him but he had to include Riley to avoid suspicion.
    Of course Riley is no longer a part of the show, so that could mean they share the office alone or that Sara will share it with then since she is unfortunately coming back but hopfully not for good.

x_thelove_x - Another good episode is season 4's 'Turn of the screw' In this ep Nick says that nobody messes with their sex machine and he was looking directly at Greg when he said it.

2. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Just found this on the spoiler thread and I think it hasn't been discussed here yet.

This could be bad news for our ship, guys, and I'd like to know your opinion about it:

Seriously, who has written THIS? She's absolutely perfect!; she's pretty, petite, passionate, earnest, smart, strong, compassionate...... It is just me or this 'April' totally sounds like a Mary-Sue character? :guffaw:

After NINE YEARS of Nick/Greg subtext, now they are going to give Nick a 'Mary-Sue girlfriend' ??? :shifty::scream: Please.....

Nick & Greg belong together. Period. They just can't deny the obvious.;)

3. Stokes4Me

Stokes4Me Cute but Pshyco Premium Member

If that was to be the case I'd be quite disappointed to say the least after all the talk about getting back to the basics of the show. And for me that involves a lot of flirting and touching :devil:

It sure was enough with GSR colouring the whole show and would be very sad to see TPTB mess it up with yet another romance of sorts. We know better anyway ;)

Subtext is everything and for me there can only be one true Love.
    And guys if you haven't read Saras-Girl's Nine Love Songs, I recommend that you do!:adore:

4. SuckerMe

SuckerMe Dead on Arrival

It's been a while !
    I'm glad to see that The Love still lives in so many hearts.

You must be kiddin me, right ? Nick having a girlfriend ? a Mary-Sue one? :lol: LOL
    It would be more believable that Greg has one, since he is-IMO-the less gay of the two :rolleyes:
    And as it was said before, I started to watch CSI in the first place for the Forensics NOT THE ROMANCE and let it remain that way !!!

5. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I love the science & the crime cases as well. And I think that it must always remain the focus on the show. But a little romance doesnt hurt (espicially if its more Nick/Greg subtext moments). If April is going to be Nick's girl, what about Greg is he always meant to be the loner (hmnp!!:()?? maybe since sara is back (Grissom obviously not in the picture, she probabely dumped him), maybe Greg will be after sara (yuck squared:cardie:). if all that happens, I am not watching CSI any longer :scream:

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

About the spoiler (without giving details) are we really surprised by this? We should consider ourselves lucky it didn't happen in season 8 when it was originally supposed to. (Didn't happen because of the writers strike) Not that I am saying it isn't bad for us but at the same time we don't know anything for sure at this point in time.

Even so, can we say -BEARD?

7. SuckerMe

SuckerMe Dead on Arrival

YES WE CAN ! LOL

me neither, but I don't think they will complicate things any further. I don't Know if I should be happy about Sara coming back. I love her character but don't she dare get between the boyzz :alienblush:

And If Greg will be after Sara, I hate to say it but it would make sense. I've always seen Greg as Bi so...:rolleyes:

8. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

YES, WE CAN! :lol: And maybe someday, we will 'win' too :lol:.

What I mean is that there are so many women (and men too) out there who LOVE and write slash and Nick/Greg is one of the ships with a larger following and that's something that TPTB shouldn't ignore anymore.

Back to the spoilers:

I've just read the latest spoilers from tvguide (they have talked to CSI producer Naren Shankar), and there's NO mention of a possible love interest for Nick (thank god).

However, there are a lot of references to other team members' love life: (GSR, of course; Langston is separated from his wife and they're casting now for someone to play the role as a recurring character; Wendy/Hodges geeky romance will continue, etc..).What I mean is that they're already giving details and you'd think that if they were planning a romance for Nick, they would have said something already, don't you think?
    As Wojo has said, we don't know anything for sure at this point but if it's true that they're giving Nick a Mary-Sue girlfriend...... :scream:...

....how are they going to explain NINE YEARS of subtext, flirting, hot-eyed looks, touching and undeniable on-screen chemistry?

Because brothers and buddies don't act around each other like THIS: ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nick telling Greg 'I Love You' in sign language. This scene should have ended up on the cut room floor...but they kept it. That's subtext. ;)

[​IMG]

9. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I hope "The Love" is not dying there has been no post for days and no new fanfiction either since WMTDB has been down.

Lets start a discussion. Here a few topic ideas:

1) Do you think Nick is relieved that Riley is gone?
    2) If Nick had a girlfriend, how do you think Greg would handle it?
    3) Do you think that Nick would be jealous that Sara is back without Grissom and that Greg might flirt with her again?
    4) I always assumed that Nick gave Greg his name Greggo. In season 9 Catherine calls Greg, Greggo. was anyone else upset by that. Thats Nick's pet name for Greg & I think it should stay between them.
    5) Does Greg carry again? Isnt part of their proficiency test? Do you think that Nick would feel safer if Greg were to carry a gun?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  10. lal

lal Pathologist

1. I think Nick will be sorry that Riley has gone , but i think he will be thinking great i have got office and Greg to my self .

2. if Nick had a girlfriend, i don't think Greg would Cope .

3. I Definately think Nick would be a little Jealous .

4. yes i think it should of stay between them .

5 . i think Nick would be worried about Greg , even if he had a gun or not .

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

-I would hope that Nick would miss Riley, she was a great addition to the team. Also I don't think Nick would be jealous of Sara (Mrs Grissom) because Greg is a natural flirt and has always flirted with her. He trusts him.

-If Nick had a girlfriend I think Greg would outdo himself to get Nick's attention on him instead.

-In past seasons everyone called him Greggo, I never had a problem with that.

-I don't think Greg carries a gun, and I think Nick might worry about Greg more if he had a gun.

12. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I have a bad memory bad I do not recall anyone else calling him Greggo except Nick & now Catherine.

It almost seems one sided. Nick always has a cute nickname for Greg. But the only nickname Greg used for Nick was Nicky (but everyone uses that).

Maybe Greg was the one who gave Warrick the idea to call Nick Moustache Boy (i think thats what it was)

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I recently had my own CSI marathon, and through out the seasons everyone referred to Greg as Greggo at one time or another. In the episode Organ Grinder (S2) for example both Sara and Grissom called him that in the hallway scene. Warrick has done so too but I can't recall the episode. Nick may have started it though but everyone else picked it up.

As for Nicky, Greg has never called Nick that on the show. Only in fan fiction. In fact Greg and Sara are the only ones who have never called Nick 'Nicky'.

14. Ankeila

Ankeila Rookie

Yeah, I believe they've all called him Greggo at one point. Warrick said it in The Hunger Artist, I remember because it was in the ass check scene :lol: They probably have their own nicknames at home, that's what I'm gonna go with anyway :D

I do hope they all kind of miss Riley, but maybe Nick doesn't mind it that much because it means they have the office to themselves and maybe they can work on some more cases together, until Sara comes back I guess.

I've been having my own (mini-)marathon as well, and I'm actually looking forward to the premiere (which hopefully has some Nick and Greg scenes, but I'm not holding my breath on that).

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Yeah and it had been a long time since anyone called him Greggo, Catherine calling him that in season 7 or 8 was the first time in a long time.

In case you didn't know, The cast of CSI was on Entertainment tonight this past Thursday. I captured a few pics of Eric and George to share with you all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009