Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** - Gimme More, Gimme Gimme More!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs. Darcy1234

Mrs. Darcy1234 Hit and Run

Yeah, I think that right now, we have a Horatio who is the one-line speaking chracther who is kinda cheesy, but we can't wish for another type of chracther this late in the show.

2. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

Lol, no, Horatio is Miami. I suppose when the show was first created, they wanted someone entirely different to Grissom and thought cheese and one-liners were the way to go.

But, I have to admit, if you don't take it too seriously, Horatio is actually a hilarious character.

3. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Yeah, I know what you mean. Have you guys seen Jim Carey imitate him on YouTube? Watch it and every time you see Miami, Horatio's one-liners are going to be just cheery moments ;) But, if I'm going to be painfully serious, Horatio is my least favorite character of the show. I could totally do without him. Still, he is the leading character, so I know he's going to be around forever.

4. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

I do miss the old H. The one who was a little more serious. I just watched Golden Parachute last night. Hadn't watched it in a looong time. He was so calm and caring and I just don't see him like that anymore.
    I do enjoy a good one liner every once in a while. They make me smile, but then it's time to get down to business and get serious. When I watch Miami now, I catch myself saying - uh oh what's Horatio gonna do/say now?
    So basically, I like his comedy/drama side, but I need more caring Horatio moments where he's more involved with the other main characters and gets the job done.

5. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

At first Horatio and his one-liners annoyed and confused me, but it got to where I was waiting for him to say them! I giggle every time he leaves a shot because his face has that same expression and his head is tilted at the same angle. lol I find it entertaining...

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I always love your rants 'cause I perfectly agree w/ you and your opinions although I'm not able to express them in such a good way:).

As for Horatio, actually I love his one-liners. They always crack me up and I find them hilarious:lol:.
    I think that without one-liners Horatio wouldn't exist & maybe the same thing would happen to the show.

7. Marija_Magdalena

The thing that bugs me is that we all find H's one-liners very funny and they are supposed to be serious... I mean, this is not some humorous show, it's serious... But, still I'm always laughing when I see him, he doesn't even have to say anything.

8. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I think TPTB have realized that the fans like to laugh at Horatio's one-liners. At least, I hope that's the case 'cause they just keep getting sillier and sillier.

I was watching some old re-runs of season 1 and 2 last night. I had forgotten just how much I miss old H. He was a real person back then. Yes, he was quirk and occasionally cheesy, but he was real. He had a sense of humor for goodness sake! Anyone remember in "Camp Fear" when he pulls the leeches off of Calleigh and says "Goodbye." That was funny!

Oh and speaking of funny moments, I just watched "Pirated" again. I love H's face when the suspect says to Yelina "Why don't you go learn English?" Such a funny face! I'm going to go find the screencap.

Anyway, back on topic, I wish we could see more team scenes. That's one of things I love about Vegas. Every once in a while you'll see the whole team in a room -- either working or just having fun. It's nice to see those dynamics. What would be wrong with Miami doing that?

9. Marija_Magdalena

Well, we know for sure that at least three people are going to be at the same scene in the 7.01. Remember the promo photos of Calleigh, Eric and Ryan? That's progress... I think that we haven't seen a break room since 2nd season, so it would be nice to see Horatio giving files to CSIs at the beginning of the episode in the break room.

10. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Yeah, but too bad they're all upset and E & C are yelling at Ryan. :(

11. Kazalene

Kazalene Rookie

Lol, I love how many posts this thread has compared to the amount of spoilers we actually have.

Looks like everyone is well and truly geared up for the new season now. :)

12. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Yup! Time is flying, for me, and in no time it'll be the 22nd. Soon our questions will be answered.
    What did H. whisper in that guys ear?
    What does Wolfe, Kyle and/or Julia have to do with this?
    Will Ron Saris finally die?
    Was Horatio shot FOR REAL?
    WILL CALLEIGH AND ERIC FINALLY 'pounce on each other'?

Hey I was wondering how do you guys prepare for the premiere of each season?

Last year, I was jumping up and down. And when the final 2 mins arrived I sat down with a dumn grin on my face... and then I saw Adam standing in front of a chevy, i think, introducing the first epi. I was like sqqqqqqqqqqqqqquuuuueeeeeeeeeeeee!

13. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I completely agree. I was watching 'Cross-Jurisdictions' the other day and was in hysterics- Horatio was quirky, he was sweet, and he was still Horatio. Tptb have this contorted idea that the fans love the new, 'darker' Horatio, as the producers put it in TV Guide's season six article, when in reality, most everyone misses the old H. He worked well with people (CJ scene when he sat with the little girl and waited for them to be found- it was adorable! I believe it was 'Hurricane Anthony' when he found a man still barely alive, impaled by a fence, and he sat with him and spoke to him and held his hand as he died. There were a lot of other cases like this), interacted with his team well, and was also tough when it came to suspects and catching the bad guy. Now he's cold, distant and, in a way, bloodthirsty.

Tptb: bring back the old H! (and enough of the black suits. It's been two seasons, you're no longer in mourning). :lol:

14. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

Does anyone have any opinions about the credibility of spoilers posted over at Wikipedia?

Over at another board there has been a great deal of buzz about two spoiler posted at Wikipedia. I will post these in usual spoiler fashion

The first is that Eric finds out he has an illegit or previously unknown brother. This supposedly happens in the second episode of the season.

The second is that Eric does start dating someone, but it's not Calleigh.
    I saw no mention of this at the actual Wikipedia page.

Now before everyone jumps down my throat allow me to emphasize that I only actually read ONE of these spoilers on Wikipedia, I found no mention of the other when I went to check it out for myself.
    Here's a link:
    Wikipedia spoiler

When I first heard this I strongly cautioned those on the other board to take this spoiler with several grains of salt. Some however are treating it as the gospel.
    Some say that they should be regarded as accurate because the information posted has not yet been removed and somehow this gives the spoilers credibility. Personally, I don't see how.

I'm just looking for opinions here. That's all.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think someone misread the Head Case episode and came to the wrong conclusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.