Monk

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

:lol: True, but he did get Nat to agree to a date, they can't leave the house, but she agreed.

SPOILER WARNING
    MR. MONK GOES HOME AGAIN sympnosis:
    While Monk and Julie were trick-or-treating, they met Paul Gilstrap’s wife, who told them she eats a Neptune bar every night. Paul Gilstrap must have poisoned his wife’s candy bar, and then planted some more bars at the grocery store to make his wife’s death look like the work of a random killer.

REALLY BIG SPOILER "Future Information"
    COMING LATER THIS SEASON: Monk gets closer to his new assistant Natalie (Traylor Howard) as she becomes quite a crime solver herself.
    Monk's beloved murdered wife Trudy (Melora Hardin) appears to return from the dead, and you'll meet Monk as a teenager and discover the true beginnings of how he became the Monk you've come to know and love.

END ALL SPOILERS

So what do you think? sound good, sounds like something that is going to keep me tuned in. :D

2. DannyFan05

DannyFan05 CSI Level One

Thanks for those. I thought the date thing was cute.

Seeing Monk as a teenager. This should be an experience.

While I miss Sharona as his assistant, I really like Natalie. With her, he doesn't seem as paranoid or phobic as he used to. But he still has his moments. She makes him do some things himself.

3. Destiny

You're welcome, you can also go to that website and see clips of the eps airing it's pretty cool.

Yeah he doesn't seem that bad off as before, but there are times i think she has him so confused that thinking goes off the radar just to figure out what to do next.

:lol: My fav seen was in the ep when he found her birth control pills, and in front of Julie (Who is a great young actress) tried to explain away what they were. :D

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I love monk. :)

5. ford_prefect

ford_prefect CSI Level Two

I usually don't like it when they replace a character on shows, but I actually prefer Natalie to Sharona. She's a lot less annoying. I like Julie better than Benji too.

6. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

New Monk Books

I received an email from Lee Goldberg. Here is part of it:

"I'm hard at work on the second MONK novel, tentatively titled Mr. Monk Goes to Hawaii. But I'm getting ahead of myself. You didn't even know there was a first MONK novel, did you? You're forgiven...because Mr. Monk Goes to the Firehouse doesn't come out until January."

If you are not familiar with Lee Goldberg, his fifth Diagnosis Murder paperback novel, "The Past Tense," comes out this week. He has written episodes for Diagnosis Murder, Monk, Sliders, Baywatch, Spenser: For Hire, and other series, and executive producer for some series. For more information about him, go to leegoldberg.com.

7. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

There's dignosis murder books?! :eek: Oh my god, I want those! :D

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Diagnosis Murder books by Lee Goldberg:
    #1 The Silent Partner (Sep 2003)
    #2 The Death Merchant (Feb 2004)
    #3 The Shooting Scipt (Aug 2004)
    #4 The Waking Nightmare (Feb 2005)
    #5 The Past Tense (Aug 2005)
    #6 The Dead Letter (Feb 2006)
    #7 The Double Life (T.B.A.)

Since he was a writer and executive producer for the show, he knows how to write the characters very well.

9. Destiny

obsessive, complusive and drunk, :lol: now that is a mix lmao a drunk Monk.. :D this latest ep was so funny, and aww he so loved Trudy.

10. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

The scene with Monk and the Chief at the end had me rolling. :lol: And he still figured out the missing guy case. :lol:

11. DannyFan05

DannyFan05 CSI Level One

I have to say I loved drunk Monk. I think I laughed more at this one than any I can remember. It was amazing how even though he was drunk he was able to figure out the case and explain how he did it.

My favorite part was during the wine tasting when he kept coming back to the spitting step. His reaction when the spitting actually occured was priceless.

12. GottaLoveVegas

GottaLoveVegas Lab Technician

Haha, me too, I thought it was a really good episode. And I gree, the wine tasting scene was priceless! :lol:
    And Aqua-Velva will never be the same to me! :lol: :lol:

13. WASSITO

WASSITO Pathologist

I loved when he fell over during the sumation, I never laughed so hard.

14. Destiny

I know what you mean a "Drunk Monk" never would i have thought i would be saying that, his complusions were gone while he was drunk, but the catch is the first time he got drunk was off a sip WOW :eek: but the second time that was priceless.

I was laughing so hard when it came to the capt, i mean he had to keep a straight face with all this and monk is touching his mustache and saying something like "What is this, i have to get one of these" :lol: or the fact that disher with a straight face announces to the Capt that monk is "Wasted" :lol:

15. WASSITO

WASSITO Pathologist

When he passed out slumping over the inn keeper, I was just waiting for him to roll off the couch. HILARIOUS!!! I would give anything to see the outtakes to that ep.