The Closer

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WILL THE CLOSER GIVE KYRA CLOSURE?

With her story arc on TNT's The Closer kicking off this summer, Kyra Sedgwick isn't plotting a happily-ever-after for her crime-fighting character, Brenda Johnson, "I would like to end Brenda's story in a dark way", the Emmy winner says. "She's done some things that are a little morally questionable, [so] something must happen to her with the law, since she has taken the law into her hands on several occasions". sounds like Kyra's getting her wish. In the July 11 season premiere, Brenda is sued by the family of a gang member who was murdered after she left him on the streets to face retribution, she is going to be in huge trouble", reveals creator James Duff, who'll introduce a hot-shot gay defense attorney named Gavin Q, to help Brenda. Duff indicates that the fallout of this case will impact Brenda's marriage and eventurally contribute to the character's denouement in 2012, along with "a couple of other major things that will happen that I can't go in to". Hmmm...might that include a pregancy "That might be something she's consider if she's not working at the LAPD anymore. She has a big wide world to explore, so we'll see"

William Keck TV Guide, issue May 30-June 5~

2. Desertwind

From last season, for those who didn't see it I'll put it in the *spoiler* box~

One of Brenda's colleagues is ambushed on the street in a case that involves a money-packed bag and allegations of witness tampering
    at 10:00p.m. TNT~

TV Guide, issue June 6-19~

3. Desertwind

As The Closer heads into it's final season, expect a reckoning day for L.A. Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson [Kyra Sedgwick]. "She's done some dark things on the job", says ex. producer James Duff [who now is creating Major Crimes, a spin-off around Mary McDonnell's Capt Raydor. "I want Brenda to be confronted with some of the choices she's made". One of those choices took place in last season's "War Zone" episode, in which our drawling, justice-obsessed heroine dumped off gang member Terrell Baylor in front of his murderous homey's, drove away and let the street do it's thing. During much of the season, Brenda, Chief Pope [J.K Simmons] and the entire Major Crimes squad willbe juuggling crime-solving while they're at the center of a wrongful-death lawsuit filed by Baylor's mom., says Duff. 'The obstacles created by this are considerable, emotionally draining, and everybody Brenda works with will, in some way have to answer for her actions"

TV Guide, issue June 6-19~

4. Desertwind

A repeat from the past, tonight on TNT~10 p.m.

A stabbing on Christmas Eve and the death of a patriach potentially ruin the teams holiday plans. And Brenda's parents come to town

TV Guide, issue June 20-July 3~

5. Desertwind

From the new TV Guide, issue July 11-17 an in depth cover story about The Closer;)

The bracing premiere of the 7th season and final season of TNT's top rated basic-cable series The Closer involves a chest-thmping rap star, lifeless bodies by the handful and an interogation scene like no othere. Viewers are also introduced to the season's ongoing plotline, which hovers over the show's various murder cases:a wrongful-death lawsuit against the LAPD's Major Crimes deputy chief Brenda Leigh Johnson that threatens to take her whole team down with her. "I've always said the way she operates has to come back and kick her in the ass at some point", says Emmy winning Kyra Sedgwick, who sympathizes with Brenda despite her occasional willingness to let a perp be murdered when she lets her down. "She's given her whole life to this job", she says "Suddenly her integrity is being questioned, the specter of this hanging over her begins to debilitated her". It's exactly the kind of train wreck of a story line Sedgwick hoped for when she announced to the shows producers last year that she was ready to call it quits. "I'd been thinking about it for a year, it was like I would hate to overstay our welcome. we had our biggest season ever last year in terms of an audience. I thought "Let's leave while were on top" This season, the Major Crimes team initally sticks together regarding the lawsuit, eventually there's a leak, and something happens to one of her Georgia-based parents..Sedgwick won't say which one..that chips away at Brenda's invincitility. As for recently deposed assistant chief Pope [JK Simmons] "Trust gets broken" she says S..t hits the fan" Creator James Duff promises losts of stripped-down Closer-style tension. "In many procedurals actors actors are just walking through the special effects" sayd Duff. "Kyra gets a table, a manila folder and a black purse" She is the special effect. Whe the dust settles, may of the familiar faces from The Closer will appear on a Duff-created-spin-off called Major Crimes..without Sedgwick. "It needs to exist on it's own, and maybe down the line I'll make an appearance", she says. UM, that means Brenda won't die, right? "I don't want to know how it's all going to end..but I don't have any concern that it won't be amazing"

Airs Monday July 11, at 9:00 p.m.

