Sofia/Sara slash - SalSa

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Selah, Oct 18, 2005.

1. mati

mati Rookie

Re: Sofia/Sara slash? OT

There are a few new one SASSY stories. One rather long but veryveryverygood, although I'm not sure if it's finished. I would like to see more, if it's indeed finished. :D

2. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Where is "there"?

And are there short ones too?

3. mati

mati Rookie

I'll link them to you privately. in a moment ;)

4. atfm

atfm Lab Technician

With Sara gone and Sofia absent, a lot of people seem to consider this the end of Sassy. Personally, I think it's definitely not because for one, a lot of ships from older TV shows are still alive and for another, it's not based on a real relationship on the show, so aside from the characters not being there anymore, nothing has changed.

What do you guys think?

5. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Agreed. Good ships stay even when the characters leave or their shows end. And Sassy is definitely a great ship ;)

I'll continue reading (and hopefully writing) fics, make art and rewatch old episodes. But I'll still miss having new eps to inspire me and to read subtext into.

Doesn't mean sassy is dead though, it just needs more effort to keep it around now ;)

6. atfm

atfm Lab Technician

It seems like there's less interest in the ship and in fics, which I suppose is understandable to an extent, but somewhat sad. It's true that it'll take more of an effort to not simply let it die, and I, too, would like new episodes to keep my imagination going, but alas, it's not granted to us. I'm definitely on the 'I'll keep on writing fics and making graphics' train, though. ;)

7. mati

mati Rookie

And I'll always looking forward to read it. Ladies, feel free to be very productive ;). Thanks!!!
    If LL (SC) will reappear on CSI returning from England, maybe it will rekindle the Sassy love.
    Xena is a good example for what a true love about two movie characters could people let do, although the setting was very different. On the other hand, if we hadn't had Xena we wouldn't be here speaking about Sassy or other slash fandom. That's my humble opinion anyway, sorry I'm digressing. Anyhow, if our lovely writers would be constant in their passion ;) they could create an "alternative universe" for our lovely pair. That would explain all which wasn't aknowledge in the show. Wouldn't that be cool? Maybe I'm just dreaming, but as always Sassy forever. :D

8. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

That would eb awesome actually. I have various versions of AUs in my mind. Unfortunately they're too complex/unorganized to write them down :p

I prefer short fics.

Off topic: mati, I was wondering why you don't have an avatar, it could be another way to spread sassy love and show your support ;)

9. mati

mati Rookie

Well, correct me if I missunderstood, but to have an avatar you should have an URL (?), I'm a really private person and I don't like to be "forced" to open an internet account for that, because I'm a little wary about it. But maybe I'm saying a load of b********* and it can be done differently? If I don't have to divulge my whole life ;) than I would do it, although I have to see, if I'm not to dumb to understand the whole thing. So, if you want to give me a helping hand, I'll do my best to spread the Sassy love. Maybe, if this is to mucn an OT, mail me privately? Any help is appreciated, thanks folks, you're great.

10. atfm

atfm Lab Technician

By URL they just mean that you have to upload your avatar somewhere and then provide the link so you can use it here. If you have no Photobucket account or similar, I'll gladly host a userpic for you in mine and give you the link. :)

So, to get back on topic, how would Sara and Sofia spend Christmas?

11. mati

mati Rookie

Thanks atfm, but I think I have resolved my problems thanks to Mia. Christmas with SS and SC? Well, going on a holiday, skiing, kissing under the mistletoe :D or do absolutley nothing, but enjoying themselves. You see, I would never be a good Sassy writer, the fantasie muses just forgot my name ;).

12. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Working.

I like the idea of them skiing though. It's weird that I can see Sofia do all that stuff, but I have trouble imagining Sara with her. She has become such a dark, closed off character that I can hardly picture her letting loose and have some fun.

If they went on holiday together, I would say they spend their time alone in a cozy little cabin in the mountains, skiing during the day, cooking when they get back, maybe take a late night walk through the snow and then cuddling each other warm in bed.

Naturally, the cabin would have a comfortably sized bath tub, too. :devil:

13. mati

mati Rookie

You know, my dear Mia, now I'll have trouble to get my mind out of the gutter with your hot tube comment. ;) But I agree. :D

14. Kylie

Kylie Witness

Guys, we can't let this ship die!

Anyone spotted any new Sassy fics recently?

My favourite recent ones have been Hush and When The Night Descends by ardvari.

I'm also signed up for the new geekfiction chellenge (won the other, whoo!) and I've decided my fic there is going to be Sassy. :D

15. mati

mati Rookie

I read the same fictions, but these days it's hard to find much Sassy, now that the "couple" doesn't exist anymore on the show. :( But I agree, we shouldn't let this ship die!