Multishippers Sanctuary.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Athena, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

I agree, and in the spirit of honoring her, I've tackled my first banner. It's multi-shipper of course! (technically it's Sara-shipping but it's multiple guys! :lol:) I feel kinda proud, plus CSI was the first show where I started to multiship, even though I was slightly GSR in the beginning. Hooray for many options! (Is my banner too big BTW? I hope not.)

In closing, who says guys are the only players? She's got it, so she can flaunt it. ;)

2. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

It's been a while since I've been in here. My list is pretty much the same, except that I exchanged Cath/Sara for Cath/Warrick. And I've begun to ship Danny/Lindsay as well.

CSI:
    Grissom/Sara
    Sara/Greg
    Catherine/Warrick
    Nick/Sofia

Miami:
    Horatio/Yelina
    Calleigh/Speedle
    Horatio/Suzie

NY:
    Mac/Stella
    Danny/Lindsay

The only person that I multipship is Sara...though that is only just two ships.

3. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

CSI:

Grissom/Sara
    Catherine/Warrick

Miami:

Ryan/Calleigh

NY:

Mac/Stella
    Danny/Lindsay
    Flack/Aiden(hey,a girl can dream)

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Wow, I'd forgotten about this thread. :) In the spirit of the new threads 1CSIMfan opened where we can vote on the various ships we like, I thought I'd bump this up so we can discuss them here. Let's also keep this in mind when we post:

So, if you're a multishipper, this is the place to express your love of more than one ship. :D To echo a question that forensicsgirl asked a bit up the thread: "Who do you multi? Why do you multi? What's the best thing about being a multi? What's the worst thing? Come in, share, commune with your fellow Multis. We're all ship addicts at heart, right?"

I ship a lot of couples for NY. Danny/Flack, Danny/Adam and Danny/Angell, mainly. I think Danny is my ship whore. :lol: I love his character and the idea of how he'd be in relationships with such different people. Adam and Angell are also characters that I like to ship around, although at this point it's mainly just in my head. ;)

I still think multishipping is a great thing and IMO it makes you open to more possibilities and helps you to see the interaction between characters in a whole new light.

The negatives of multishipping...well, I don't think there are many. To echo something already said in this thread, I think the main problem is when some people in one of your chosen ships seem to dislike another of your ships and you feel like you can't pair both. I don't have this problem, actually (I'm lucky enough to be a part of some open-minded pairings), but I know some people do. :)

So what about you guys? Who do you multiship and what do you love/hate about being a multishipper? ;)

5. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I should hate you.

CSI:

Catherine/Nick
    Sofia/Greg
    Warrick/Sara
    Sara/Greg

CSI: NY

Mac/Stella
    Mac/Danny
    Mac/Flack
    Mac/Lindsay
    Mac/Aiden
    Mac/Angell
    Mac/Peyton
    Mac/Hawkes
    Danny/Aiden
    Danny/Flack
    Danny/Lindsay
    Danny/Angell
    Lindsay/Flack
    Hawkes/Angell

CSI: Miami

Calleigh/Horatio
    Calleigh/Ryan
    Calleigh/Speed
    Horatio/Yelina
    Eric/Natalia
    Eric/Ryan

Love - I love all of my ships. Some I wanna dump sometimes, but never get around to it. Hate - Just when things go wrong in half of them, I get pissy over it.

Some I ship for Chemistry and for keeps and some are really just for play. I have my OTP's and some that are like my little flings. I think everyone can guess my main OTP. But anyways, Ship on!

6. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

I multiship--

LV - Grissom/Catherine, Grissom/Sofia, Nick/Sofia, Nick/Catherine... but for Sara and Greg-- I only like them with each other. :)

Miami - DuCaine, Horatio/Marisol, Calleigh/Eric

New York - Danny/Lindsay, Mac/Stella, Stella/Flack... but I read some Flack/Monroe stories. :)

7. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

mine are as follows-
    NY- Danny/Lindsay, Mac/Lindsay, Flack/Lindsay, Flack/ Stella
    Miami- none really, although I used to like Calleigh/Horatio
    LV-Gris/Sara, Sara/Brass,Brass/Catherine,Sara/Greg

8. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I ship all the ladies with each other (Cath, Sara, Sofia, Mandy, Calleigh, Jacqui) and I ship Hodges/Nicky right now.
    Also some Nick/Greg, Cath/Warrick, Sara/Warrick and Sandle...when I'm in the mood.