6. Desertwind

Kyra was on "Live with Regis & Kelly" this morning, she's so sweet and charming. Regis asked her if she ever slipped into her southern accent, at home, and she replied? "NO, I think my loved ones would be irritated" They showed a quick snippet, look's good, so don't forget to watch the permiere tonight:bolian:

7. Desertwind

OMG, intense, in a drug rapper house who did it and why? a fantastic premiere. 7 bodies were found, and the digging and sifting of Brenda and her team while going through a investigation into her because of dropping off that kid, last season who was then murdered. Mary McDonnell, as Det. Raydor and her are bitter enemies. So many twists and turns. Such a great show and Kyra is astonishing:eek:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Loved the episode, a very strong season premier and a nice setup for the rest of the final season. Got my Mary Mcdonnell fix so I'm very happy about that.

9. Desertwind

The slaying of a girl who had been house-sitting is investigated, the LAPD undergoes game-changing organizational shifts

TV Guide, issue July 18-31~

10. Desertwind

Great episode, as always. So the dead girl that was housesitting, was killed accidently, and it was the kid, and his friends who were house thefts, who finally coped up the truth. Brenda [Kyra] so great, and her sup. dropping dead from aneurysm, what a shock to the whole team:wtf: And the ever continuing feud between her and Det. Raydor [Mary McDonnell] she bugs me, she's bossy, aggressive and nasty to Brenda and has a nasal twang which is irritating. She's bound and determined to get Brenda for the alleged murder of the kid she dropped off in his neighborhood. She had her team out running around so Raydor couldn't intergotate them:thumbsup:

11. Desertwind

Flynn teams with Provenza to serve court papers, but the quick-cash side job turns deadly

TV Guide, issue July 18-31~

12. Desertwind

THis episode was a comedy of errors indeed. Provenza and Flynn were two bumbling idiots, who got the tech. support guy in on their scam. They were to serve papers to a guy [played by Alan Arkin] he was so good, thinking they would collect some money for their efforts. The guy they did serve was him, but later another guy pretending to be him fell to his death on thier car:eek:Brenda was furious, and they got repremanded big time, so many funny moments, but in the end it all turned out OK:bolian:

13. Desertwind

A search for a vanished boy who has a connection to Lt. Tao is conducted. Capt. Raydor continues her audit of Brenda's team and offers a troubling recommendation

TV Guide, issue August 1-14~

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Loved last night's episode. I'm really enjoying how the whole IA investigation is affecting Brenda. Kyra is doing an amazing job with this storyline. Of course I watch for Mary Mcdonnell so I really enjoy her scenes and her dynamic with Kyra. They work really great together and when they are both onscreen it's just awesome :). I especially liked the ending when Raydor took Brenda back to the house.

The case was great and the parents did an amazing job; the actors I mean ;).

15. Desertwind

It was a great episode, so the dad killed his own son, so horrific:( WOW, what a sad chain of events. Jealously on the highest level. He was good, and the brother from the old show "Judging Amy" and the mom too, was great. I don't care for Raydor, she hounds Brenda to death. But it was revealing at the end when Brenda's ghosts from the past came to haunt her, and she came to a realization what she did was wrong. Also seeing the dad and his son with his teenage agenda and him trying to get him not to watch everything while he had him at the precinct, and the mom wth the drivers license dilemma, which was resolved at the end. The team always great, good show:bolian: