Mac Taylor's Love Life *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 7, 2010.

?

Who do you want to see Mac Taylor with?

1. Aubrey Hunter

18 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. Peyton Driscoll

9 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Stella Bonasera

66 vote(s)
    55.9%
  4. No one--Mac should stay single

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Mac can schtupp a couch for all I care

13 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

He's only been with Peyton since Claire died. He and Aubrey have only gone on one date so far and he went on one date with Rose. I wouldn't call that anywhere near "numerous, short-lived flings." :rolleyes: :wtf:

2. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

Team Stella :) always.

3. msgirl

msgirl Police Officer

Always Team Stella :D

I agree with this.

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

no, i wouldn't either, he's not exactly been a super player!

5. ASCHATRIA

ASCHATRIA Witness

I just trip over his couch on the way in...:evil:
    What do you think I'm going to say..:devil:
    Dear God..:devil::devil::devil:

6. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Team Aubrey

I must say I don't care about Mac's love life. I watched the show for the crime solving. :) IMO Masc is boring and dull and I can't see him with anyone. I think they should just leave him with his memories of Clair and get back to crime.

I will never see him with Stella. It's funny that so many complained about Adam being to young for Stella, even though on the show their is only a three year age didderence, and, yet Mac is twenty years older and that seems just fine.

I would never see them together.

7. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

I went for 'Mac can schtupp a couch for all I care.'
    And I can't believe CSI:NY is being compared to Twilight:lol:-that's almost insulting.

Mac/couch=:guffaw:

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i don't think it's :guffaw: - i think it could be the start of a beautiful friendship ;)

9. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

then why am i :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:?!!! :lol: but i think you might be on to something! ;)

well out of the choices PV gave us, i'm firmly and squarely behind mac and aubrey! but really, so long as he does not end up with peyton, and is happy, i don't really care who he has a relationship with. mac happy = me happy. that's it! :D

10. CSI.Jade

CSI.Jade Victim

Although that poster was hilarious, it is insulting (IMO) that CSI: NY is now being compared to Twilight... *insert gag here*

11. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

So. Polling booths and teeshirts. I'd been doing so well to avoid both :lol: but where's the fun.

...I have mixed feelings about all of this, but would ultimately settle for a voting option along the lines of: "Mac can schtupp anyone but Stella on his couch for all I care, but schtupping alone I don't wanna hear about." :p

I don't care if Mac is in a relationship. And for those who want Mac uninvolved, well, if it doesn't work then the option of "Mac should be single" returns as the show's default anyways :p. At least he'll have had the chance to be more than his usual persona. I think the writing for him in recent seasons has often made him a cardboard cut out with a fairly predictable range of responses. He's not often given much else to play. I think the efforts the show has made in past seasons to peel back layers from this were a nice change, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of it in future, be it using music, being a Marine vet, interacting with Reed, stuff like racing, tid bits as in learning of his father's WWII service, or yes, romance.

I haven't been keen on this Triangle from the outset. Bring back an old love tied into a dark case, sure, whatever, could be good. Intro a new Interest, dandyo, some new way to poke Mac into being more multidimensional. But. Tossing out that Mac will meet someone, and then tossing out the Triangle crap to have viewers guessing about who the "known & familiar" is before anyone's even caught a glimpse of the new woman, well, that puts the focus squarely on what is by nature an overdone and therefore soapish set up. Scenario, issue, character must deal, gottit. But. We also have soundbites suggesting that Mac won't be pushed to make a choice and that circumstances will largely be the determining factor (within the show realm and also likely by those available in production terms), so it's actually a non-crisis, non-decision, irrelevant crux of soul-searching, in other words a non-essential conflict-that-isn't wot's got high potential to leave soap scum behind, ...so what the bloody hell is the point of it all :p. Other than buzz.

All that said.

If the triangle is a minimally imposed dramatic essence, and the characters aren't drowned in their service of it and can actually, additionally be characters, well, I'll reserve my judgement until that's all played out. I like that the spoilers have received far more attention and focus than any of its related material has onscreen :p.

Couch, I like you :lol:. I luv the option. But I wouldn't mind seeing Hawkes, or indeed any of the others being given relationship-related material, and so I certainly don't mind that Mac currently is. (Especially with it being introduced so late into the season, that it did not therefore take up too much time, nor overshadow any of the other characters' arcs -- and with Redemptio coming up, I include Sheldon in that. (erm, is it really "Redemptio" or is it "Redemption?" 6.19, whatever it's called :lol:) There's no way of knowing why Sheldon's own rumored romance arc wasn't intro'd earlier in the season, as opposed to saying it was only shelved just now. Either way. They kept what looks like the better story option for Hawkes. ...And god, if it had been Mac trapped inside a prison while Sheldon got a two-minute date, well, the current furor would be nothing in comparison to what would have erupted, no doubt :lol:). Couch, with the exception of DL, other relationships have been handled fairly well, ...up until their respective conclusions (misogynistic Frankie, was sorry to see Angell killed off, wasn't keen on how they wrote Peyton out). DL, well, DL just never ends :p. Early days but so far so good with Aubrey.