The great thing about multishipping is that you can have so much fun interpreting scenes, read into glances and comments, stuff like that.
    I tend to switch ships with my moods, so for every state of mind I have different couples. It's great to play around with the chemistry they all have. I'd say that is what I love most about it. Also, when I'm stuck on a fic I can just switch and instead write someone else until the spirit comes back :D
    What I hate about multishipping? Hmm, maybe that sometimes it's hard to decide who I want with whom, so when I watch the show or write fics it's sometimes difficult to shut off one ship in oder to allow another.
    But there's always oportunity for orgies *cough* sorry. But isn't it true that they all love each other? :p

9. Faylinn

INHC, you can't hate me--after all, I didn't say you had to post in here. ;)

I'd say that describes me as well. I have the pairings that I really like, but I also have some that could be interesting and that I'd like to read/write fic for, but not as seriously as other pairings.

:lol: It's definitely true that they all love each other. I've been known to consider threesomes/foursomes/moresomes myself, so I'm not adverse to expanding on that two-person formula. :lol:

I agree. I might watch a scene and think it was great for a certain pairing, but then watch another scene in the same episode and think of a different one. :lol: If there are three people in a scene that I like to pair up in various combinations, I might think of what that scene says about each pairing versus the others, or how that might work for a threesome. :lol: The locker room scene in "And Here's to You, Mrs. Azrael" with Hawkes, Danny and Adam was like that for me. I was thinking of the Danny/Hawkes possibility of that scene, and then when Adam came in I thought about the Danny/Adam aspect (since I just love the idea of that pairing), and then later on my mind was toying with more possibilities like Hawkes/Adam or a threesome with all of the guys in it. :lol:

Something that I'm curious about: if you multiship but have an OTP, do you ever dislike some of your own favorite ships if canon interaction leans more toward them than your OTP? I don't necessarily mean that the characters start dating or anything, although that's certainly a possibility. And I don't want it to turn into negativity against any ships in here, since we're all in a happy place and don't want to argue. ;) (And there are ship debate threads, after all. :p) Here's kind of what I mean: If you like a pairing (say Danny/Adam), but your OTP is something else (like Danny/Flack in my case), do you get upset at the idea that your OTP could have had the interaction instead? Does OTP always trump the other ships you like? I say this because I don't really feel that way. Danny/Flack is my OTP, no doubt about that, but if I see Danny and Adam in a scene (or Danny and Angell, or Mac and Flack, etc), I just get excited about the pairing in that scene rather than thinking 'that should have been Flack there instead.' Is this just me? :lol:

10. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I think I'm getting your question, that is kinda why I don't have a real OTP. I love all my ships equally. If a certain scene leans toward one pairing, in that moment it becomes my OTP, then, the next scene might suggest a different pairing I'm glad about that.
    Sometimes I feel like certain scenes would have been a better fit for another pairing than the one that it was, but I don't get upset about it unless the suggested ship is one that I don't like. :p

11. Faylinn

That's true, I can see what you mean there. I think there are different ways to think of OTPs though. Some people consider their OTP the best one, and/or the one that they always want to see. In my case, I think of my 'OTP' as just my favorite ship. Danny/Flack is the one I read/write/discuss the most, but if one of the other ships I like is represented, I'm just as happy, even if I don't give that ship as much attention. ;) If that makes sense. :lol: (I'm not so sure that I do, actually. :p)

I do that too. I think about that whether it's shippy or not. Sometimes I think a different character should have been in a scene for one reason or another, but it's not necessarily because I want to pair them up, but just because I think their relationship is more appropriate in that scene, etc...

12. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Yeah, but you tempted me. and half of my Danny ships are your fault!

Yeah, I figured you were the same way :D .. I have some that I love to write for.

Well the whole Danny shirtless does it for everyone :devil:

I completely get you there, Mia.