Omar/Walter: Our Big Guy

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Re: Omar Benson Miller-Wicked Smart Cuddly Teddy Bear

Wrong. The first thread is called Omar/Walter: Our Big Guy and it was started back in October.

2. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Re: Omar Benson Miller-Wicked Smart Cuddly Teddy Bear

Okay, so it isn't the first. Thanks for the link to the other thread. I went there and read and got the link for the interview.

3. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

I went ahead and merged the threads so we can keep all the Walter goodness together. :)

4. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

5. yindgkong

yindgkong Victim

content removed due to spam

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
  6. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I love this guy!!His addition to the cast is great because he provides many funny moments during the episodes!

7. clumsy

clumsy Victim

He brightens up the atmosphere,he's OK. :) I agree about the bromance thing, I think that he and Jesse make a good little team hehe

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

While I've like Walter from the beginning, especially as a friend for Ryan, I was really applauding him last night when he gave Eric a piece of his mind.

Walter was so right. It was something very small, to be sure. He just shared that his landlord was raising his rent. But Delko revealed that information to a State's Attorney that he knew was looking for someone who is dirty in the lab.

Walter had every right to be angry and to confront Delko.

Good for him! I have a feeling that Walter will be one of the first to step up and support Ryan - at least I sure hope so. Ryan will need all the trust and support he can get from his friends. And I think Walter is a good friend.

I'm really happy to hear that we'll be finding out more about Walter next season. Omar is an outstanding actor and I love what he's done with Walter!

9. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I cheered Walter this week as well when he saw how the team treated Ryan when the diamonds were found.
    Despite the fact he and Ryan aren't best buds, he still had faith that Ryan was innocent or was at least willing to see where the evidence led. The fact the rest of the team wasn't willing to do that clearly appalled him, as shown by his remark about the team not really being one at all.
    And I have to agree with him. This team,IMO is the least unified among the 3 csi shows. There is a lack of trust among the different team members... and ones that are quick to inform on their team members.

10. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

What bothers me is that they took a whole season's worth of team unity and flushed it down the toilet with the last episode. Way to go Delko:vulcan:

11. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Pardon the expression, Walter has gone a long was to make the lab "chemistry" :p better now than on any of the 3 series. Now that CD and NBV are out in the field more and removed from any significant lab interaction, the combo of Ryan, Walter and Jesse are emerging as a little group of their own. It was on display early in "Bad Seed." There's some give and take, not just orders and grandiose dialogue rolling from the top downhill.

The other aspect of this group: they don't interact with Horatio too much. The worst thing I hate about the other 2 shows are the snotty twerp lab rats sucking up to the boss by trying to show how intellectually superior they are. Eric Szmanda (Greg) sucking up to Grissom was just pathetic. AJ kissing up to Mac is not much better.

Omar kinda reminds me of Forest Whitaker in Good Morning Vietnam. Affable but confident.

12. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

While I am not particularly a fan of Omar, just wanted to let fans know that I read he is in the new movie "Sorcerer's Apprentice". Also, we know that Walter is still listed as a lab technician (from his ID badge closeup in one of the later episodes), so why do they consider him a full-fledge CSI with a gun. And why is the weight not an issue. Couldn't they make that a storyline, where they require him to get in shape if he wants to stay a cop.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    Those ID badges tend to be wrong on quite a few occasions.The eye or/and hair color has been way off for both Ryan and Horatio.
    I would think that if they wanted to make weight an issue,they would need Omar's cooperation. I don't know how the actor would feel about that particular storyline,but I think it would be very insenstive. He was that weight when he was asked to join the show,the part was written for Omar,if it wasn't a problem then,it shouldn't be now.

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ I agree, Greatfan.
    I like Walter just fine the way he is. He's "cuddly" :p

15. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I agree. A person on another forum told me how Alicia Silverstone's career took a dive because people kept telling her she was fat and she couldn't get her physique right and I don't want the same fate befalling Omar Miller.

I don't see any evidence that he's in bad shape and he looked healthy to me in that one ep where he and Jesse were playing basketball