Couch, I do like you. You're very enticing. But TVGuide also has a part in this. PV teased about the Twizt, TVGuide wrote it up in a vein a la Ntl Enquirer, additionally foisting upon PV the predictable Shipping Lane question, whereupon PV did her EP's job in duly shovelling a coy response. And yes, the show is no doubt curious about viewer feedback. But while PV laughingly offered up the Twilight crap (which while laughable has admittedly given us an absolutely brilliant Fay poster to head this up :lol:) TPTB were not the ones offering free tee-shirts and inserting Stella where she is not (at least currently) an issue. While I'm admittedly a tiny bit perplexed and put off I'm also huuuuuuuuuuuugely amused by the dustup that has accompanied all this. Most of all I think anything that pushes the show and it's viewers out of an apparent complacency is a good thing.

Couch, much as I understand those who say "crime should be the only focus," NY was always the most character-centric branch of the franchise. I think its most successful episodes are those that have managed to include character moments alongside teh Shiny Procedural stuff, and on rare occasions, have also managed to include really solid mysteries to apply both to. I'm sorry to say, that for the most part, barring those rare episodes, I don't tend to remember the weekly cases in great detail, but will often be able to recall an episode thru character material. When at their best they serve each other. The procedural is a heavily traveled realm, my dear couch, and we've already been together for years. Changing things up holds an undeniable appeal, not just for viewers but likely also for those crafting it. How can I say no to attempts at things a little outside the box that made you famous? That doesn't diminish that old sense of security found in doing most things day to day as they've always been done. That said, couch, I hope you don't mind if I rummage for both Danny's glasses and Don's ties, if only so I knew where they've gone. Couch, I admit that I glance at you from afar still, uneasy in light of this twilit Bermuda Triangle. But. As appealing as you are. That's not enough to win my vote :p.

Peyton? No. Thanks, it was fun, and I'm sure everyone's still friends. Sorry to hear your colleague is in trouble, certainly everyone will help if they can. Great to see you again. Mebbe you'll wanna call next time instead of relying on canaries and nosy neighbors and ex's. And do stop by for liver pate anytime you're in the city. Peyton was good for Mac S3, though there were definitely parts of how she was written that were winceworthy. I don't mind the idea of her return - it worked out for Pino, and on it's own this could have been equally interesting, and a great possibility for Mac to play something similar, given their history, wondering what she was mixed up in and having to find out. Had Aubrey not been a character introduced and the issue were only Peyton showing up attached to this case with residual feelings and an unsatisfactory ending between them they would hafta confront, also fine. So, no I don't mind her returning. But not as part of some triangle. Wasn't the intrigue of discovering her to be involved in a murder case enough that it wouldn't have to be augmented by among the most trite conventions there ever was. Just a tad too much in premise :lol:. My hope is that what's onscreen isn't nearly as artificially heightened for Twilight crap. Guess we'll find out.

What. ...Stella?

Oh. ...Srsly? ...Srsly. Right. Beg pardon then. To answer, no. Not until the swan-song aria wafts over from the Met.

Aubrey? As of now, Aubrey gets my vote.

Aubrey because I like how she's been written in so far, and how she's been played so far. Aubrey because I have no inherent objections to any character getting development thru taking a chance on someone new. Aubrey because her introduction was done thru an approach and direction not seen in the realm of NY before, in other words, it actually resulted in something different, it took a path not travelled while on a very well travelled path, and the fact it resulted in something new, if cheezilicious, is a good thing for a show undergoing some apparent inner search of/for self. Aubrey because her life is based outside the police department, labs, and medical examiner's office. She offers opportunities to branch things out, not just for Mac but for the show, instead of creating further-insular stories. Aubrey because she is new and unknown, and the only potential baggage between them is what they individually carry. Aubrey because she's funny, and has already had hints of being able to mix well with the other characters. Aubrey because I believed Madchen Amick when she said "Cadaveric Spasm" (looks like her time on ER has served her well; wondering if she was another reason Eriq LaSalle came on board to direct, or whether that was a happy happenstance reunion). Aubrey because she's evidently tailor made for Taylor, and the discovery is fun. Aubrey because I appreciate Amick was keen to do the show despite it being a rather contained and small part, and also because of how she's spoken of what she's come in to play. Whether or not the Fox show works out, she seems a fun sort to have invited on board. Aubrey if only because her arrival has contributed to kicking up so much dust. Guess that's just an added bonus for me :p ;)

...guess I musta missed that memo :p;)

:p. Gary as Twilit Mac has got a sort of cross between Lt.Dan and his ebil character from Reindeer Games going on but without the facial scruff :lol: (don't know his character's name; despite it being both a Gary and Frankenheimer movie I've never seen it).

was something PV brought upon herself and the show, whether she said it in jest or not :p.

