Ryan/Jon #17: Ryan, where have you gone?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Ryan didn't so anything to her, she's the one who choose to not seal the evidence or change her appointment time. She is a responsible adult and to blame something on someone who was helping is very low. Ryan had no idea that there was a motocycle stolen and that she would be the one that had to look for evidence. He didn't send her to the scene.

Not to mention that she told the guy at the range that she had evidence in her vechile, secured or not she should have followed the protocal.

2. WolfeWhistle

WolfeWhistle Rookie

*groans* I'm so sick of them making Ryan look like the bad guy. Unless I'm mistaken, Frank called him Benedict Arnold *groans again*. That part was tough to watch.
    I agree that it was Natalia's fault for not taking care of the evidence like she was supposed to, and Ryan didn't necessarily screw her over (plus, I'm blinded by my love for him as well, so...)
    I'm also not the biggest Natalia fan, so naturally I sided with Ryan, but...ugh. It was a good episode, just a bit frustrating.
    :mad:

3. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Well, being one who's not blinded by love... ;)

I feel split. Natalia should not have left the evidence in her car (hello, she didn't even put it in an evidence envelope/bag.) But, I think the correct way Ryan should have handled it was to talk to Horatio about it, not the defense. Yes, it is understandable that he has to make a living, but he also needs to prove to Horatio that he deserves to be back.

So, I guess I'm 50/50. Natalia shouldn't have done it, and Ryan should have told Horatio.

On another note, I never would have thought I would see Ryan WORK with the defense. It makes you wonder what crowd he hangs out with (Connections with reporters, defense teams?). But, oh well.

hmm... odd job 3527, Hot Dog! You know, those guys who wear the hot dog costume trying to promote the new store opening. :p

4. athlov

athlov Guest

I think the real issue I had, with the Nat/Ryan situation, was not who made a mistake, but that she immediately went on the defensive and started pointing fingers.

I think it really hurt him that he was trying to help her, and then she makes a huge mistake and tries to blame it on him. (She really put him in a rough position.)

He could have pointed the finger right back at her, but he didn't. I think he came out the better officer on this one.

5. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Ok am I the only one that thought it was that Rich dude that told on her for leaving the evidence in the Hummer? I didn't think it was Ryan that told it was him, didn't anyone see his face? I mean we know nothing about him so who's to say he doesn't have connections to the ada or whatever? I didn't think boa had told Ryan that she left the keys in the Hummer, no she told that dude, right? I'm guessing he went to the ada w/ the info and gave Ryan's name to them. IDK I'm blinded by love but I still don't think he did anything wrong. Natalia made the mistake then she blabbed her mouth to the dude about it and she didn't even bag it.

Hey title for new thread Jon/Ryan Odd Job # 92548272584574
    LOL..j/p.

I could see Ryan in the hotdog suit saying, "Ask me about my wieners." Accepted!! or maybe "I have the best tasting wiener in Miami" ooooooo I'm totally talking about hotdogs Yo.

I'd love to see Ryan being in a band and singing and ...dancing, whoa I'd faint.

6. Forensics_Guy

Forensics_Guy Witness

Some quick comments on Ryan, from someone who is a private criminalist - ie: sometimes works for the defense.

When the defense community learns a criminalist is "in play", or considering leaving working for the state, they fast track to try and hire you. Not because they want a "liar for hire", but because they have access to someone who can accurately read the highly technical reports/notes relating to a case.

Also as incorrectly hinted in CSI:LV, the evidence doesn't speak for itself. The CSI interprets the evidence, and speaks for it. There can therefore be more than one correct interpretation of the evidence.

As far as Ryan "setting up" Nat for leaving the evidence in the HUMV, I don't buy it. When he told her about the scheduled appointment (doing her a favor), he had NO idea she would have evidence in her car. Remember she was at the original crime scene at the time (bus jacking), not at the scene where the motorcycle was found, when he told her about the appointment.

As far as telling Horatio vs telling his employer, Ryan followed procedure. He's working for the other side in the case. It would be the equivalent of someone else in the lab telling the defense about the keys if Ryan were to tell Horatio instead of the defense.

The MAIN purpose of the defense team, and criminalist, is to ensure the quality of forensic analysis (police investigation). Without an adversarial system of checks and balances, police and scientists would become complacent and sloppy.

All in all, the introduction of Ryan to the "dark side" as it is called, made this episode one of my favorites. I've always thought they need a defense CSI in these shows. Just to make sure the government employees were doing their jobs right.

Just my $0.02

7. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

I know!! it is cute :D and i also think it's funny how he wrote soem of his message on DC's and Khandi's faces :lol: he's such a joker!!

as as for what he was wearing last night.....WTF!? is it me or was that shirt PINK!? and i don't mean A Grizzly Murder sexy pink either....i mean an ugly just ew pink. but other than that i was very impressed!!!!

8. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

You're right Nedd4Speed, I noticed that it was a bit too pink for him. Even blocked off by the black it looked too bright for his skin tine. Some days I want to hug the wardrobe ppl, other days I want to smack them and ask where they get their fashion advice!

9. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Thank you Forensics_Guy. I personally agree that there was no way Ryan could have set her up. If you look at last weeks epsiode she was also handling evidence w/o gloves on. This might be a big storyline for Nat in upcoming epsiodes.

I loved how much screentime Ryan had. I was laughing at his interaction with Frank after finding the gun. "Oh Frank" - that was funny.

I just wish they would get him back in the lab.

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

You might be getting your wish soon, Kat! :)

11. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

hehe...i know somethign about Ryan hehe.....
    he'll be back in ep number 7!! :D

12. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

thats awesome about the autograph, and i love how he put the arrow right over his crotch :lol:

13. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Do we have any pics from episode 3? I want to see this horrible pink shirt. I don't believe that there is any colour that looks bad on JT! :lol:

Forensics_guy, thanks for that info. That was really interesting. It's nice to know that Miami isn't as far from reality as it sometimes seems to be. :lol:

14. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Ali - Random Scribblings has them. I personally think that he looks fine and there is nothing wrong with the shirt. That is just mmy opinion though.

15. RaCk2ThOuSaNd6

RaCk2ThOuSaNd6 Rookie

I liked the pink shirt too! I mean it was very bright and almost fuschia but I think it looked good with his coloring!

All I am saying is that if and when he gets back in the lab, they better start building his character back up again. He was an arrogant goofball when he first joined the team, and then after Nailed everyone kinda respected him and all was good. Now ever since he got fired and the end of last season and now into this season they are making him look like an arrogant (as Twiz put it) douche bag all over again and I DON'T LIKE IT!!!

Leave Ryan alone people!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.