12. Smackfanforlife

Smackfanforlife Dead on Arrival

TEAM STELLA..DUH!!! The Twilight pic made me crack up.:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:and when I saw Peyton had 0 votes, I was like "HAHA! TAKE THAT YOU EVIL MONSTER!" :guffaw::guffaw:LOL! I'm gonna write what I wrote on the facebook page about this:

If he doesn't pick her, I bet the show is done for. That's why some of us watch it, to see if they get together. And i surf the web a lot, and I saw that some people (By 'some' i mean A LOT!!!!!) say if he doesn't pick her, they will stop watching it. I hate to say this, but I sort of agree. The show is good don't get me wrong, but I basically watch it to see if they get together. And I'm getting ticked off that they aren't.

According to 'some'(keyword: A LOT!!) of sources, the one with Aubrey whom Mac is currently dating on the show, was the lowest viewed episode they ever had. And it said Mac will have a fond memory I think about Peyton. :wtf: kind of fond memory did they have together? the cupcake thing? The Dear John letter was horrible! HOW IS THAT FOND!

The way I see things about the three girls is this:

Peyton:

A horrible person! For getting in the way of SMACK. Then there was the Dear John letter. I could'nt stand when they were together. Don't even get me started on when I saw an episode that started out with those to in bed. *Shudders*

Aubrey:

Not much to say. Mac doesn't really know her. He just met her 2 episodes ago. And when he said and i quote: "I hope you don't find me too forward in saying this" End quote when he was writing (srry if its i hope u dont find me to forward in WRITTING this. I forgot) YOU ARE FORWARD FOR SAYING/WRITING THAT! YOU BARLEY KNOW HER!

Stella:

Friend,partner,ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU! DO THOSE THINGS MEAN NOTHING TO YOU MAC!? She is the only one who can get through his thick stubborn head! (ROFL). Yes they fight. But Yes they make up. The episode when he followed her to greece, THAT should've been the episode when they SHOULD'VE started dating!

But everyone is saying its 'too early for them to date due to Danny&Lindsey' Too early? TOO EARLY!!! THIS IS THE 6th SEASON FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Yes I agree, but NO I DON'T!

Botton line is: If they DON'T get together, I bet A LOT of people will stop watching it, thus making the show go under.

Whoa. that was a lot of writing. Sorry, im just ticked off. :mad:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  13. CSI.Jade

CSI.Jade Victim

^ Despite how much I adore SMack, I know I'll still watch the show even if they don't get together--then again, if Mac ends up with Peyton, I will stop. I'm also quite sure that lots of people will still watch even if SMack doesn't happen (though it would be great if it does). Lots of people watch the show for its main aspect: the crime. If they are true fans, one little thing like their favorite couple not ending up together shouldn't make them stop watching.

I still love SMack and am totally rooting (again) for Stella, simply because the woman kicks @$$ all the time. :) Stella's the best. If she's not deserving of a happy ending (with Mac!), then I don't know who is.

14. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

I honestly want Mac's love life doesn't afloat any further, I don't want to know and it gets me annoyed to see it every week. But if I have to choose one... I'd' go for Team Peyton. At least it would end very fast. :lol:

I just hit no-one by accident! Maybe my finger followed my true heart. :guffaw:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  15. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Hmm I think that age-difference thing is pretty interesting. What I've understood that Mac ain't 50 years old yet (So Gary plays a younger character than he really is) I count that when season 4 was going in and in the episode "Thing about heroes" Mac tell that tragic event from his passed. I can't remember the year now but he was then about 45-46 years old...so he would be now about 48-49...but again my opinion. Indeed there haven't been confirmed age of Mac. But I've also thought that Stella is about 35...

I agree with you. I don't like Payton..I don't want her back, like I said earilier I can't forgive her that letter thing. And Aubrey...well like you said they've just met! They will never have as nearly as close relatioship as Mac has with Stella. Indeed they both are stubborn..."God...they ARE" And yeah they've had some fights but they always made up...and Greece, Mac FOLLOWED her there. That means he cares about here and definitely more than a friend. If you fly to the other side of the world just going after a 'friend' I don't buy it, sorry. There's gotta be more behind it. And all those looks, touches, smiles...and the most of al. the end of the eppie Grounds of Deception...the coffee grounds moment. Now there if you listing carefully you can hear in Stella's voice 'feelings' when she said "...you have something that belongs to her..." I've always thought that in two ways. One it was that badge of course , but you can see it meaning his heart; love.
    As I said Mac&Stella <3